Sonos Version 6.0 Available - Trueplay Tuning and more

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

100 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@Sp1ke thanks for sharing, you should post that over in the impressions thread too: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/now-playing-trueplay-your-impressions-6732709

Will do Ryan, apologies was not aware of the thread there.

Not a problem at all, you can share wherever you want to 🙂
I am having problems using true play with my iPhone it keeps saying the room is to loud even with everything off and no noise at all
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having problems using true play with my iPhone it keeps saying the room is to loud even with everything off and no noise at all

Hi Luke,

That can happen sometimes. Have you tried being close to the speaker when tuning to help mitigate some of the echo in the room? Make sure you don't have anyone talking or excessive things in your pockets making noise (such as keys or $50 worth of change).
Lol did all that it's not that it's pinging and then saying its to noisy the app listens to the room first and it won't get past that point it just says room has to much noise please reduce
Ok I figured it out !!!!! There is a animal deterrent alarm outside and the mic was picking up the low frequency noise it emits I've thrown it into the next garden as far away from the house as I can and its sorted it now works But next door may be wondering where there cat deterrent thing has gone
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ok I figured it out !!!!! There is a animal deterrent alarm outside and the mic was picking up the low frequency noise it emits I've thrown it into the next garden as far away from the house as I can and its sorted it now works But next door may be wondering where there cat deterrent thing has gone

Very interesting! Great catch.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Is it an iPhone 4s or higher?

No - it is an iPhone 4 but still runs iOS 7 which is the requirement.

In Room Settings are you not seeing a Trueplay item?

No.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I have two issues after upgrading:

- I cannot run the TruePlay procedure. It tells me my room is to noisy.
- It looks like in some cases the controller does not display title/artist/album information from the iPod that is playing from the Sonos dock. Specifically when the iPod is playing a playlist on the iPod. The title/artist/album fields stay empty. If I play the same track directy (not from within a playlist) then all information is there. With version 5.5 I did not have this issue.

I did not have much time yesterday. Hope I can investigate this further this evening.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Is it an iPhone 4s or higher?

No - it is an iPhone 4 but still runs iOS 7 which is the requirement.

In Room Settings are you not seeing a Trueplay item?

No.

It also must be an iPhone 4s or higher.
Did the tuning last night & it worked a treat. Had an issue with the kitchen in that the volume on my Play5 was too low & the iphone & speaker kept losing communication. Once I tried the bedroom Play3 & got that sorted, the kitchen was a breeze. Have noticed a significant difference in both rooms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have two issues after upgrading:

- I cannot run the TruePlay procedure. It tells me my room is to noisy.
- It looks like in some cases the controller does not display title/artist/album information from the iPod that is playing from the Sonos dock. Specifically when the iPod is playing a playlist on the iPod. The title/artist/album fields stay empty. If I play the same track directy (not from within a playlist) then all information is there. With version 5.5 I did not have this issue.

I did not have much time yesterday. Hope I can investigate this further this evening.

The phone can sometimes pick up frequencies that aren't audible to you as too noisy as they are very sensitive. Also, at times the wrong echo will cause trouble. When you have time to take a look let us know if you'd like a hand. You can always give us a call on our support line if you want to work with a technician live.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
It would be really nice to be able to select between TruePlay configurations.

What I have in mind is that the acoustic properties of three of the five rooms in which I have Sonos kit installed will vary depending on whether the curtains (drapes) are drawn or not.

In the interim should I set up with the curtains half-drawn?

NJSS
Try it both ways open and closed and see how different it sounds. Not sure you'll hear the difference.
I understood this release was also supposed to correct the interruptions in BBC radio streaming. My experience however suggests that this has actually got worse!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you have favorites delete them. Try a new fresh stream picking from TuneIn. Yes HLS is now enabled and you should have very good BBC playback. Make sure your hardware has updated to 6.0 in addition to the controller (under settings...about my sonos).
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I understood this release was also supposed to correct the interruptions in BBC radio streaming. My experience however suggests that this has actually got worse!

I agree with Chris. I used to have very, very bad BBC streams and then went onto the Beta and the HLS fix has been very good. I am quite sure you have other issues going on. If deleting the favourites and My Radio stations doesn't work then try the normal reset - Switch off router and ALL devices connected to it including all Sonos kit. Then Restart Router, then Bridge (or other SonosNet) and then the Plays/Sounbar/Sub and then all other network devices (PC etc). This will resolve any IP conflicts you may have.

Good luck
Bonjour est ce qu'a long terme Trueplay sera disponible pour des appareils autre que IOS ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Bonjour est ce qu'a long terme Trueplay sera disponible pour des appareils autre que IOS ?

We will continue to explore the use of Android devices for Trueplay tuning, but cannot confirm that it will be supported in the future. Due to Android devices having such a variety of microphones and software, even among the same model line, we couldn't ensure a reliable Android Trueplay experience.
Ryan S, I understand the issues with Trueplay, Playbar and home cinema, but I use my system for music as well and often. In room settings when you toggle the Play:1 speakers to music instead of ambient, they become much louder than the sound coming from Soundbar. My question is forgeting about cinema surround for now, why can't we simply use Trueplay to tune the Sub and Play:1s to get better sound only for music playback? It seems like if you can toggle the Play:1s to be more the focus of music playback, you would be able to separate the cinema/music functions in how Trueplay works.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hi
When a decent and graceful sleep and alarm functions will be developed?
Thank you
Camillo
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Seems off topic. Why don't you elaborate in a suggestion thread.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just because noboby replies to the suggestion thread maybe :)

An exemple ? a suggestion to select full stereo when watching TV via playbar ... Is this more complicated than trueplay ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I will ignore here then as well.
will trueplay become available on mac controllers so i can wave my iMac around the room using an extension cord?
will trueplay become available on mac controllers so i can wave my iMac around the room using an extension cord?

I highly doubt it.