Sonos version 7.0 is now entering Public Beta for Android, Mac and Windows PCs

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

150 replies

Ryan, it might be worth adding a couple of lines to your original post explaining how to enable Spotify functionality once the Sonos Beta has been downloaded. There are a lot of Spotify newbies out there :)

Good call, I'll update Max's post.

Hey Guys! I solved the issue on iOS by a kind of "workaround", hence it did not work for me either at first.
When I started the Sonos App on my MacBook Air (OSX) I was again promoted to upgrade the Sonos system to v7.0. During that process Sonos asked me to log in to my Sonos account. Sonos then connected it with my Spotify account and the upgrade process concluded. When opening the Spotify app on OSX I could could choose the Sonos speakers to play the music. Thereafter I checked the iPhone 6S and there it was, I could as well select the Sonos speakers.
Hope it will work for you as well. Good luck!
I've noticed that Spotify Connect will find my Echo, Dot and Chromecast from my phone while it's on 4G, but doesn't see my Sonos devices until I connect the phone to WiFi. Sonos appears to be implementing Spotify Connect differently.
Sonos version 7.0 is now entering Public Beta for Android, Mac and Windows PCs.

Hi,
Why i can see only the Android beta for download? Where'sthe Mac Beta?
Hi Ryan
I don't know how the diagnostic should look. But following advice from another guy in this conversation I've updated the SONOS app on my pd running windows 10, and now it seems to run on both devices. So thanks for the help to all!

Thanks! I tried this, but Sonos was not one of the available devices

Can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back here with your confirmation number? I'll check to make sure the configuration is all right.

Hi,

Check for updates on your Mac controller. It should download and update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Applied latest update, still can't connect to Sonos from Spotify - 'Connecting...'
Just to add - I'm also getting 'Connecting' in Spotify all the time when I try to connect to a speaker..

Fully understand this is a beta though - so these things will happen - but wanted to add a 'me too'...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just to add - I'm also getting 'Connecting' in Spotify all the time when I try to connect to a speaker..

Fully understand this is a beta though - so these things will happen - but wanted to add a 'me too'...

Thanks, make sure you send in beta feedback through the form in the first post too.

Hi,

Check for updates on your Mac controller. It should download and update.

I've found the link clicking on the android link. Btw, i bought sonos just after the spotify connect news. Now i'm a happy new sonos customer with a Play5 and a Connect Amp for my store.
Badge +2
Question for the testers - when listening through the Spotify app, is the volume control in the app separate to the 'master' Sonos volume control, or is the entire volume controlled within Spotify?
Thanks! (hope the question makes sense!)
(hope the question makes sense!)
nope, not really :D

Where zones are grouped:
* the Spotify app can control group volume
* you need to use the Sonos app, or physical volume buttons, to adjust volume for a single zone within the group
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
As I still can't connect, I can't quite remember but I do recall sometimes having a volume slider at the bottom of the screen and sometimes needing to use the phone's hard buttons. Never quite knew how/why. Maybe it was to do with grouping as Barry suggests.
and sometimes needing to use the phone's hard buttons.
Not disagreeing with anything you say, but now realise that my post was unclear.

I meant that the only way to adjust the volume, of a individual zone within a group, is via the Sonos app, or via one of the physical buttons on the *zone*.
Badge +2
(hope the question makes sense!)
nope, not really :D

Where zones are grouped:
* the Spotify app can control group volume
* you need to use the Sonos app, or physical volume buttons, to adjust volume for a single zone within the group

I'll try again ;)

I just have a one room setup, Playbar and Sub. If, for example, the Volume on the Sonos app is set at 50%, does the volume control within the Spotify app directly alter this 50%, or a different volume level within this 50%?

Thanks 😃
This one.
If, for example, the Volume on the Sonos app is set at 50%, does the volume control within the Spotify app directly alter this 50%
Badge +2
Thanks! I tried this, but Sonos was not one of the available devices

I had this problem, but something one of the guys said about an option on his phone helped me.

It says that you're prompted to log in to your sonos account when you download the update. This didn't happen for me. But it's all working now.

On a Mac:

Open your Sonos Beta app and go to the Sonos menu at the top of your screen.
Click Preferences.
In the Preferences menu go to Advanced and there should be a button asking if you want to connect to Spotify.
Click the button.
Enter your Sonos account details when prompted and Spotify Connect should start to see your speakers.

Hope that helps.

L

Thanks, make sure you send in beta feedback through the form in the first post too.

Sonos people.. PLEASE respons to this 3-4 yo post/simple request
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/volume-limit-feature-4412144/index6.html#post16057041
Any one having issue right now? Spotify doesnt have sonos in device list anymore. Will make report
Any one having issue right now? Spotify doesnt have sonos in device list anymore. Will make report

I have the samme problem, I tried to install songs and Spotify on iPhone 6s and Mac, that did not solve the problem.
the direct grouping control within the Spotify app is not working? Anyone have the same problem?
Make sure you report any problems through the official Beta feedback process by taking a screenshot, submitting a diagnostic, and/or filling out the Beta feedback form. Simply reporting it here will not get the problem to the engineers.
jgate I'm sure most people are submitting reports through the beta feedback form, but it is an informational black hole.

I for one want to hear about other people's issues 'cos I simply cannot get it to work - is it my system, or is the beta buggy? Reports from others at least lets me know a little of what's going on, which is more than we are getting from sonos.
Actually, you'd be surprised at how many people sign up for the Beta with no idea what it entails or the responsibilities therein. When dozens of people come here complaining about not having settings menus on iOS, a fact that is explained numerous times in every Beta correspondence, I highly doubt everyone knows about feedback. So a gentle reminder is warranted every once in awhile. If it does not apply to you, feel free to ignore.

As to hearing from Sonos. It's the weekend. Beta is not like regular support. You volunteer for it and that entails some compromises, one of which is lack of support in off hours. Engineers have lives too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
pteron, no it's far from just you, there are many users with the issue. My Spotify currently lists 2 Sonos devices and no grouping options. Still can't connect to any of them. Even when on the beta you'll still be advised to reboot etc.. 😞