Update News

Sonos 11.1 Brings Sonos Radio

Sonos 11.1 Brings Sonos Radio

Show first post

164 replies

Can I use Sonos Radio in egypt ??

Really enjoying the Encyclopedia of Brittany station… pretty eclectic. 

There’s no search within the Sonos Radio browse tab, but if you click onto the search tab and start looking for radio stations, Sonos Radio results will show up in there.

Ryan. Search does not return any Sonos Radio products for me (Sonos App on Android, all up to latest releases). I'm struggling to use Sonos Radio - BBC stations are excruciatingly awkward to find, and there doesnt seem to be a way to save them in a "MyStations" list in the player once I've been through the pain - I need to go through the pain every time I change station. Why?

How about you reply to my messages about my play base and play1 speakers not working we paid alot of money for the speakers we deserve some customer service

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi.  Is this streaming only (live content) or will catch-up (on demand programmes) also be available?

Will this replace TuneIn?

Hello,

I have a question, I’m not able to find either the curated stations, Sonos Sound System, or artist stations. All I see on the Sonos Radio service are usual internet radios and local stations. Are those Sonos stations somehow region-restricted? I live in Czech Republic. Thank you for your answer.

Settings > Services > Sonos Radio > Remove Account.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Settings > Services > Sonos Radio > Remove Account.

Thanks for the reply but Sonos Radio isn't listed in my services. Should I actually add it then remove? I hesitate to add it as I don't want to not be able to walk a change back.

Interesting. Branded with both SONOS Radio and TuneIn…  

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

There’s no search within the Sonos Radio browse tab, but if you click onto the search tab and start looking for radio stations, Sonos Radio results will show up in there.

I love spring flowers,

Can’t hurt to try, since you’ve apparently already got it listed as an available service.or, you could just wait for the next software release to see if the issue gets fixed. I’m sure that it will always be available to be ‘added’ again, no matter what the status is. 

Badge

Any idea why I’m seeing stations from Wichita as my “local” stations when I’m in the Madison, WI area? 

Any idea why I’m seeing stations from Wichita as my “local” stations when I’m in the Madison, WI area? 

Local stations are according to your zip code in your profile here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Badge

Local stations are according to your zip code in your profile here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

verified my address and still seeing wrong location.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

jgatie is correct on checking your address on the website. Was the wrong zip code in there before you checked the address? If so, check for updates in the Sonos app after changing your location. We’re looking into some potential location issues for a few locations as well, so it’s possible you’re running into that.

Badge

jgatie is correct on checking your address on the website. Was the wrong zip code in there before you checked the address? If so, check for updates in the Sonos app after changing your location. We’re looking into some potential location issues for a few locations as well, so it’s possible you’re running into that.

It was a different address but in the same market. Checked for updates, still no joy. Feel free to reach out to me separately if you’d prefer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m hoping that Sonos Radio will be more reliable than TuneIn. After numerous TuneIn outages, I’ve have to delete some local TuneIn stations and replace them with the direct stream URL.

To Sonos: are you still relying on TuneIn to supply connectivity for local stations?

Why does Sonos Radio say "Unable to play...." for every single station?? Documentation is pretty much nonexistent 

Is there a way for artists to submit music to your curators for consideration for programming on your stations?

Badge

The reason you have to create these data gouging services (so you can sell your customers data) when we already have a perfectly adequate solution TuniIn) is because we’re not buying your hardware because of your terrible privacy policy.

i spent $3000 on Sonos 5 years ago (before any information was blackmailed from me) and was perfectly happy with the product. Over the years I would have doubled that investment but for your data collection habits. I now make it my cause to discourage anyone thinking of buying Sonos on account of the controversy around your privacy policy. So far I conservatively estimate I’ve ‘sold’ $5000 worth of Apple hardware in your place.

focus on making hardware and bin your data collection infrastructure and resources

Sonos Radio fails… no audio output on pressing play and player reverts to Stop mode

Branding suggests Sonos Radio us just Tune in rebranded.. what is the point? No new features..

Reverted to using Radioplayer which works everytime.

Badge

I already needed to register my system to an e-mail address when I first started Sonos in 2013 (7 years ago) and as far as I understand, Sonos has always gathered user data.

Not so! I purchased a connect, connect AMP, soundbar, and woofer in the early part last decade as wireless speakers - not data harvesters. At some point along the route (7.0?), an email was required, I just gave a false one and continued fine. Now just to upgrade you need to remember the false email (and confirm it!). Why?

It’s impossible to use the mobile app without upgrading it with the rest of your apps every other week, and the minute you do upgrade, you have to upgrade the whole speaker system! Why?

This is all unnecessary. I run my Sonos firewalled from Sonos Inc. and it works fine with Apple Music and my local file (music) server.

And by the way, I don’t use Google/Facebook/etc, but they never asked me $5000 for their wares. We paid a premium for this hardware and they have no right to our data retrospectively. I would never buy a Sonos product again.

Badge

P.S. Tune-In DON’T collect any personal data from me. I’ve never registered or had to provide an email to use Tune-In!

I am not going to get in a "did not, did too" debate with you, there have been many threads on here where long term users have confirmed that they registered their system to an email address years ago.

The point about being able to turn off updates has been made extensively on these boards already, too, so need to get back into that.

That you don't need an account for TuneIn, does not mean you are not being tracked. If you're smart enough to firewall your Sonos, you should know that too. If a service is free, YOU are the product.

Also, Google, Amazon and Facebook are everywhere, and it is nearly impossible to block them without severely impacting your online experience.

​​​​​​Anyway, thanks for your rant, I repeat my advice of living offline if you don't want anyone collecting your data and will get back ontopic now.

Curious about this TuneIn integration... 

I don't see that changing soon. Asking GA to stream anything on Sonos works through a different mechanic than controlling Sonos with the app. This also the reason why voice control on Sonos is bound to the "single stream" restrictions from some services, whereas regular control on Sonos is not.

Google decides which radio service is used by Google Assistant, just like they decide which streaming services can be controlled by it.