Sonos 10.0 is Now Available

Show first post

145 replies

pwt wrote:

It’s possible there are significant non-user-facing changes ‘under the hood’.

Perhaps support for the S18?
Badge
Hope they patch this again quickly. My entire sonos group is broken after this stupid update. Was working fine before and now music is cutting out constantly and half the speakers disconnect from the group and won't rejoin.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
bs_42 wrote:

Hope they patch this again quickly. My entire sonos group is broken after this stupid update. Was working fine before and now music is cutting out constantly and half the speakers disconnect from the group and won't rejoin.

Sounds like a little network mayhem caused by the reboots. It happens sometimes and our support team is happy to assist. If you want to troubleshoot a little yourself, I'd recommend to start with rebooting the wireless router, leave it unplugged for 15 seconds or so, then reboot your other networked devices, including your Sonos players. Once everything has rebooted, you should be able to play music again without any trouble. If anything is still happening, feel free to contact the team directly and they can help.
bs_42 wrote:

This really is likely to be a local issue. My Sonos system and also three members of my family, have today all updated our speakers and software with no issues whatsoever and the same goes for all Sonos updates during the past couple of years, or so.

If this keeps happening to you at almost every Sonos update, I would, at the very least, (if you have not done it already) add your Sonos device IP addresses to your DHCP Servers Reservation Table and see if that resolves your problem, or perhaps take a closer look at your LAN hardware and the environment in which your system is operating.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
jgatie wrote:

Misfit wrote:

No update for Google Assistant?

I'm pretty sure if Google Assistant functionality were in this release, it would be listed front and center.

I'm aware. Just eagerly awaiting it.
Not really important but several Sonos controllers (all on 9.3. all Apple) told me I was going to update to 9.3 when they were in fact updating to 10.0. Looks like someone forgot to change a string.
Don't take this upgrade to 10.0 It has brought my home network down all day !!! I troubleshot ISP, modem, router and spent hours trying to resolve. It wasn't until I disconnected SONOS Connect AMP that is plugged into my router ethernet to provide the SONOSNET attachment. 10.0 is mostly likely the problem as I disconnect that ethernet connection and network works fine; attach that Connect Amp and network connectivity for all devices are impacted
The fact that the wait line for phone tech support is a hour or more, it's obvious that I'm not the only one noticing an issue
Odd. I downloaded it this morning, in about 3 minutes, applied it to the 17 Sonos devices I have, and have had no issue listening all day.
Bug: shutting of the chime sound does not work on stereo pairs of Sonos One.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Windcr8zy wrote:

yes this is happening to me as well when in stereo pair. the chime is still on even though i turned it off in the settings
Dom1da wrote:

Windcr8zy wrote:

yes this is happening to me as well when in stereo pair. the chime is still on even though i turned it off in the settings

1) Separate the stereo pair
2) Turn off the chime on both ONEs
3) Re-create the stereo pair
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Smilja wrote:

Dom1da wrote:

Windcr8zy wrote:

thank you very much that worked followed instructions as you said
Userlevel 3
Badge +10
Ryan S wrote:

Minimum OS requirements

• Android 5.0 or later
  • iOS 10 or later
  • macOS 10.11 or later
  • Windows 7 or later
Operating systems iOS 9 and Android 4.x are partially supported by the Sonos App and can't update to 10.0. Devices running iOS 9 or Android 4.x can still browse, search and play music using this version of the Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying music services, or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 5.0 or higher, or iOS 10 or higher.

Sonos still need to work on those "minimum requirements", due to the subtle differences between the requirements for running the software, and the requirements for "running a Sonos system". Something like:
Minimum requirements for Sonos app (music player) - Android 5.0, iOS 10, MacOS 10.11, Windows 7
Minimum requirements for Sonos system setup and operation - Android 5.0, iOS 10

It's interesting how these requirements dismiss critical features (setup) as "less common". Still, the main support page release notes only go as far as 9.3. I'm sure that the public-facing v10 release notes will be clearer.

Look, we all get that Sonos develop and support controller applications for multiple platforms, and have had to make tough decisions about which features are supported in which controllers. But Sonos should be very clear about the difference between "fully" and "partially"-supported controllers. If you can't turn your new Sonos speaker from an expensive shiny brick into a device that plays music without the use of a mobile app, don't pretend that Windows and mobile controllers are somehow equivalent.
Is there any planned update around the issue when using a turntable as line in (via a connect ZP90) that unless "compressed" is selected, I am getting speakers dropping out. I do not want compressed audio.
Just updated the controller on both of my PCs and very rudely without any warning at the end of installation, Windows 10 shuts down and reboots. Anyone else experienced this? While I cannot understand why a reboot would be required, it should be done with user interaction especially when your in the middle of something and then loose work.
Smilja wrote:

Thanks Smilja, that fixes it. 👍
contracts34 wrote:

Is there any planned update around the issue when using a turntable as line in (via a connect ZP90) that unless "compressed" is selected, I am getting speakers dropping out. I do not want compressed audio.

Is this whilst running 'exclusively' on SonosNet, or you using your WiFi? If it’s the latter I would try switching connection and/or changing WiFi channel, and moving your other wireless devices to the 5ghz band, where possible, and see if that then resolves things so that the audio compression is perhaps no longer necessary.
Dom1da wrote:

Smilja wrote:

Dom1da wrote:

Windcr8zy wrote:

thank you very much that worked followed instructions as you said

Ken_Griffiths wrote:

Smilja wrote:

Thanks Smilja, that fixes it. 👍

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :D
Before this update all 14 Sonos devices in my home worked like a charm, now only 3 show up?! I’ve tried cycling power, rebooting router, turning phones on and off. Occasionally the controller sees a couple more devices (5 of 14), but then drops back to 3. Controller is updated to latest version.
dtyler10 wrote:

Before this update all 14 Sonos devices in my home worked like a charm, now only 3 show up?! I’ve tried cycling power, rebooting router, turning phones on and off. Occasionally the controller sees a couple more devices (5 of 14), but then drops back to 3. Controller is updated to latest version.

Is your Sonos system running over WiFi? Do you have any Wireless Range Extenders oder Powerline Adapters in use?
Badge +1
Ryan S wrote:

Trueplay support for new iOS devices

With Sonos 10.0, Trueplay is enabled on 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models running the latest iOS versions. Check out our page here for full details on Trueplay and Sonos.

Would be nice if Sonos realised that not everyone uses iOS. I understand you can't support every android phone, but you could support the flagship devices - I'm a software dev and I'm not buying that you couldn't just pick the 5 or so Android flagships and get them calibrated to work with TruePlay. My Pixel 3 is just as good as an iPhone XS, but because I haven't got an iDevice I can't get the full effect out of my sonos speakers I've spent hundreds on.
britcowboy wrote:

Would be nice if Sonos realised that not everyone uses iOS. I understand you can't support every android phone, but you could support the flagship devices - I'm a software dev and I'm not buying that you couldn't just pick the 5 or so Android flagships and get them calibrated to work with TruePlay. My Pixel 3 is just as good as an iPhone XS, but because I haven't got an iDevice I can't get the full effect out of my sonos speakers I've spent hundreds on.

Not everyone owns a 'Flagship' (aka fancy Samsung phone), so there might be countless customers out there feeling duped / second-class customers if Sonos would indeed provide Trueplay for 'upper-class' flagship devices.
Ken_Griffiths wrote:

contracts34 wrote:

Is this whilst running 'exclusively' on SonosNet, or you using your WiFi? If it’s the latter I would try switching connection and/or changing WiFi channel, and moving your other wireless devices to the 5ghz band, where possible, and see if that then resolves things so that the audio compression is perhaps no longer necessary.

Hi Ken. I have tried both but currently running on SonosNet. If you look at previous Sonos responses, that is the only thing they suggest, which to my mind is not a solution, just a work around. Compressed audio is not as good and a small but annoying downside is, if I lift the stylus at any point, the sound out continues for a couple of seconds. I feel that having invested £0000's in my system, I should not have to compromise the sound for functionality.
I was hoping for option to control the audio dynamic range on a Beam as my TV does not have an option when playing 5.1 audio Therefore I have to keep turning volume down when there is big action scenes or music in films.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings