Sonos Version 6.4 Now in Public Beta

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

290 replies

Mike - I raised this omission (twice) during the beta that there is no 'Play now but do not not replace the queue' option when adding a track via an album or playlist. Bizarrely it does exactly that when adding a track via search

You can 'play next' or simply 'add to end of queue' using a long press on a track or by selecting the elipsis (...) and then go to queue itself and play the track without replacing the queue, but these things are not a single step as Mike rightly says. However there are lots of other benefits in the beta. I try to look for a glass that is 'half full', rather than it being 'half empty'.

I do like the new 'play all' and new 'shuffle all' features in each playlist and album etc.

The new software also warns me with a dialog box to either cancel or save my own edited room/speaker queue, before overwriting it with a new playlist. How good is that?

Admittedly it does not work anything like Apple Music or iTunes, but I can see plenty of benefits.

I appreciate this is beta software, so I guess we, the users, should be highlighting the things we do, or don't like, so that the Sonos developers can perhaps gauge the area of 'common ground' and release a final version of the controller software that pleases the majority. I think we should not just mention the things we don't like, but also comment on any benefits that we may see in the software.
I just downloaded the new beta download, lost my room settings and nothing the beta download was suppose to do works. Was wondering what my next step is

Are you using an iOS device? There isn't a version of the Sonos beta controller for iOS devices. The new options and all your settings are available on Android, Mac, and Windows PCs.

So if you, because of pure excitement, installed the beta and lost the room settings, your just out of luck?? I only have iOS products. I'm not about to start up my MacBook every time I want to change something in settings, which happens quite often! What to do then? And please fix the general dropout problem with the new Play 5 gen 2.
But it's not a choice, it defaults to the iTunes method and attempts to keep the queue hidden. A choice would be to default to one or the other. I personally hate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Lhc - Now you have the choice of both options
Wait, you mean you've gone the iTunes "play this song and then play a load of stuff I didn't ask for?" route? Please say you didn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Just for clarification - this is only when you have edited the queue and are wanting to play a track now from an album/playlist using the three dots
I third the Play Now function. No reason queue users should lose functionality.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Mike - I raised this omission (twice) during the beta that there is no 'Play now but do not not replace the queue' option when adding a track via an album or playlist. Bizarrely it does exactly that when adding a track via search

Thanks Nick! The team's very interested in feedback here as we've made some big changes to how music is played.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The only thing I'm missing is the ability to add one song to the end of the queue and play it immediately in one step. I don't mind if it's buried under the ... menu, but this is one function that I used regularly and will miss. Sometimes while I'm building a queue, I want to listen to a song as I add it. That function definitely helped me make sure that the song I'm adding is the one I want, especially in cases where there might be multiple versions of a song available.

Please bring back this functionality!!!

Thanks for the feedback Mike, we'll pass it on for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I just downloaded the new beta download, lost my room settings and nothing the beta download was suppose to do works. Was wondering what my next step is

Are you using an iOS device? There isn't a version of the Sonos beta controller for iOS devices. The new options and all your settings are available on Android, Mac, and Windows PCs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The only thing I'm missing is the ability to add one song to the end of the queue and play it immediately in one step. I don't mind if it's buried under the ... menu, but this is one function that I used regularly and will miss. Sometimes while I'm building a queue, I want to listen to a song as I add it. That function definitely helped me make sure that the song I'm adding is the one I want, especially in cases where there might be multiple versions of a song available.

Please bring back this functionality!!!
Badge