Update News

Sonos 10.3 Now Available

• 9 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11627 replies
Sonos version 10.3 is now available for Sonos players and software bringing bug fixes and stability improvements.

For this update, we’ve developed a deeper integration for a more seamless setup experience on the Control4 platform. The new integration enables a customer’s Sonos speakers to be automatically discovered and configured into their Control4 system.

Also, 10.3 brings a few changes to Podcast playback with Pocket Casts, making it easier to resume a podcast.

To update, go to More > Settings > Software Updates, or click the Update Now button if it appears on your controller. You can also set up automatic software updates to install as they become available, so your system is up to date when you go to use it any time.

You can also find our most recently release notes on our article ‘Release Notes for Sonos Software’.

8 replies

But does this update fix the bad dialogue audio while watching a movie/TV show through the playbar with play 1 surround speakers, that many users are complaining about?
If not you really need to sort this out as you are getting a very bad reputation within forums etc. Which will cause lost sales
But does this update fix the bad dialogue audio while watching a movie/TV show through the playbar with play 1 surround speakers, that many users are complaining about?
If not you really need to sort this out as you are getting a very bad reputation within forums etc. Which will cause lost sales

Do you have Speech Enhancement enabled? This helps a lot.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1948?language=en

See also Changing the surround settings

Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > Room Settings. Select the room the home theater speakers and surround speakers are located in. It appears as Room (+LS+RS) on the Room Settings menu. Select Advanced Audio > Surround Settings. TV Level: Drag your finger across the slider to increase or decrease the volume of the surround speakers for TV playback.
Yes, have tried speech enhancement, night mode etc, only helps slightly, Sonos needs to make a function so that dialogue comes out of all the speakers in Mono, or have a feature to adjust dialogue volume on surround speakers,
It might be valuable to confirm that your PLAYBAR is receiving a Dolby Digital signal by looking in the “About my Sonos System” report. There have been many concerns similar to yours that have been as a result of the device receiving a stereo signal, and not a true Dolby Digital one, which allows the voice enhancement feature to work more effectively.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

This update doesn't have anything in it related to audio dialogue. However, I'd like to know more about what you're talking about. Is there something in particular that "sounds bad" or even a link to the forums you're talking about? I do see one thread you posted on where you mentioned something blow, but if you have another issue in mind, I'm happy to share more with the team.

Speaking personally, I have a Playbar with surround Ones that sounds amazing with any music or TV that I'm watching.

Sonos needs to make a function so that dialogue comes out of all the speakers in Mono, or have a feature to adjust dialogue volume on surround speakers,

If this is what you're referring to, it's something entirely different. Surround speakers aren't intended to mimic the same audio that plays out of the front channels. Surrounds should be playing ambient and "off screen" audio. Most dialogue is meant to be coming from the front channels. News broadcasts or sports shows are most likely to have much of their audio content played out of the front channels, even if the audio source is Dolby Digital.

The request does come up from time to time to have a mimic or full audio out of the surrounds feature, which I'll add your interest to if you'd like.
Sonos 10.3 update disabled my system. Unable to utilize system. Tech support was worthless. Basically," oh well, try resetting router and "get closer to router". Really? Sonos, please!

Does anyone have a fix? Error code 1013. Horrible.
Sonos 10.3 update disabled my system. Unable to utilize system. Tech support was worthless. Basically," oh well, try resetting router and "get closer to router". Really? Sonos, please!

Does anyone have a fix? Error code 1013. Horrible.

Have you read the FAQ? 99.999% of update issues are due to network issues, not Sonos.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2382#1013
It appears to broken our already existing Control4 + Sonos integration. When we reboot our rack (internet/waps/control4/touchscreens/receivers/content boxes) we’re unable to adjust Sonos volume via Control4. It requires us to recycle the power on the soundbar to resolve.