Sonos to Discontinue Sales of the DOCK

• 14 September 2012
  • 0 replies

Badge +3
Why is Sonos ending sales of the DOCK?
Apple announced on Sept 12th that they are changing the docking connector for iPhones and iPods. Going forward, we believe most Sonos customers will no longer seek out a DOCK with the old connector.

What is the last day of sales?
It will vary by remaining inventory availability in different regions. We will sell DOCKs until we run out of inventory. We expect this to be near October 1, 2012 in some regions and a bit later in others.

Is there an adapter I can buy to make the DOCK work with an iPhone 5 or new iPod?
Yes, Apple (and likely some 3rd party companies) will sell an adapter.

What if I have a service problem with a DOCK?
Sonos will continue to honor the 1 year warranty on all new DOCKs sold. We will process RMAs and support customers with in-warranty problems as usual.

Will my DOCK continue to work?
Yes, the DOCK will continue to work exactly as it does now through Sonos software updates for the foreseeable future.

Is Sonos going to make a new DOCK with the new Apple connector?
We do not have any plans to do so at this time.

What other options do customers have for streaming music from their iPhone or iPod on Sonos?
Customers that have a PLAY:5, CONNECT:AMP, and CONNECT can use the Smart Line-In feature to listen to music off an iPhone. Customers can use AirPlay with Sonos by using an Airport Express (http://www.sonos.com/airplay). Customers can also use a variety of Bluetooth adapters (such as the Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices) to make this connection wireless.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.