Spotify Your Music Updates - Albums

• 7 December 2015
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 12372 replies
Great news everyone, starting today, Spotify on Sonos has been updated to include “Albums” within Your Music, in addition to Playlists and Songs. So long as your system is on Sonos version 6.0 or higher, you don’t need to make any changes or updates to enjoy this addition.

The “Albums” listing on Sonos will only show the saved albums items you’ve added to your Spotify library directly. This may appear differently from within your Spotify desktop or mobile app which also display the albums from songs added to your library.

If you’re using your Spotify app, under Albums you can filter by saved albums only to see the ones which will display on Sonos.

We’re continuing to work with Spotify to improve the experience on Sonos. We’ll let you know when there are any updates available.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

AWESOME!
Badge
+1 for Albums !! THANK YOU.
What about Artists now ?
Hurrah. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Nice update, thank you.
Fantastic, well done Sonos!!
Badge
Fantastic news!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks for continuing to improve the Spotify/Sonos experience! Looking forward to Artist View in near future!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
follow (and +1) this page for updates on when Artists might be available on Spotify's web-api which Sonos are using
https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/114
This has made my week! I am an album oriented listener and have been waiting for this feature for so so long. It feels like I have been in music subscription limbo forever -- until now. A rocky road it has been. :)

I am curious what functionality the people asking for the Artists view are looking for exactly. Since the Albums view is sorted alphabetically by artist name rather than album (I will mention an Albums view sorted by album name would have been quite worthless for me), this essentially gives you an Artist view. The only downside I can think of is if you have tons of albums from particular artists, then you will need to scroll more.

Also note that the Artists view seems to work fine in version 5.4.
Userlevel 2
Finally! Thanks!
Thank you so much ! Currently switching to Spotify from bankrupt Rdio and that was really something missing badly.
Great news and thanks!
A search text box at the top would be fantastic to allow users filter down by artist / album name
PLEASE FIX PLAYLIST FOLDERS FIRST!!! after all, the albums ì like are in my playlists with just the songs I like. that is the nice thing about playlists. The Albums feature in My music is pretty useless.:@
Woo! Restores my faith in Sonos.

I just moved to a new apartment and was gonna use a competing system that supports Spotify Connect, because of Sonos' Spotify shortcomings.

No longer.

Sonos 4 life!
Ryan S,
thanks, but the real issue is that we have lost the structure of Spotify Folders, as explained in the thread "Sonos Version 5.5 - Update Now Available"

Could Sonos please re-instate the Spotify Folder structure, so we enjoy the music in a structured manner? Thank you........
and also need to be able to access Spotify's "Discover Weekly" feature which I currently can't get to.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Ryan S,
thanks, but the real issue is that we have lost the structure of Spotify Folders, as explained in the thread "Sonos Version 5.5 - Update Now Available"

Could Sonos please re-instate the Spotify Folder structure, so we enjoy the music in a structured manner? Thank you........

We understand the playlist folders is a feature that many Spotify users have enjoyed and it's unfortunate that it's no longer available in the current API with the new architecture we're using with Spotify. We'll pass on the feedback for you, but we don't have any news to share regarding the fate of folders right now.
I am curious what functionality the people asking for the Artists view are looking for exactly. Since the Albums view is sorted alphabetically by artist name rather than album (I will mention an Albums view sorted by album name would have been quite worthless for me), this essentially gives you an Artist view. The only downside I can think of is if you have tons of albums from particular artists, then you will need to scroll more.

If you save only certain songs in Spotify but not whole albums, those artists do not appear in the album view. For instance I have added 3 songs by a certain artist to my collection. Unless you want to scroll through potentially hundreds / thousands of songs in the "songs" tab to find that artist, there is no way to find that artist and those songs.