Updates to the Desktop Controller Coming Soon

Show first post

488 replies

Alan_78 wrote:

I think Sonos has made a terrible mistake in removing administration tasks from your desktop controllers. Instead of investing more money into SONOS products I will be investing time into looking for an alternative solution for my music listening.

Please post back to let us know which superior overall system you settle on.
Just joined this forum to express my disappointment at the downgrading of the desktop controller. It's a backward step. I much prefer a larger screen and proper keyboard than fiddling around with my smart phone. I didn't know the add speakers function was removed until I tried to set up a Beam which I took delivery of yesterday. Shame.
Userlevel 1
It's amazing that Sonos can just ignore all this negative feedback and do nothing. I have hope though, so I keep checking for an update to the Desktop Controller every day. Come on, Sonos. Listen to your loyal customers and restore it's functionality.
Badge
Need 2 devices to work ...
I have WiFi interference with Line-In. Worked with SONOS support and determined the only solution is to set compression on. This is great for Audio, but introduces about a 2 second delay. When I watch videos on my PC, I would change the compression so everything was in sync. Now I need 2 devices, as I don't intend to watch video on a tiny phone screen.

Also several posts encourage use on a tablet. I have a great tablet called a Surface Pro - but it needs the PC Desktop controller. Surprise ... it is not a desktop. I'll camp out on the couch to watch something on my SP3 and oops, I have to find my phone to change the compression setting.

What baffles me the most is removing the functionality. Does that code really need constant update to keep working?
Userlevel 1
Apparently Sonos believes that only Desktop PC's are affected by this. They don't realize or care that Surface Pro's, Laptops, netbooks, etc are also being impacted. Hey Sonos, these are also mobile devices but they run the Desktop App.
Userlevel 1
@Sonos: I use a desktop and when I went to add a new speaker this weekend, was forced to update. Then I find out that because I was forced to update the software I can no longer add speakers. What are you thinking? How does this make any sense. All of my music is on my windows system and I can no longer even get to that. This is the worst thought out update I have ever seen to a system. The fact that we are forced to turn our speakers into glorified radio stations and paper weights unless we go out an buy a handheld device is ridiculous. At least let us use the old version so we have something functional. Can I return my 8 speakers and boost now, since your decisions have made them non-functional for me?
Adding my voice, please restore the functionality of the desktop apps!
Userlevel 1
I just added a 1 star review at amazon. Great speakers that now are not fully functional.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
OMG it's a controller functionality downgrade, nothing at all has happened to the functionality of a working system.
The world is going mobile devices/voice. My laptop lives under my sofa, rarely used now. I need to renew Kaspersky on it, just in case I need to power it up ever again.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Why does the playing track not have the animated EQ like the Mobile Apps.

After all these years - still no right click play next available from the queue so in a 500 track playlist you have to find the track you want to play next then try and drag it underneath the track that is playing - if you can find it!!
Badge +1
alan8 wrote:

Just joined this forum to express my disappointment at the downgrading of the desktop controller. It's a backward step. I much prefer a larger screen and proper keyboard than fiddling around with my smart phone. I didn't know the add speakers function was removed until I tried to set up a Beam which I took delivery of yesterday. Shame.

I would just take the beam back to were you got it from and get your money back, just like I did the other week...…I think this is the only way sonos will start to listen to their customers once again, if enough people did this.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
So we can't add Sonos components using our preferred device, after having been able to do so since 2005. Let's not buy any more Sonos components.
Please, for the love of all that is holy, put the functionality back in the desktop app to change settings.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings