Sonos 9.3 Now Available


Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
amun wrote:


Taking away our only means of checking the store free certainly didn't help matters - the only way you know where you are now is when the system fails to index new CDs. Not a very professional approach, IMHO - but what I've come to expect from Sonos.



True, I can't think of a single other device I own (eg. PC, PVR, console, phone, tablet) where storage could be an issue but there's no storage indicator. Even if Sonos are moving away from "we don't care if you rent or buy your music or both" to "we only care about streaming subscribers", right now Sonos is a system that claims to work out-of-the-box with your local library. Except for the storage limitations, of course...
Alan_6 wrote:

I can't think of a single other device I own (eg. PC, PVR, console, phone, tablet) where storage could be an issue but there's no storage indicator.


Couldn't agree more... Thankfully, no-one else seems to subscribe to the Sonos school of UI design...
Ryan, is the Play 3 no longer supported by Sonos? I have tried for 3 days to update my Play 3 and I continue to get an error. When I unplug the Play 3 the rest of my system updated fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
gwalens wrote:

Ryan, is the Play 3 no longer supported by Sonos? I have tried for 3 days to update my Play 3 and I continue to get an error. When I unplug the Play 3 the rest of my system updated fine.



The Play 3 is still supported . If you continue to struggle to update you could be having interference issues or there maybe network issues.

Firstly try a re-boot as follows:-
Switch off your Wi-Fi Router
Switch off ALL your Sonos kit
Switch off ALL devices connected to your Network
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets
- Smartphones, thick phones
- NAS

Switch on Router. Wait until it has re-connected to the internet
Switch on Sonos Bridge and/or Boost, Connect - Wait a minute or two for them to connect
Switch on your Sonos Plays and Playbar
Switch on all your other network devices


Then try updating again. If that still fails try wiring one to the router, waiting 5 minutes and then trying to update again
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
As Stuart_W said, the Play:3 is fully supported by us. If you wind up still having trouble updating it, I'd suggest that you give us a call and work with a technician.
There is also a short discussion (disclosure: started by me) of the loss of the Sonos reboot functionality in the Reddit Eero group. https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/a2vtj9/warning_if_you_update_your_sonos_players_to_93/
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
One more Sonos feature that I found handy bites the dust. Next Amazon order is going to include a couple remote power switch cords.

https://smile.amazon.com/Woods-Indoor-Extension-Remote-Switch/dp/B000KKND86/ref=sr_1_8
Sooooo.... how do I add a speaker?

Or how do I add my Bridge?

I was trying to add my Bridge through the mobile app but it insists on trying to add a BOOST instead. So I tried the Desktop app which now appears to have completely removed the ability to add a speaker or a Bridge

So how do I add my Bridge. Is this a joke??
How. The. Diddly. Could you release a desktop app that DOESN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO ADD A SPEAKER OR A BRIDGE. Oh my goodness.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Boost and Bridge are pretty much the same, try the Boost option. Remember the Bridge is long discontinued, like my Zone Players so Sonos tends to forget about us in menus and such even though we are still supported.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Stanley_4 wrote:

Boost and Bridge are pretty much the same, try the Boost option. Remember the Bridge is long discontinued, like my Zone Players so Sonos tends to forget about us in menus and such even though we are still supported.


Adding a Bridge is still explicitly present in the iOS apps: 'Settings' | 'Add a Boost or Bridge'.
Hey Sonos support.
Also here, I was unpleasantly surprised about the reboot option to have disappeared.
Please get it back. Unplugging the powercord is not handy....
Badge
Dave_Young wrote:

Hey Sonos support.
Also here, I was unpleasantly surprised about the reboot option to have disappeared.
Please get it back. Unplugging the powercord is not handy....



Totally agree. No access to unplug where they are installed. And it is not my job to help you work out why they need to be rebooted. Return the removed functionality please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
pwt wrote:

Stanley_4 wrote:

Boost and Bridge are pretty much the same, try the Boost option. Remember the Bridge is long discontinued, like my Zone Players so Sonos tends to forget about us in menus and such even though we are still supported.


Adding a Bridge is still explicitly present in the iOS apps: 'Settings' | 'Add a Boost or Bridge'.



Got a chance to check on my Android and it is there too, not sure where they were looking.

Reply

    • :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings