Answered

2x Play:5 as a stereo pair and also audio from TV?

• 6 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi guys, I'm hoping for some advice here on something. I currently have a Play:1 in my kitchen, a Play:3 in my hallway, and a Play:5 in my living room...love them all!
My question is, as I have used the Play:5 with an optical toslink splitter to give me audio from my TV when watching movies, but also outstanding music quality which I am massively into...would I be able to purchase a second Play:5 to set up as a stereo pair for the TV audio set up? I really want the 5's as a stereo pair for music but don't want to lose the set up with my TV. I'm sure I read somewere that when setting the 5's up in stereo you lose the "line in" function, which is what the TV is set up to....i may be wrong.
I hope that makes sense?
Thanks Guys.
icon

Best answer by John B 6 October 2017, 02:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You are fortunately wrong. The line in is disabled when the speakers are bonded to a Playbar or Playbase as surround speakers
Hi John.
I don't actually have a playbar or playbase though, I currently only have 1 play:5 linked to my tv via toslink from the jack output...was suggesting connecting second play:5 to that, so it would only be 2x play:5 in the living room?
My point was that there is no problem using line in on a stereo pair, which is what you were concerned about
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As John B says your proposed set-up would continue to function as you want with 2 x Play 5 as stereo pair and TV audio in via Line-in
Excellent. Thanks for the replies guys!