Sonos 10.0 is Now Available

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11544 replies
Available today, Sonos version 10.0 brings performance and reliability improvements for Sonos systems around the world.  

Sonos systems that have automatic updates enabled will update to this version at the time selected. However, apps and computer software may need to be updated to match.

Alexa Voice Improvements

You can now turn off the chime sound on Sonos One and Sonos Beam when the voice control turns on. This is in the Sonos room settings using a mobile controller.

Trueplay support for new iOS devices

With Sonos 10.0, Trueplay is enabled on 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models running the latest iOS versions. Check out our page here for full details on Trueplay and Sonos.

System requirements, alerts & warnings

Minimum OS requirements
  • Android 5.0 or later
  • iOS 10 or later
  • macOS 10.11 or later
  • Windows 7 or later
Operating systems iOS 9 and Android 4.x are partially supported by the Sonos App and can't update to 10.0. Devices running iOS 9 or Android 4.x can still browse, search and play music using this version of the Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying music services, or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 5.0 or higher, or iOS 10 or higher.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

156 replies

Badge +3
Has any work been done on the lip/audio sync issues with some TV’s and and the Beam?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Has any work been done on the lip/audio sync issues with some TV’s and and the Beam?
We're always happy to look into that sort of issue. When I've seen it, it's often a result of some settings on the TV and how they relate to the audio pipeline getting delayed. For example, ClearAudio+ one some Sony TVs can add a delay when you're watching certain content, the audio goes through those adjustments before being sent to the Beam (or anything else on the HDMI port) and it causes the audio to be a little behind. If you're having this sort of trouble, I'd recommend that you contact our support team directly and get some help looking into it.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Finally! You can turn off the Alexa wake word chime. This is huge for me!!
Any idea when the audio actions in Alexa routines will be fixed? Tired of the "audio actions in routines is not supported on this device" message
Userlevel 2
Badge
Aww nuts. Was hoping Apple Music would finally be supported by Alexa-enabled Sonos devices (with voice)...and that routines would stop giving the error message (after all, they do still play).
Aww nuts. Was hoping Apple Music would finally be supported by device...and that routines would stop giving the error message (after all, they do still play).
What do you mean, without a Family subscription? It's on Apple to unlock such a functionality.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Aww nuts. Was hoping Apple Music would finally be supported by device...and that routines would stop giving the error message (after all, they do still play).
What do you mean, without a Family subscription? It's on Apple to unlock such a functionality.

Huh? I didn't say anything about a family subscription...

Right now you can AirPlay Apple Music to Sonos speakers, but you can't tell Alexa to play it. However, Alexa does support this on their own devices... Amazon has said it's coming "soon" to third party devices like Sonos.

How are we supposed to know that you are talking about Alexa?
Userlevel 2
Badge

How are we supposed to know that you are talking about Alexa?

I believe for whatever reason, some of my initial post got cut off. Should've said "Was hoping Apple Music would finally be supported by Alexa Sonos devices"
Finally! You can turn off the Alexa wake word chime. This is huge for me!!Yes indeed! ...Thanks very much Sonos, really appreciate that new feature. ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
No update for Google Assistant?

I'm pretty sure if Google Assistant functionality were in this release, it would be listed front and center.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I'm pretty sure if Google Assistant functionality were in this release, it would be listed front and center.

Correct, and correct. We'll be sure to make that announcement loud when it's ready. No news just yet to share.
Changelog reads like a interim 9.4 update.
Userlevel 1
I wish flagship Android phones like the Pixels could get some of the Trueplay love as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Why a major release for 2 little features?
Are people calling this a "major release" simply because of the number? If so, I suggest you ignore the number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I think I might be the only person here who's thinking about leaving the chime (bong) on.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Are people calling this a "major release" simply because of the number? If so, I suggest you ignore the number.

This is a well known universal convention and best practice in software development...

Semantic Versioning 2.0.0

Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:

MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.

https://semver.org/#semantic-versioning-200
Yeah, I know.

But Sonos has been known to veer from this convention before, which is why I say ignore the number.
Userlevel 2
Badge
But Sonos has been known to veer from this convention before, which is why I say ignore the number.

Sadly, this is something I would have thought would have changed when the went to a public company. I too am disappointed they choose to use v10.0 - Thats just a standout major version number they could have leveraged but instead it was squandered.
First.World.Problem. :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It’s possible there are significant non-user-facing changes ‘under the hood’.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yeah, I know.

From what I've seen a lot of companies don't really follow this convention. It's also worth noting that there may actually be significant changes in this release that are currently 'dormant' to be activated at a later date. In other words it may be major to Sonos but not so major to their customers.
My iOS lock screen widget came back and is working!