Spotify New Features in v5.4 Beta

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

89 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Given that Spotify Radio is coming, does that mean free Spotify users will be able to have access through Sonos?
A Spotify Premium account is still required for use with Sonos players as with any "Hardware player". 
SONOS and its stubbornness with the Controller Application, reminds me of Nokia in its last days. No matter how many features are added to the Controller software, user experience will always be mediocre when compared with the genuine apps from the Streaming providers. I expect it will not be different with Apple Music service.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Given that Spotify Radio is coming, does that mean free Spotify users will be able to have access through Sonos?
Try reauthorising your Spotify account from your PC/Mac or Android controller. How to:

(On a Mac or PC, Click Manage)
Click Settings,
Click Services,
Click on your Spotify account,
Click reauthorise.
Follow the steps and then you will be able to use Spotify on your iPhone controller again.
Omg thank you so much
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Is there anywhere that explains exactly why Sonos is against Spotify connect ? Many other devices have no problems using this to access their audio equipment . I'm just very curious as to why they have such a problem integrating Spotify connect. Many people who are unfamiliar with Sonos find it very comfortable using the app they are already familiar with. I'm just wondering what is the big deal? Either support Spotify correctly as they intend or drop it as a available music provider. Instead it's half assed. I find most Spotify users who have Sonos don't like the integration in its current form. Many people I encounter who are not familiar with Sonos but Spotify I recommend Heos by Denon for them as I'm sure they can benefit by the simplicity of use and familiarity of their Spotify app. It's also a benefit that there is substantially more output forever available from the amplifiers. I'd really like to know what is the problem using Spotify connect? Is it a design limitation of Sonos ? Or is just Sonos way or the highway , take it or leave it ?
I know that this is two weeks old, but Peter that's exactly why the Public Beta exists. I recommend sending your feedback to the beta team using this link https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Please add "Your Stations" for collecting stations.  It's great that one can now find and play artist stations, but we need to be able to collect them somewhere (other than in Sonos Favorites, which is very limited in space).
I have an Avenged Sevenfold playlist in Spotify which I could play on Sonos. But now it isgone. How can I add again my Spotify playlist in Sonos?
Just updated to 5.4 on my iOS devices - no spotify radio, am I missing something?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Just updated to 5.4 on my iOS devices - no spotify radio, am I missing something?
Hi Duncan,

The new features that are detailed here did not make it into the release version of 5.4. They are continuing to test the new features in the latest public beta. Which will be/is available at http://beta.sonos.com
Any idea when they will make it into the live system?
Why no beta for iOS??? I'd like to test Sonos radio...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Never is for sonos. Lots of speculation over years as to why regarding Apple rules.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
oops answered above
Is the Beta available for PC, as I don't see this as an option on sonos.com under beta software ( only android)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ONce you sign up for beta..go into the PC app and it should have an update now icon at the top of the music selection screen.
No Update now icon, and I have just had an email saying that the 5.4 beta is now complete. Do you have any indication when they are planning to release the enhanced spotify features on the live system, or if there is a way i can get at them in beta. i relly would like to try them out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
did you "check for updates" under menu

No inside information here but I think they went final with it to get the ios version fix out for iTunes.   I think they went ahead of schedule to get that out and so left the work in process of Spotify out of the final.  Personally - I normally would say a while until next full release but I'm thinking end of month on this one (which would be a lot faster pace then normal between cycles).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Duncan,

The Spotify updates are still in public beta for Android, Mac and Windows PC. You can test them through the beta program. You'll need to log into the website using the email address your Sonos system is registered to. This email is showing up as public beta but there doesn't seem to be much of an active system registered to it. You might be registered to a different email address.

If you'd like to send a diagnostic from there and give us the confirmation number I'll check the registration for you.
done that, conf no is 4721105
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks, the system is under a different email address. Your players are registered under the address starting with your full first name, not the initials. If you're unable to log in there let me know and we'll look into it for you.
Thanks,I have now logged into that account and registered for the beta,but still no option to upgrade when I go into the app
Managed to sort this now, and have access to Spotify radio on the PC,. Bizarrely, I also now seem to have access to Spotify track and Artist Radion on my iPad controller too. #happyman
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
SONOS You should update this thread with 5.5 version then because some features listed here are still in beta. Any hope for more graceful sleep options?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
SONOS You should update this thread with 5.5 version then because some features listed here are still in beta. Any hope for more graceful sleep options?
Though 5.4 was just released, the Spotify changes weren't included in it. They're still in a public beta which will continue to show up as 5.4. I'll see about editing the post above to be more clear.

Thanks for the callout.
If the spotify features are still on Beta, and not included in the 5.4 release, how come I have access to them on the iPad controller when iOS was not included in the Beta?