Resolved

Temporary Outage - Spotify

• 28 November 2019
  • 13 replies
Temporary Outage - Spotify
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Update: 28th Nov. ‘19: 1900 (GMT+1)

This outage is now resolved and full functionality has been restored.
You should now be able to browse Spotify music within the Sonos app, and use Spotify Direct Control.

If you are still encountering issues, please start a new topic, or reach out to us directly. 

Today, the 28th of November, Spotify is experiencing temporary issues.
You will probably be unable to browse Spotify music within the Sonos app.
Spotify Direct Control is also not functioning at this time. 

We are working with Spotify to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. 

You can always view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. You may wish to subscribe to this topic to receive any further updates. Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m not having any problems running Spotify on my Windows computer right now. Just not on Sonos.

It’s likely two different servers at Spotify. Most streamers maintain specific servers for each “source” so they can track usage. 

And thanks, Edward, for the heads up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not having any problems running Spotify on my Windows computer right now. Just not on Sonos.

Good call out, I have amended the announcement to reflect this. Thank you!

It’s likely two different servers at Spotify. Most streamers maintain specific servers for each “source” so they can track usage. 

And thanks, Edward, for the heads up!

My pleasure, Bruce! 

​​​​​​​

This has disabled my Sonos playlists. I’m having to run Spotify through Roku and then through a loopback to Sonos speakers. 

But since it’s Thanksgiving, I’ll observe that I haven’t completely lost my grip, it isn’t ruining my holiday, nothing is being cancelled, I have friends and loved ones, food on the table... :)

Back on now in the US

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, all. I can’t give confirmation that this is resolved just yet, though we have received reports of functionality having been restored in some cases. I would recommend removing / re-adding your Spotify account to see if this helps with the browsing problem. No promises at the moment but we’re working hard at this with Spotify. 

There have not been any changes in Direct Control just yet. 

Spotify is still NOT working with Sonos in NH, USA. Spotify works on everyone’s apps in the house. Have reset WiFi. Finally came here to see there’s a true outage. 

Other music services on Sonos all have ads & are inferior to Spotify Premium. We're all bummed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The content of this announcement has been updated to reflect that the outage is now confirmed as resolved.
If you are still encountering issues, please start a new topic. Many thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Spotify is still NOT working with Sonos in NH, USA. Spotify works on everyone’s apps in the house. Have reset WiFi. Finally came here to see there’s a true outage. 

Other music services on Sonos all have ads & are inferior to Spotify Premium. We're all bummed. 

Hi there, thanks for reporting this. We have received confirmation that it should now be working. Can you please try removing and re-adding the service? Thank you.

Edward,

thank you for the update. As I was writing my contribution to the thread, the issue was apparent resolved. I tried again & was able to restore Spotify within Sonos. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I tried to re-add the service but it is still not working with my system. Should I had a system update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I tried to re-add the service but it is still not working with my system. Should I had a system update?

There shouldn’t be an update necessary, wishu. Can you try unplugging your router for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and try again? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

There shouldn’t be an update necessary, wishu. Can you try unplugging your router for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and try again? 

Hi, I tried but it does not work. When I say “Alexa play music on Spotify” the Beam does the “There you have your music” (in Spanish, not sure what say exactly in English :P) and then… silence. I can play music from my Phone using Spotify and streaming to the soundbar, but using Alexa… nope.