Question

4 fives for one Arc

• 1 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Can you add 4 fives to one arc in such a way that I create 1 rear left speaker, 1 front left speaker, 1 rear right speaker and 1 front right speaker? And also that can it be done with the one SLs’ also?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, and no.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Sven Bluster.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. 

I do agree with @nik9669a. the Sonos home theater system can only support a maximum of a 5.1 setup which means the main Home theater speaker that is connected to the TV is already your front center, front left, and front right. The only thing we can add more specifically to a Home theater speaker connected to the TV is a Sub and 2 surround speakers completing the 5.1 Home theater setup. If yous till want to add more than the current supported to set up, you may only do that by grouping additional Sonos speaker to the home theater speaker via the Sonos app. The grouped speakers would be mimicking the audio generated by the home theater speaker specifically the main home theater speaker connected to the TV.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Sven Bluster.

The grouped speakers would be mimicking the audio generated by the home theater speaker specifically the main home theater speaker connected to the TV.

But, the grouped speakers would suffer a slight delay so the result would be like an “echo” which would not be good!