Sonos Version 9.1 - Now Available

• 4 September 2018
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11549 replies
Sonos version 9.1 includes some minor bug fixes and reliability improvements.

System requirements, alerts & warnings

Minimum OS requirements
  • Android 4.4 or later
  • iOS 9 or later
  • macOS 10.10 or later
  • Windows 7 or later

Alert: Android 4.3 is No Longer Supported
It is no longer possible to control Sonos from a device running Android 4.3. Please update to version 4.4 or higher in order to update and continue using the Sonos app on that device.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 2
I’m glad that the Spotify app is still supporting android 4.3 so I can use my wall mounted tablet to play music. This Sonos update made my tablet worthless. I don’t like it. ??
Badge
okay now i have had the time to do some debugging... And i can see that the page status/topology is not accessible any more.. I use this page to get the information, on how´s the coordinator(and it´s IP address). This is done to make sure the amplifiers works when the Connect is grouped with other Sonos players as coordinator...

Is there an other way to get this information?
Badge
i use the for this: http://www.adps.dk/DIY/sonosTrigSig/index.php
The IFTTT will not be the solution for me.. but if the access for the web browser port 1400 not going to be accessible again i must look at the API i think. But i would prefer to just keep my setup that's been working for long time!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Will do, BjarkeSS. I'm not sure exactly what you're using the commands for, but with our recent IFTTT integration, you might be able to make something similar happen.
Badge

Hi Oriboaz, we've been restricting some status pages from view for privacy reasons, it started earlier, and we've restricted more for the same reasons. I'll let the team know you're missing them.

Let them know that i´m missing them too!!!! cannot use soup commands anymore to detect if my Connect is playing...? so know my speakers will not turn on and off as needed...
Badge
Thankyou Ryan S ...would appreciate that x
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sorry to hear that, poshcatz. I'll look into it and see what the story is. I'll PM you with more details shortly.
Badge
RyanS. ...I contacted support over a week ago and sent two lots of diagnostics to them...I was told the matter was being sent ‘upstairs’. for someone to look into my problem as they couldn’t sort it...I still have had no phone call or email!!! The first diagnostic code was 9644117 and the second was 725778222 ...can someone please help ?
How long until we get Alexa drop-in support for our Sonos Ones?
I’d like to think I’m optimistic 🆒 Maybe one day I can watch my movies again
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
NO
you're trolling ..right...or forever the optimist 😉
Does this update alllow me to watch my BluRay collection in 4K DTS audio?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Will this address the issue of the controllers switching rooms randomly?

what's the eta on this? Been an issue for months now.....

We're looking into this one, it's not specifically fixed in this update.
We don't have a specific ETA, but it's being investigated. As soon as we're confident we have a fix, I'll let you know. We prefer not to give a timeline that we might not meet.
Badge

Will this address the issue of the controllers switching rooms randomly?
We're looking into this one, it's not specifically fixed in this update.

what's the eta on this? Been an issue for months now.....
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
To get 8.6 in I installed Aptoid and then 8.6. that is what I did after 9.0.1 anyway.
But now a forced update prevents 8.6 being usable. You simply can't get past the update screen other than update.

I called Sonos support and they are very interested in my battery drain problems on 9.1. That was one of the things that should be fixed by 9.1.

I fully charged, which restarts a my phone's battery stats. Reinstalled 9.1 and am to send in screen shots and app diagnostic. This is on a Moto G5 Android 7.0.

I'll keep you updated.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Really disappointed. Have to force load 8.6 which is missing so many features.

Steve,

How did you manage to go back to 8.6?

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
sounds like a bad wifi connection. I would try deleting wifi from phone. Rebooting it. Adding wifi network back to phone. If still a problem submit a diagnostic from the Sonos app and post it here.
My Android (5? CM12.1) Tablet screen has stopped updating when a new song plays. I have to touch the screen to see the new song album cover and progress bar. Impossible now to look across the room to see what's playing.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Was hoping 9.1 would fix the battery drain issues many of us have reported using 9.0.1!
Not a bit of it! Just as BAD!
Really disappointed. Have to force load 8.6 which is missing so many features.
Very poor Sonos!
Hi,
The 9.1 update has removed the "like" and "don't like" buttons that used to appear along with the play/pause,rewind... buttons when a track is played through DEEZER.
They allowed to stop a song from being played in the "Flow" playlist, or to make another one play more often.
Please bring these buttons back !

I forgot to mention that I it concerns the Iphone (these buttons are still present on the Ipad...).
Badge
This update still hasn’t fixed the fact that the Sonos Beam still flat out does not work on airplay 2. Airplay 1 works fine. In 9.0 it would at least show up in my airplay 2 menu and fail to connect. Now it doesn’t even show up. I have no problem with Airplay 2 on my iOS devices (running the betas of iOS 12) playing to my Beam
Hi,
The 9.1 update has removed the "like" and "don't like" buttons that used to appear along with the play/pause,rewind... buttons when a track is played through DEEZER.
They allowed to stop a song from being played in the "Flow" playlist, or to make another one play more often.
Please bring these buttons back !
Open a new thread under Troubleshooting, run a diagnostic and post the number. What you're experiencing should not be happening, Sonos (or the community), given enough information, should be able to help you to fix it.
This update still hasn’t fixed the fact that the Sonos Beam still flat out does not work on airplay 2. Airplay 1 works fine. In 9.0 it would at least show up in my airplay 2 menu and fail to connect. Now it doesn’t even show up
Userlevel 2
Badge

I and other users are experiencing issues with WAV files played form a NAS, specifically there is no track pointer, time or FF/REW available. Are there plans to address these issues?
WAV tends to have fairly non-standard metadata support. Do you have trouble with all tracks in WAV not showing the timing bar or do some of them work fine? It may be best to give us a call on our support line to make sure what you're seeing is a known issue and not something else.

Hi, grateful for the response. The files in my library were ripped over the last 2 or 3 years and have >all< been usable by Sonos until recently. None of the track I choose appear to show the track time, pointer etc now. Is this a known issue with v9.0? thanks in advance!