Sonos Now Playing with Alexa Groups

• 17 December 2018
  • 252 replies

Show first post

252 replies

And ever since, grouping has been a nightmare with groups breaking on a regular basis and I have to waste my time trying to fix it.
It’s only an issue, if you perhaps have device/room names that clash. My grouping here is working just fine with 19 Sonos speakers held in 11 Sonos Rooms, used/preferred together with a variety of different Alexa Enabled Groups.

Ensure you keep your device/room/group names 'unique' and it should all work just fine (hopefully).
Badge

It’s only an issue, if you perhaps have device/room names that clash. My grouping here is working just fine with 19 Sonos speakers held in 11 Sonos Rooms, used/preferred together with a variety of different Alexa Enabled Groups.

Ensure you keep your device/room/group names 'unique' and it should all work just fine (hopefully).

I tried this before and renamed everything including my NEST thermostat but it didn't work. I opened a thread on this separately a week or so ago because of the same problem and I think I'm just going to have to forget all the SONOS devices from Alexa and set it up again (which eventually worked that time although not straight away). But this is about the 4th or 5th time this year and I'm getting really fed up of having to constantly babysit SONOS and Alexa.

But good suggestion nevertheless. Thanks