Sonos 8.6 - App improvements and New Windows Library Sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
  • Community Manager
  • 10065 replies

Audio retune for the Playbase

The Playbase audio is getting kicked up a notch, with a refined soundstage that feels even wider. We’ve also adjusted the equalizer with smoother bass, clearer TV dialogue, and less pronounced high frequencies.

After updating to Sonos 8.6, make sure you re-run your Trueplay tuning to optimize your Playbase for the room it's in.

Windows Sharing Changes

The Sonos app for Windows will now set up a music share using HTTP for local file sharing instead of the now-deprecated SMBv1 protocol. If you’re sharing your music library with Sonos, you may need to re-set up your music share after this update is finished.

For more details on setting up a music library, take a look here.

Other App Changes

We've moved the location of the Add a new speaker button under in the More tab in the Sonos app for iOS and Android. This will make it easier to find and use to bring music to new rooms in your home.

The Sonos app now supports the Polish language.

There are also some reliability improvements and bug fixes included in this update.

System Requirements

Minimum OS requirements

• Android 4.3 or later
  • iOS 9 or later
  • macOS 10.10 or later
  • Windows 7 or later

Android 4.3 Entering Limited Support
Due to the age and technical limitations of Android 4.3, the OS version can no longer support all Sonos features. Android 4.3 devices can still browse, search and play music using the latest Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying your music services or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 4.4 or higher. See our Sonos system requirements for full details.

80 replies

Badge
keep getting error code 30 when trying to update. Initially old release notes came up. Could be that it tried to update to the old version even tho it was already on it? Now can't update to 8.6 ;/
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
cinek2 wrote:

keep getting error code 30 when trying to update. Initially old release notes came up. Could be that it tried to update to the old version even tho it was already on it? Now can't update to 8.6 ;/

Snap
Badge
now it goes straight to error 1101 ;/ really don't have time for this today....

diagnostics 88208726
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Snap
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Same chain of errors here

Diagnostic 853954581
Same errors as already described
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same
Badge
wtf sonos - quality control anyone?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I succeeded after many attempts. I’m guessing sonos update servers can’t cope ad a 5.1 system plus boost took multiple attempts to get all of them updated. Click ‘more information’ to get info.

In shoet I oowered down all devices as per info in error 1101 and then brought each room upnonenat a time. Lounge and study done. Now onto the rest!
Badge
snap :D

if only i had time to faff around like this. It should work w/o any issues just like all the other updates. Just tried again and it came back with error 30
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
It ia not a good first impression of the update that’s for sure! Hopefully the code is more stable than the process :?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Mines coming up with update to 8.5.2 now but still won’t update (or downgrade?). Leaving it for now as I’ve just had a hard time getting tv audio back on my playbar. Can’t use the Sonos for anything else at the minute as the app won’t let me do anything but attempt the update.
Error 30 here also... :(
Badge
ChrisC29 wrote:

Mines coming up with update to 8.5.2 now but still won’t update (or downgrade?). Leaving it for now as I’m just had a hard time getting tv audio back on my playbar. Can’t use the Sonos for anything else at the minute as the app won’t let me do anything but attempt the update.

click on more options and there should be an option to use the app as normal
Userlevel 2
Badge
That’s all I get?
Badge
strange, I can't get to this stage again for some reason but I had the same issue and got back to the app just fine
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
cinek2 wrote:

diagnostics 88208726

Looks like your Sub and Kitchen L are having trouble updating only, the rest seem fine. I'd suggest just unplugging those two for a few seconds each, plug them back in, and when they show up back in the app, try updating again.

ChrisC29 wrote:

Mines coming up with update to 8.5.2 now but still won’t update (or downgrade?). Leaving it for now as I’ve just had a hard time getting tv audio back on my playbar. Can’t use the Sonos for anything else at the minute as the app won’t let me do anything but attempt the update.

If it's an iOS device showing you this, where you only have the option to open the software and not update, check out the steps here.
Userlevel 2
Badge
That’s for the controller update, I’ve already updated the controller.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just done a diagnostic, number is:2026820806. Cheers.
Badge
Ryan S wrote:

cinek2 wrote:

diagnostics 88208726

Looks like your Sub and Kitchen L are having trouble updating only, the rest seem fine. I'd suggest just unplugging those two for a few seconds each, plug them back in, and when they show up back in the app, try updating again.

unplugged kitchen, plugged it back in. App still says error 30 on kitchen L
Same issues updating to 8.6 here as well. Getting error 30 on 2 of the 11. I rebooted the 2 and still getting update error. Will try again later :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We're looking into an issue with the update servers right now and the team is investigating it. It's intermittent, so you may update just fine, but if you keep having trouble I'd suggest you give it a little bit and try again later. Sorry for the trouble everyone. We're hard at work to find out what caused this and get it fixed.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah, my play 5 and sub haven’t updated. Unplugged and still won’t update.
Same here Play:1, Play:3 upgraded ok Connect:Amp fails every time.
Sent in Diagnostic 1200741514.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings