Sonos 11.1 Brings Sonos Radio

Related products: Software News
Sonos 11.1 Brings Sonos Radio

We’re proud to announce the launch of Sonos Radio, the premier radio experience on Sonos.  This is a free, ad-supported streaming radio service available to Sonos customers, offering access to an extensive assortment of music, news, live sports and more. 

Sonos Radio connects you with radio stations from around the world, with over 60,000 broadcast radio stations brought together in an easy to use interface. You can also use Sonos Radio to access radio services from our partners, such as iHeartRadio in North America, with more on the way. 

Sonos Radio features exclusive Sonos Stations, 30 genre-based stations based off of the music our owners listen to most. Get quick access to music with stations designed to complement the things you do at home, like getting ready in the morning, relaxing, working from home, cooking, and more.

Broadcasting from our Sonos Store in New York City, Sonos Sound System is the destination for music discovery and sonic inspiration. You can find Sound System along with our exclusive artist-curated stations under Sonos Presents in the app. 

Learn more here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/482

Again, I’m not seeking a technical discussion on who does what.

I just want to know if I will be able to get BBC Radio on SONOS Radio after 21 March, or not.

A simple Yes or No from SONOS will be great, thanks all.

I am heading to Nigeria for work, on 15th March.  If it’s a Yes, I will take my trusty SONOS Play 1 (note: no Airplay) with me in my suitcase.  If it’s a NO, I will leave it at home (England).

That is my simple quest for today, thank you.

Wilderbeast, maybe a bit more investigation on your part and you would find out a bit more information.

Try looking here

And the SONOS community mafia attach continues.

Hey @Wilderbeast,

The thread Iansandraward linked is definitely the best place to learn more about the changes the BBC are making to their streams. That’s the place I will be updating with any updates as and when we know more about what will happen after 22nd March. If you’re looking for a simple yes or no, that’s not something I can give with 100% certainty, since we’re still not entirely sure of how these changes are going to affect streaming BBC live content on Sonos after that date. The workaround right now is to use the Radioplayer service since that service appears to not have the automated reminder on the hour. 

The community members here are trying to help, not attack you. If you have further concerns you’re more than welcome to send me a direct message, but I would recommend subscribing to the thread above for any future updates.

James L,

Thank you.

You have confirmed that SONOS can not give a solid Yes, and therefore I will leave my SONOS speaker at home when I travel abroad in a few days time.  I will buy a bluetooth speaker - may be a Move - we’ll see what I can get in the airports during the trip (insufficient time, now, to order anything online).

Re. the attack thing - sorry, I do very much feel attacked by other community members.  I’ll sign up for the Oprah Winfrey Show.

It is nice service when it is available, but days “Sonos Radio not found”, I get ONLY ads, which is odd for a service that claims to be ad free...