Sonos version 6.4.7 Now Available for Mobile

• 18 October 2016
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 12105 replies
Sonos version 6.4.7 is now available for iOS and Android devices and will work with all players and components on version 6.4 or 6.4.2. This update includes some fixes and enhancements to the controller software. There’s now an enhanced troubleshooting screen if you aren’t finding your system, and 6.4.7 also adds the ability for your app to automatically receive messages from Sonos.

We’re always looking to improve and want everyone to be informed when changes are coming or there’s something special on the horizon. Mobile controllers will now be able to get update notifications and other important messages directly through the Sonos app.

You can turn off this Sonos app messaging by logging into your account at sonos.com, selecting Profile, and clicking Edit Profile. Uncheck Send me Company Product Information in the Email Options and it will shut off messaging within the Sonos app. You can turn Sonos app messaging back on at any time by reactivating the Send Me Company Product Information in the Email Options of your Profile.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Huh, weird, my profile shows no registered products?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Your system's likely registered under the wrong email then. If you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and private message me your confirmation number I can check that for you. It might be an old email of yours.
And the SonosID on the profile page presumably doesn't match your system's in About My Sonos System either.
And the SonosID on the profile page presumably doesn't match your system's in About My Sonos System either.

Good point, never noticed that, true though.
I recently (around July) changed my email address and everything seems fine except the old email is displayed on the hardware when I view
http://{IP address of any player}:1400/support/review/accounts
Is this likely to cause problems in the future?

Cheers, Peter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Nope, that address lists your music service accounts, so one of your accounts is still linked with your old email. It doesn't show your Sonos registered email on it.
OK. Thx for the explanation. The joys of changing emails ... :D

Cheers, Peter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
"Mobile controllers will now be able to get update notifications and other important messages directly through the Sonos app."
Important messages, a good one would be, - if you update this controller will no longer work with sonos
Another one could be - bad luck you updated fool, try sonophone instead 😛
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sonos version 6.4.7 is now available for iOS and Android devices and will work with all players and components on version 6.4 or 6.4.2. This update includes some fixes and enhancements to the controller software.

I wonder what the "fixes and enhancements" are.
Sonos version 6.4.7 is now available for iOS and Android devices and will work with all players and components on version 6.4 or 6.4.2. This update includes some fixes and enhancements to the controller software.

I wonder what the "fixes and enhancements" are.

The rest of Ryan's post tells you that.
Snap Getting "contact++mozilla Firefox +1-844-836-8889" messages through the new messaging part of the app. These spammers are relentless.