Spotify New Features in v5.4 Beta

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

89 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
SONOS You should update this thread with 5.5 version then because some features listed here are still in beta. Any hope for more graceful sleep options?
Great question Duncan. The iOS controller can still access these features, but mismatched versions have limited settings. For example, you might not be able to use that controller to remove Spotify or re-authorize the account. When 5.4 was entirely in beta, the iOS controller would still show 5.3.2 while the rest would be at 5.4.
SONOS You should update this thread with 5.5 version then because some features listed here are still in beta. Any hope for more graceful sleep options?
Thanks for the explanation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great update but...all my folders made in Spotify are gone. All songs and albums in these folders are put together in one long list.
A reason it is still in beta. If you lost a feature you need remove yourself from beta and return to the older version of spotify integration.
Great update but...all my folders made in Spotify are gone. All songs and albums in these folders are put together in one long list.
You can't do that once you've updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. If you remove yourself from the beta you will roll back to the current release ...which does not have the changes.
I am thoroughly confused regarding what is going on with the 5.4 update.  I have updated my iphone and ipad sonos controllers as well as my PC controller to the latest update.  I don't see any Spotify radio integration anywhere.  I just signed up for the 5.4 Beta but the only thing I see under the link for Beta is the Android update.  No Beta link for the PC controller.  Is there a way for me to install the Beta link for the PC controller so I can run Spotify radio?  Or am I screwed because I already updated to the "official" 5.4 release?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is kinda a 5.4.1 where there is a 5.4+spotify in beta. You won't find a PC link. Once signed up for beta and you go in the current PC version at the top of music selection panel you should see an update now icon to update the PC version. If not showing you can run the check for updates
I don't see that anywhere even after restarting the PC controller?
I waited overnight but still don't see any link to update to the 5.4 Spotify release in the PC controller.  The PC controller version I have is Version: 5.4 (build 29591030).  What do I need to do to be able to update to the Beta?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is strange. Do you have an android device you can try and get beta on. Sometimes your account online and your system have different deviceids from a reinstall. Your system must not be flagged for the beta. I would go under hell and submit a diagnostic and post the diagnostic number here or call sonos with so they can get your account setup properly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Does the SONOS ID you see in File/SONOS > About My SONOS System match the SONOS id found on http://sonos.com/myaccount ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
if/when can we expect to see 'Albums' and 'Artists' added to 'Your Music' ?
What about 'Radio' by Genre and Recommended Stations ?
if/when can we expect to see 'Albums' and 'Artists' added to 'Your Music' ?
What about 'Radio' by Genre and Recommended Stations ?

+1
Exactly
The music directory is undrinkable when you have too many favorite artists
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
@Sonos - As of 4 days ago the Spotify web-api was adapted to also return a users 'Saved Albums' from the web-api. This should allow Sonos to add Albums also into the Sonos app under 'Your Music'. Please see https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/get-users-saved-albums/

Still no progress yet on Artists though