The Sonos BOOST - Now Available

• 14 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
First announced in September, the Sonos BOOST is now available globally from select retailers and sonos.com.

The BOOST is the most powerful wireless product we’ve ever created and was designed to keep the music playing in even the most challenging of wireless environments.  Featuring enterprise-grade wireless performance, the BOOST connects to your home router and creates a dedicated wireless network similar to the BRIDGE, but with more power and better interference mitigation.

Software support for the BOOST is available by updating your Sonos to version 5.1.1.  To update your Sonos prior to installing a new BOOST, select Update Now from the Music menu or follow the instructions here.

You’ll find more information about the BOOST at the Sonos Blog.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have a Sonos connect that is hard wired to my router then my 2 play3's and single play1 connects wirelessly to the connet. If I was to setup a Sonos boost how would the play3's and play1 know what Wireless to us? Or would I have to remove the cat6 to the connect and use all Sonos equipment wirelessly? I ask as I do at times have wireless drop outs on the one play3 that is close to my microwave when it running causing interface.
I have a Sonos connect that is hard wired to my router then my 2 play3's and single play1 connects wirelessly to the connet. If I was to setup a Sonos boost how would the play3's and play1 know what Wireless to us? Or would I have to remove the cat6 to the connect and use all Sonos equipment wirelessly? I ask as I do at times have wireless drop outs on the one play3 that is close to my microwave when it running causing interface.
It's outlined in the BOOST Quickstart guide: launch the Controller app and choose "Add a BOOST". Then the Controller app will take care of getting everything set up.