Sonos 8.6 - App improvements and New Windows Library Sharing

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

100 replies

Badge +3
We're looking into an issue with the update servers right now and the team is investigating it. It's intermittent, so you may update just fine, but if you keep having trouble I'd suggest you give it a little bit and try again later. Sorry for the trouble everyone. We're hard at work to find out what caused this and get it fixed.
Hey No worries here.... Full trust!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Subs updated too now, just the play 5 to go ?
Userlevel 2
Same issues - error 1101 and 30...diagnostic 1461864799 - tried on both iOS and Mac OS
Okay I was able to get the Connect:AMP to upgrade finally. Hopefully they have resolved the server issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're looking into an issue with the update servers right now and the team is investigating it. It's intermittent, so you may update just fine, but if you keep having trouble I'd suggest you give it a little bit and try again later. Sorry for the trouble everyone. We're hard at work to find out what caused this and get it fixed.
Hey No worries here.... Full trust!

Thanks! We're working on it.
Wow, first time an update has ever failed like this! No rush, I’ll wait a few for the server issues to be resolved.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Mine’s all updated now ?

Windows Sharing changes

The Sonos app for Windows will now set up a music share using HTTP for local file sharing instead of the now-deprecated SMBv1 protocol. If you’re sharing your music library with Sonos, you will need to re-set up your music share after this update is finished.

For more details on setting up a music library, take a look here.

Kudos to the team on getting this one out!
Badge
I got the same error. However, I turned my playbase off and started again - and then it worked!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Glad it's not just me. I have 12 zones (13 players). All but three failed to update on first try. It took about 8 tries to get them all done. I had one stubborn player that even then would not update but I tried again an hour later and it finally updated. I had even tried to unplug it like the doc says but it didn't help.

This is the first update I have had this issue. I figured it was a server issue.
I am still having issues updating although I see there are some success stories. Has this been properly resolved?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It's not fully resolved yet, but the errors are intermittent, so simply trying again may work, or you can wait a little and try again later. We'll post here when it's fully resolved.
Badge
Hi issue with me to - i have a lot of Sonos gear and getting Error30. Will wait for formal update from Sonos
Badge
Hi issue with me to - i have a lot of Sonos gear and getting Error30. Will wait for formal update from Sonos The Sonos update is not good.... Not your Sonos System...
Sonos People: any chance you can stop disabling settings features when you push these updates out? Several times these updates have run into issues that aren't resolved for a while, and we are all left with limitations to the systems we love/use all the time/have spent a lot of $$ on... I know it helps force folks to upgrade, but with with several misfires now, maybe add the limitations after a week or two when you know the upgrade is working. Or at least allow 'room settings' to still be accessible.
Userlevel 2
Also the 8.6 Windows setup is not installing on Windows 10 latest version / 64-bit

An SQL error about a control table is showing up, (Database: .Table control can not be found in the SQL-Query:
SELECT CONTROL.Type,x,y,Width, Height, Attributes, Propery, Ext, Contro_NExt, Help from Control where Diaglog_ =? )

the log files gives:
MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:680]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Product: Sonos Controller -- Configuratie mislukt.

MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Het product is opnieuw geconfigureerd. Productnaam: Sonos Controller. Productversie: 43.3.54020. Producttaal: 1043. Fabrikant: Sonos, Inc.. Status van geslaagd/mislukt opnieuw configureren: 1603.

MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Database string pool is corrupted.
MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
MSI (c) (B0:40) [21:45:02:696]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
Badge
It's not fully resolved yet, but the errors are intermittent, so simply trying again may work, or you can wait a little and try again later. We'll post here when it's fully resolved. The Sonos update is not good. Please guys check this before you put the update online !!
Getting the same set of errors. Is there a way to downgrade to prior release?

It seems there's been quality issues with the last few releases. Seems the lesson is: don't upgrade if you don't have to! 😞
After disconnecting all my Play5's and doing them 1 by 1 and create new rooms?! i managed to get the Play5 updated and working. Then i started to add the Play 1, also had to re-add them. Created new rooms and it shows 'update available' again..
Since then just error 30.... Tried :

- Only 1 Play1 connected.
- Wired connection.
- Without Bridge.

Nothing works...
Currently half my installation is useless/without audio..

Also people that use them for 'semi pro' use are really pissed off atm.
It's amazingly stupid that you can't use the Play1 devices because the update is fubar.

Thumbs down Sonos, i'm disappointed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It's not fully resolved yet, but the errors are intermittent, so simply trying again may work, or you can wait a little and try again later. We'll post here when it's fully resolved. The Sonos update is not good. Please guys check this before you put the update online !!
Getting the same set of errors. Is there a way to downgrade to prior release?

It seems there's been quality issues with the last few releases. Seems the lesson is: don't upgrade if you don't have to! :(

I know it doesn't help make it easier to wait, but this is a problem with the update servers themselves, not the update software. The team is working on the load issues and we'll let you know when it's been resolved. (Even if downgrading were something we did, which it isn't, the same issue would happen as other versions of the software would come from the same servers).

We're working on it and we'll let you know as soon as it's been resolved. We want to get you all back to listening to music as soon as possible too.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Is it by any chance related to authenticating the update in some way? Updates seemed to load quite quickly but evennon repeatwd retry would fail. But repeated attempts following the failiure would go through much quicker, indicating that the target players had received the payload but that the final step failed - which i assume is to do some form of registration and ‘calling home’?
Me too. Have 5 Play 1's. Two updated, remainder failed. Have tried rebooting router, rebooting speakers, ethernet connection, all to no avail. Sort it out please. Error 30 then Error 1101.
Same issue here. Playbase has not updated but 2 x play 5's have.

Update: Whatever you did chaps, my update has completed. Thanks.
545158306 diagnostics sent.
Same errors as reported above. My evening lost.
Left beta program but gather that this is affecting beta and non-beta users alike. Oh well.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
545158306 diagnostics sent.
Same errors as reported above. My evening lost.
Left beta program but gather that this is affecting beta and non-beta users alike. Oh well.

Why send diagnostics? Ryan has stated what the issue is and they are working on it. It's a server load problem.