Update News

Sonos 10.6 Now Available

• 11 December 2019
  • 78 replies
Sonos 10.6 Now Available

Show first post

78 replies

Hm,

in the Moment i cant manage my System with Windows Destop. In the future i cant manage the System with my actual Android. So, for me there is no chance to add sonos equiment to my System.

So - no business for sonos !

I understand that you find yourself in a frustrating position and that from your point of view it makes no practical difference who is to 'blame'.

My point is that your annoyance is misdirected. It is your phone manufacturer's decision to stop updating your phone that has put you in this position. It is exactly the choice they want you to have - buy a new phone or miss out on something.  

I assume you have checked that you have the latest OS your device supports?

Cough cough. Proper chromecast support 

10.6 will not install properly on iPhone X with latest OS. I get an error every time. I’ve restarted my phone twice, checked internet, etc. Cannot get update to install. 

10.6 will not install properly on iPhone X with latest OS. I get an error every time. I’ve restarted my phone twice, checked internet, etc. Cannot get update to install. 

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling?

Is your latest OS a beta OS? I’m running iOS 13.3 and not having an issue. 

Badge +2

10.6 broke my OSX controllers:

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/vlan-issue-on-unifi-network-after-10-6-update-on-ios-6833871/index2.html#post16384544

My Android controllers are fine. 

Please Sonos, find out what was done to cause this problem and back out this breaking change in your product.

Userlevel 2

I no longer rush to update Sonos, nor any firmware for that matter. If the system is running well enough, why risk it? I like the hardware but I really think Sonos is going the wrong way on software.

Ever since doing this 10.6 update, all of my line-in sources are coming in as compressed with a two second delay. I have even tried factory resetting and I have the same results. Can someone please tell me if they are having the same problem? Thanks.

I have the problem similar to your case since it was upgraded to version 10.6, For 4 years I had no problems I have two play 5, I think the problem is firmware 10.6 is too lag

Regarding 10.6 Update with included but not enjoyable DELAY!   While waiting for an update fix, is it possible to revert back one version. It’s really tough watching TV with a 3 second delay…

and...this is using a Play 5…

Userlevel 1

Regarding 10.6 Update with included but not enjoyable DELAY!   While waiting for an update fix, is it possible to revert back one version. It’s really tough watching TV with a 3 second delay…

Why is it taking so long to fix this? It’s been like a month of not being able to use Sonos. How ridiculous, yet every day I get another email advertising for me to buy more speakers. Very disappointing. You’ve had enough time to remedy this, Sonos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Why is it taking so long to fix this? It’s been like a month of not being able to use Sonos. How ridiculous, yet every day I get another email advertising for me to buy more speakers. Very disappointing. You’ve had enough time to remedy this, Sonos!

The team is working on it right now. I think one of the main threads on the issue is here, and I’ll be sure to update that thread when the issue is resolved. 

Just got a build update today. Version stayed at 10.6.1 though. What has changed?

would be so much better if the app showed the release notes, preferably before you press update... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hey Nozuka, today’s update is pretty minor, just a few fixes for some bugs. The most notable is an improvement to a grouping playback issue with home theater devices, the main thread on it is here. 10.6.1 doesn’t have changes to the line-in delay issue mentioned a few posts up, but the team is working on that one as well.

Hey @Edward R any word on what was changed in 10.6.1 today? I’ve been struggling with a Spotify volume issue and i think this might have fixed it. Can you confirm?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @RumorConsumer, I can answer for Edward. This update doesn’t have anything specific to Spotify volumes that I’m aware of, but if you can describe the issue you’re seeing in some more detail I can certainly look into it. There was an issue with Spotify volumes changing unexpectedly which was resolved back in November, so I doubt that’s what you’re seeing at this point. 

I dont have bluetooth on my tablet, howto add a new speaker?

I dont have bluetooth on my tablet, howto add a new speaker?

You don’t need bluetooth on your device.  Certain speakers use a type of Bluetooth (BLE) for set up and this tech is on the SPEAKER.

Badge

@Ryan S 

Just updated *working* win10 app (in app “Update now option” and Windows controller is now broken (ie starts and crashes); uninstalled and installed from scratch - yup, still crashes- (Android and iOS controllers still work fine). Soooo, whatever the update was, roll it back… and no, don’t expect that it can be updated from the app, it will have to be uninstall/install as app does not stay on much longer than painting the canvas before crashing….

Faulting application name: Sonos.exe, version: 6.0.0.34230, time stamp: 0x453d4bd8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.535, time stamp: 0x5bd9df62
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001135d2
Faulting process id: 0x54c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c678919138af
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos\Sonos.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 8c19a5f9-cc85-4e0a-94f2-04dd1ad890e4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Have you tried to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

It’s unlikely that any of us in the community have access to the source code in order to interpret this error for you.

Badge

Thanks Bruce - I know… I will get the case opened with support. In the meantime, thought to let ppl know that update crashes win 10 app - so if you depend on it, don’t update… also, tagged Ryan just now. best, nrr

I’m mildly concerned that this is just an issue on your machine, since there haven’t been any other posts by windows users with this issue on the forum today. But support will probably be able to tell much more than I can, just from perusing posts. Good luck!

W10 user here with no issue. No comfort to @Nash_R I know,  but given how long 10.6 has been out we would know by now if there was a general problem  

No problems on Win10 either. Its my primary controller. Nash… Press WinKey + R and type in msconfig and press enter. On the Startup tab, uncheck everything and click OK. Reboot your computer and then see if Sonos starts. If so it is a software conflict with another running app, which you just disabled. The fun comes in trying to figure out which one. At this point you can re-enable them one at a time and reboot after each, trying Sonos. Or you can just leave it as is if your system is running normal.

Another option before all that is try disabling your antivirus and see if Sonos starts.