Sonos version 7.0 is now entering Public Beta for Android, Mac and Windows PCs

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

150 replies

Folks, participation in the beta requires you go about the proper channels of submitting beta feedback. There are two ways of doing this:

1) Take a screen shot of the problem(s), submit a diagnostic, and follow the directions in the app for submitting beta feedback.

2) Fill out and submit the form here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta

Simply posting it here does not guarantee the engineers will see your problem, and it also robs them of access to valuable diagnostic and bug management tools.
I am also seeing the same issue...

Updated sonos via MAC OS Sierra.

Unable to connect via android phone or MAC post update although it does try......

Have submitted feedback via the appropriate channels
Badge
Folks, participation in the beta requires you go about the proper channels of submitting beta feedback. There are two ways of doing this:

1) Take a screen shot of the problem(s), submit a diagnostic, and follow the directions in the app for submitting beta feedback.

2) Fill out and submit the form here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta

Simply posting it here does not guarantee the engineers will see your problem, and it also robs them of access to valuable diagnostic and bug management tools.

Totally agree with the sentiment (and have dutifully logged an issue) - but are you sure you want 10+ issues logged all saying the same thing?

Totally agree with the sentiment (and have dutifully logged an issue) - but are you sure you want 10+ issues logged all saying the same thing?

It's not me who wants it, I'm not with Sonos. However, they surely want to know stats on the frequency of the issue, if only to distinguish it from a one-off that may or may not be due to a local problem vs. a systemic issue.
Badge

It's not me who wants it, I'm not with Sonos. However, they surely want to know stats on the frequency of the issue, if only to distinguish it from a one-off that may or may not be due to a local problem vs. a systemic issue.

Since most people earlier in the thread were using it successfully my guess is a dev just had a bit of a barney on the latest update!
I can confirm it isn't a Spotify connect issue either as Amazon Echo is working fine and this uses the same Connect API. It's Sonos based.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
It's pretty obvious there is something going on here (not resolved by a quick reboot) and am surprised there's been no Sonos comment so far.
It's not as though they're all busy fighting spam...
Doesn't work for me. Play 1 plus Spotify. It tries to connect, so I see the play 1, but no connection at all
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, the recommendation from jgatie is right on this one. If you're having trouble with the Spotify beta such as sitting at "connecting" or not seeing all your players please send in feedback through the beta feedback form or by taking a screenshot of the app on mobile.

The team will want to get some details from your system, such as what router you're using and will want you to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and include the number in your message.

Thanks all for reporting what you're seeing!
Badge
OK, am I missing something here. Updated my Play:3 to Beta 7. Updated my Sonos app on my Galaxy to 7. Signed into my Sonos account.

Started up Spotify.

It cant see my Sonos in the connect to devices.

Is that where it is setup?
I'm also having the "connecting" issue. Submitted feedback as requested. I guess theres some kinks in the initial release for this. glad it's coming along though makes the product more useable for when friends come round etc.
Badge
Found a setting buried under advanced settings in Sonos on my phone about allowing control from other devices.

Ticked that and Spotify can now see the Play:3

But when I click on Spotify Connect it doesn't switch over.

Stu
Having given up for now and settled down to watch the football, my play 5 suddenly starting playing. I checked my phone and for a few seconds it showed spotty connected to it.... Then it stopped again and now won't connect 🙂
Badge
I noticed that my phone was not saying "Connecting" when trying to connect.

It never does though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
I did submit a feedback. Also tried to go to page 2 of this thread to copy some text but it goes to page 1. Forum gremlins again.
Having given up for now and settled down to watch the football, my play 5 suddenly starting playing. I checked my phone and for a few seconds it showed spotty connected to it.... Then it stopped again and now won't connect :)

Had exactly the same 20 minutes ago, werid huh!
Having given up for now and settled down to watch the football, my play 5 suddenly starting playing. I checked my phone and for a few seconds it showed spotty connected to it.... Then it stopped again and now won't connect :)

Had exactly the same 20 minutes ago, werid huh!

it works now 🙂
Working for me too, after the same issues as above.
Hilarious. Bedroom one just started blaring out. Had to run up and turn it off quick before it woke the kids. Then kitchen started again. It's almost like it's playing catch up. Does seem to be getting more responsive but is hanging between play/ pause
Hilarious. Bedroom one just started blaring out. Had to run up and turn it off quick before it woke the kids. Then kitchen started again. It's almost like it's playing catch up. Does seem to be getting more responsive but is hanging between play/ pause

I think Sonos is working on it at the moment 🙂
OK - mysteriously, it now connects... after having done nothing, not even the tried & tested "Turn it off and back on again"...

Weird
Badge
Working now.

Might give it a day or two to settle down.
It keeps playing every now and then, even when all apps on all devices are closed 🙂
Yep it works now. And now is funny use spotify on sonos remotely via internet. Just turn off wifi.
So cool ! Thank you so much !