Software News

Sonos 10.4 Now Available: Updated Settings Menu

• 10 September 2019
  • 47 replies

Show first post

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi southern gal, have you tried going into Settings and turning off Recently Played. Closing the app, then opening it up again and turning Recently Played on? If you do that, then try playing some things with the app and see if it loads up again.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Kirk, sorry if it seemed that way, I've responded to a few other threads asking about the Alarms. I've made sure to pass along the feedback from the community to the team for people asking for easier access to the Alarms. Thanks for reaching out!
I doesn't "seem that way". It's a fact. There were 4 posts in a row about alarms, then 1 post about Apple Music. You responded almost immediately and addressed ONLY the Apple Music post, everything else was completely ignored. Are you hoping that if you keep ignoring it we'll just go away?

I didn't even realize there are a few other threads on this. What a mess
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kirk, sorry if it seemed that way, I've responded to a few other threads asking about the Alarms. I've made sure to pass along the feedback from the community to the team for people asking for easier access to the Alarms. Thanks for reaching out!I doesn't "seem that way". It's a fact. There were 4 posts in a row about alarms, then 1 post about Apple Music. You responded almost immediately and addressed ONLY the Apple Music post, everything else was completely ignored. Are you hoping that if you keep ignoring it we'll just go away?

I didn't even realize there are a few other threads on this. What a mess

@Kirk33 You actually used the word 'seems' when first mentioning the fact that Ryan hadn't responded. I got the impression Ryan was just using your words, not trying to minimize your point.

As far as their being other threads, this is quite common. People often would rather just create a new thread rather than search for where the topic is already being discussed. Some also feel that having several topics about the same issue will draw more attention to the issue and push for more of a response from Sonos, so will knowingly create a duplicate topic.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@Kirk33 You actually used the word 'seems' when first mentioning the fact that Ryan hadn't responded. I got the impression Ryan was just using your words, not trying to minimize your point. As far as their being other threads, this is quite common. People often would rather just create a new thread rather than search for where the topic is already being discussed. Some also feel that having several topics about the same issue will draw more attention to the issue and push for more of a response from Sonos, so will knowingly create a duplicate topic.
Fair point if he was echoing my words. Indeed, I was trying to be diplomatic in my wording rather than flat out stating the fact that Ryan had responded to exactly zero posts on the topic, despite having addressed virtually every post not on the topic. Next time I will try to be more blunt in my wording.

As for people creating duplicate threads in an effort to get the issue noticed. Well maybe if the first thread wasn't being completely ignored then people wouldn't feel the need to do that and we'd have a better forum all around.
The other option is always " I have information that I can share about this question right now, but the other one I'm still doing research on" as a possibility.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hi southern gal, have you tried going into Settings and turning off Recently Played. Closing the app, then opening it up again and turning Recently Played on? If you do that, then try playing some things with the app and see if it loads up again.

hmm I thought i had. but i will try again. have to do it at home tonight and then i will report back. thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks Ryan. Is there anyway we could get a shortcut to alarms? My schedule is different everyday so I have to adjust my alarm everyday. I have a lot of Sonos speakers, which means that the Alarms page is really buried now: Settings - System - scroll, scroll, scroll - Alarms.

Sure wish it could be easier to get to. Probably dreaming, but I'd love to be able to customize the bottom navigation bar and put a shortcut to Alarms right there, or something along those lines.

I totally agree, it was already too many clicks to get to the alarms and now it’s even more. I’d love a more prominent short cut
nice update
but still no option to adjust the level setting of surround left and surround right separately in surround volume panel when you're not middle centered between them.
Why oh why did you bury the Alarm feature two levels down at the bottom of a menu. This makes no sense from a menu structure standpoint. Using the Alarm feature is a function not a setting, just like selecting the music source is a function not a setting. Since you probably don’t want to dedicate a menu key to Alarms, than at least move it up a level in the setting menu or into the My Sonos menu.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is no place to turn off Recently Played. But this is what worked
MY SONOS
click on EDIT
then move one item up and back to original place
then save
Now Recently Played has a little box SIGN IN [i am signed into the app]
so I signed out and then back in
and now Recently Played is showing my recent items.

wierd. but its working ... will keep track to see if it stops again.
I too miss the "Start a Station" feature. I found it a tremendous way to play a good variety of mood-based music, with the bonus of often finding new material. Please can it be brought back soon?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
This new version on my iPad is ignoring the fact that I have the ‘Confirm Location’ option turned off and have always had it turned off. It’s now prompting me where I want to play if I don’t use it for a day or 2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The line-in settings issues is currently being worked on. I'll let you know when it's been resolved, but it'll be in a software update in the future.

How come this still isn't fixed? This is a serious regression, and I'd expect greater urgency in addressing it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The line-in settings issues is currently being worked on. I'll let you know when it's been resolved, but it'll be in a software update in the future.How come this still isn't fixed? This is a serious regression, and I'd expect greater urgency in addressing it.

@pwt, with the update today, 10.4.2, this should be resolved. Stereo pairs with line-in on both sides should now show settings for both under Settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The line-in settings issues is currently being worked on. I'll let you know when it's been resolved, but it'll be in a software update in the future.How come this still isn't fixed? This is a serious regression, and I'd expect greater urgency in addressing it.
@pwt, with the update today, 10.4.2, this should be resolved. Stereo pairs with line-in on both sides should now show settings for both under Settings.

Confirmed. Thanks for the heads up, @Ryan S.
cannot set My Music with Alarms anymore. The option to have Alarms play My Music was removed. Oversight? Or deliberate? This is bad. Would like to wake up to My Music, not Spotify or other options.
Has the battery and background hog usage been resolved yet?
I too miss the "Start a Station" feature. I found it a tremendous way to play a good variety of mood-based music, with the bonus of often finding new material. Please can it be brought back soon?

Functionality restored with 10.4.2 - thank you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Following this software update, still not the crossfade when listening music from the Spotify app... I'm very disappointed...

On my pixel 3 with Android 10, the alarm screen is definitely broken. When my alarm goes off, on my older phones that have older versions of Android (like my Galaxy S8 for example) I get a full screen notification allowing me to snooze or turn the alarm off. On my Android 10 pixel 3, when my alarms go off I have to unlock the phone, hope that there is a notification for it in the notification shade and also hope that the notification will give me the option to "turn off" or snooze. Sometimes there just is no notification. Sometimes the notification doesn't give you the option to snooze because the Sonos app "thinks" the alarm sound is an actual song called "alarm" and it only allows you to pause it or adjust it's volume. I've been putting up with this since the latest major update when the menu settings changed. My phone has been factory reset twice. The app has been freshly installed several times and it's definitely the app thats broken because my wife's pixel 3a on Android 10 does the same thing. All my devices on versions of Android earlier than 10 are all fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You are aware we are now on 10.5.  Have you upgraded as this may sort the issue.

You are aware we are now on 10.5.  Have you upgraded as this may sort the issue.

Wow. I was actually up late at night typing out my message since I couldn't sleep. Literally 2 minutes after I typed it, my Sonos started blinking orange lighting up my entire living room (it was night with the lights off in my home and I normally keep the LED s off). Thinking my Sonos went offline, I checked the app and it said to not unplug my Sonos as it was updating. Finally fell asleep and I wake up to, lo and behold, a full screen alarm notification. Wow, what are the odds? Lol. The Sonos Gods have answered. Can't wait to see what other fixes were implemented.