Sonos Version 7.2 Now Available

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Badge
If the devices aren't picking up their reserved IP addresses then there is a problem with your router's DHCP.
That was a red herring, it is the Docks crashing off the network, all my docks are doing it, powercycle and they stay up for about 30 minutes and then they are gone..
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I've noticed 7.2 and iOS 10.3 do not play nice in that iOS rarely adds what I'm playing on Sonos to "Now Playing" which means I can't change tracks with the lock screen or Siri and I can't control the volume outside of the Sonos app launched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I've noticed 7.2 and iOS 10.3 do not play nice in that iOS rarely adds what I'm playing on Sonos to "Now Playing" which means I can't change tracks with the lock screen or Siri and I can't control the volume outside of the Sonos app launched.

That sounds like it might be an issue with some latency on the iOS device, but we'd be happy to take a closer look. One thing I'd suggest to help make sure you stay on the wireless network, instead of cellular or some combination is to go into iOS Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data) and turn off WiFi Assist at the bottom of that page. This can cause trouble with finding the system completely.

If you're still having trouble I'd recommend giving us a call on our support line.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That sounds like it might be an issue with some latency on the iOS device, but we'd be happy to take a closer look. One thing I'd suggest to help make sure you stay on the wireless network, instead of cellular or some combination is to go into iOS Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data) and turn off WiFi Assist at the bottom of that page. This can cause trouble with finding the system completely.

If you're still having trouble I'd recommend giving us a call on our support line.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using Sonos for the last six months and it was only recently that I've had issues and not changed anything on my end besides updating software. The issue was definitely pre-iOS 10.3 & post-7.2 but maybe iOS exacerbated the issue.

It's always been inconsistent but I went from it working 80% of the time to it working only 10% of the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details. That WiFi Assist step may help if you haven't yet. We've seen it causing some trouble since 10.2. Not all systems, but certainly enough to make sure to bring it up.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Thanks for the details. That WiFi Assist step may help if you haven't yet. We've seen it causing some trouble since 10.2. Not all systems, but certainly enough to make sure to bring it up.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight.

Is the Sonos iOS app able to opt out of Wifi Assist? My understanding is it only works with some third-party apps.

"Wi-Fi Assist doesn’t activate with some third-party apps that stream audio or video, or download attachments, like an email app, as they might use large amounts of data."
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205296