Sonos Version 5.2 Now Available

• 4 December 2014
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
We're happy to announce that Sonos software version 5.2 is now leaving public beta and is fully available. This new update allows for multiple music service accounts, improves the audio quality of the PLAYBAR and adds lock screen controls for Android.

Tap the Update Now icon on your Sonos Controller to initiate the update

For the full list of features click here
For the full details on this update please see our blog: Turn Up the Holidays with Sonos 5.2

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Still disappointed that the bug causing group volume changes to unmute a player that was muted using the volume minus button has not been addressed. Maybe in 5.3?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Sad that these 2 simple issues were not addressed yet:
https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/compilation_tracks_not_searchable_by_artist
https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/show_track_artist_when_viewing_the_tracks_in_compilation_album
Like the new changes but miss the old sonos icon with the circle. Now the new one looks like many other apps especially in the notification bar. Looks like the ebay notification icon to me.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I will still continue to use SonoPad.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
This universal app is still underdeveloped for the iPad. Designed by people who don't appreciate workflow and don't have any common sense to the purpose of a tablet in a multi room multi user environment.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
This universal app is still underdeveloped for the iPad. Designed by people who don't appreciate workflow and don't have any common sense to the purpose of a tablet in a multi room multi user environment.
Man, that should be the statement written on the outside of the box it comes in...
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
It should be honorable that Sonos put the disclaimer on each product they sell and on all the 5.x updates. "Multi room tablet controller is no longer supported. Please excuse us that we can now only support a mobile version that can be used on a tablet" and "Icons on buttons on product may or may not represent their intended function"
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Use at your own risk
We have a Sonos system for use at work - we have a general work-owned Spotify account, but I've also just added my personal account. I want to be able to play music in the office speakers, but because it's my personal Spotify account, I also don't want anyone else really seeing what playlists I have or be able to edit my Spotify playlists.

Is this how the Spotify accounts work, or is my Spotify account now on display for everyone on my network to see?
What happened to Google Play "Explore" function? Disappeared from my Sonos App!

Also, all my Google Play marked Sonos Favorites don't play now.