Sonos version 10.1 Now Available - Recently Played

Show first post

102 replies

BCM,

Just to add that I’m finding a similar thing as PWT, my Windows Desktop Controller App is populating the 'recently played' on both my iOS and Android controllers... the Albums/Playlists/Artist shown at the top of the screenshot here were all just started via my Desktop App.

BCM,

Perhaps try to toggle off/on the 'recently played' feature in the mobile App “Settings/My Sonos Settings” area and then play a playlist, album etc. I did not have to close/open the iPad Controller App to refresh its screen... it just populated the 'recently played' area as I played the tracks on the DCR... just give it a few seconds to do that.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
... otherwise perhaps just switch off App software and firmware updates on all your controllers. There is some good information on how to easily do that in the 'Save the CR100' thread.

Thanks. I had a look at the cr100 thread but couldn't track down the posts about locking the updates. Have you a specific link?
... otherwise perhaps just switch off App software and firmware updates on all your controllers. There is some good information on how to easily do that in the 'Save the CR100' thread.

Thanks. I had a look at the cr100 thread but couldn't track down the posts about locking the updates. Have you a specific link?
Perhaps start with Irananka's initial post here, but there are many other suggestions that follow after that, so you may want to glance through and read the thread for yourself.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/save-the-cr100-6800510/index44.html#post16208505
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Perhaps start with Irananka's initial post here, but there are many other suggestions that follow after that, so you may want to glance through and read the thread for yourself.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/save-the-cr100-6800510/index44.html#post16208505

Thanks again. I must admit I'm still confused by the directions to switch off auto-updates. The Iranaka post specifically advises to swicth off the auto-update on the desktop app - but there isn't any option to do that !? And Sonos state that the mobile app option applies system-wide ? I forgot that I also have a Boost (I assume it also will be covered by the auto-update off setting?).
Thanks again. I must admit I'm still confused by the directions to switch off auto-updates. The Iranaka post specifically advises to swicth off the auto-update on the desktop app - but there isn't any option to do that !? And Sonos state that the mobile app option applies system-wide ? I forgot that I also have a Boost (I assume it also will be covered by the auto-update off setting?).Thats okay. As you glance through that thread, hopefully you will find the info you need and you can always perhaps ask the core-users there to maybe provide you with a helping hand. It’s not an area I’m too familiar with, but many there seemed to have been successful in switching off updates to their Sonos system for quite some time now. I personally don’t like to standstill with the hardware here, but I hope you find the answers you are looking for.?
What can I do with our Android 4.4 smartphones and tablets !
? Cannot upgrade the whole family to new devices. Is there any twick or third party app compatible ?
Thank you
The "recently played content" section is very helpful, and I look forward seeing it evolving to its full potential.

My problem: Controllers stop displaying recently played content after a few hours and apparently forget being signed in with the SONOS account. One needs to close the app and start the app to see "recently played content" again.

Currently, there are nine devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, all replacements for purged CR100 controllers) spread around the house dedicated to solely control the SONOS system.

Am I in a singular situation or is this problem known and addressed already? Thanks!
Just installed latest Android release for Controller 10.1.1 and recently played has now disappeared. Tried closing and restarting Controller and confirmed I am logged in but it has gone.
Just installed latest Android release for Controller 10.1.1 and recently played has now disappeared. Tried closing and restarting Controller and confirmed I am logged in but it has gone.

Same here on iOS
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks guys, this should be fixed. Go ahead and play some music, quit the app, and restart it. It should being back recently played.
Just installed latest Android release for Controller 10.1.1 and recently played has now disappeared. Tried closing and restarting Controller and confirmed I am logged in but it has gone.Try the Sonos App “Settings/My Sonos Settings” there’s a toggle switch in there to enable/disable the feature.
It was already toggled on for me. However starting to play music, force quitting the app then restarting restored the recently played list for me (force quit and restart alone didn’t).
I found that I had to uninstall the app, this is on Android, then re-install and sign back in, before which I had started some music playing. It was all then working OK.

Same here on iOS

Same issue for me on iOS with controller app update 10.1.1!
Just wondering if you've read any of the posts, starting with Ryan S' about an hour ago, and moving on down to the ones below his?
Badge
I’m on iOS, latest version of iOS and the controller and my Recently Played says ‘No Music History’.

Toggling the setting on and off didn’t help.

Force quitting the app didn’t help.

Occasionally it says “Loading...” and never loads any content but I don’t get any content showing in my Recently Played.
I’m on iOS, latest version of iOS and the controller and my Recently Played says ‘No Music History’.

Toggling the setting on and off didn’t help.

Force quitting the app didn’t help.

Occasionally it says “Loading...” and never loads any content but I don’t get any content showing in my Recently Played.

Start music playback prior to quitting the app.
Badge
I tried that, in that order. It still says “There’s no history. Start playing some music”
Edit: just tried the same thing on the iPad, in that order.

Same issue, it just says “No History” in both controllers.

Edit#2: it works for me only if the source is Apple Music. Plex plays aren’t showing up. Given most of my recent history would be Plex, this feature is a lot of real estate that doesn’t do much unless I’m playing from Apple Music.

Oh well at least it’s ‘working’ now.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I understand where you're coming from, and I'll pass along the frustration. Recently Played as a feature for My Sonos is only available on mobile controllers. If you'd like, I'll even include a request to the team to bring it to other platforms. However, it's important to keep in mind that some controllers won't be getting all new features. The CR200 can barely handle what it's currently doing, and the desktop controllers are being preserved for basic playback and controls, but they also aren't receiving all updates in the same way as mobile devices.

Hi Ryan, you can add my vote to the request that future features be added to desktop controllers. Some of us chose Sonos because of desktop support and I hope we can keep a full or almost-full desktop controller feature-set in the future.
I understand where you're coming from, and I'll pass along the frustration. Recently Played as a feature for My Sonos is only available on mobile controllers. If you'd like, I'll even include a request to the team to bring it to other platforms. However, it's important to keep in mind that some controllers won't be getting all new features. The CR200 can barely handle what it's currently doing, and the desktop controllers are being preserved for basic playback and controls, but they also aren't receiving all updates in the same way as mobile devices.

Hi Ryan, you can add my vote to the request that future features be added to desktop controllers. Some of us chose Sonos because of desktop support and I hope we can keep a full or almost-full desktop controller feature-set in the future.

Ditto that.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The fact that iOS 9 is no longer supported is a real pain for me; I have an oldish iPad that can't be updated (thanks Apple!) which all my guests use. When i upgraded to v10, I didn't see anything to tell me that I'd lose this compatibility. It's certainly possible that I missed it but if there is going to be a breaking change, it should be made really obvious IMO, klaxons, flashing lights etc.
Badge +1
My Eyes got as big as Google OO's when I saw the update notification. alas it was for naught... maybe next one! LOL

Google OO's should hit this week but it is only for US for now. "The rollout will begin in the US before expanding to "more markets to come over the next few months," Patrick Spence, Sonos' CEO, said in the letter."

10.1 breaks the control from the Savant Automation system.It broke the RTI Driver as well

Crestron is gone too.
Userlevel 2
Sonos version 10.1 is now available as an update for players and controllers, with some new and exciting features.

My Sonos - Now Showing Recently Played Music

With 10.1, you’ll be able to easily see and replay the music you’ve played on your system using the Sonos app. See the 40 most recent Albums, Playlists, Stations (but not individual songs) played on Sonos using the app under a new section of My Sonos called Recently Played. This is specific to your Sonos app, and doesn't show you the music started using voice control, AirPlay, or other ways to play on Sonos. Individual entries can be removed from the Recently Played section of My Sonos to assist with curation and all entries can be easily cleared from Settings as well.

To enable and manage, go to Settings > My Sonos Settings. You’ll need to sign in to your account in the Sonos App. This feature requires some activity information to be collected as outlined in an updated Sonos Privacy Statement. Recently Played can be turned off in the same My Sonos Settings.

Also new to My Sonos, add the Line-In for any Sonos components with an input (not including TV inputs). Just go to Browse > Line-In and select the three dots beside the Line-In that you want to add to My Sonos. Don’t forget that under Room Settings > Line-In settings you can also set the name of the Line-In for each device. Using unique names allows users and control partners to maintain an alphabetized list of Line-In favorites for use with home automation systems like Control4, Lutron, iPort, etc.

Improvements to Podcast Playback

There’s now a new way to skip through your podcasts. You'll find some quick skips forward and backwards for podcast content on the Now Playing page. This feature is available starting with Pocketcasts, and will be added to other podcast sources over time. The buttons will display a number on them showing how far it’ll skip.

Alexa app improvements

Within the Alexa app, voice-enabled Sonos players will now show as one device in Alexa app. This will provide an easier view of the devices in your Alexa app.

System requirements, alerts & warnings

Minimum OS requirements
  • Android 5.0 or later
  • iOS 10 or later
  • macOS 10.11 or later
  • Windows 7 or later
Operating systems iOS 9 and Android 4.4 are no longer supported by the Sonos App. Devices running iOS 9 or Android 4.4 can no longer connect to a Sonos system.

Hi Is it possible to have personalized Recently Played? I'd like to easily restart what I was last playing rather than what someone else in my household was last playing.