Answered

Service restored - Deezer available again

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Community Manager
  • 11023 replies
We've identified that Deezer's service on Sonos is currently experiencing technical trouble and Deezer is working to resolve the issue. Until then, we have temporarily removed Deezer from Sonos. We will restore the service as soon as possible.

Please visit our status page for the most up to date information.

While the service is disabled, you'll be unable to browse or play music on Sonos with Deezer.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 3 March 2019, 20:18

Hi everyone, this Deezer outage should now be resolved. systems will be automatically receiving what's needed and to update quicker, you can force the refresh by checking for updates in the Sonos controller.

You also may be prompted to reauthorize your Deezer account, after which you'll will have full Deezer functionality.

Thanks for your patience.
View original

80 replies

Any idea when this is coming back on. Deezer is a major part of my Sonos use
Userlevel 1
When will this be resolved please - it is getting frustrating
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Been a while now, hopefully resolved asap. I actually logged in today due to this issue. Updated to 10.0 but that can't have been the issue..
I don’t think Deezer is aware of this issue. Generally these sorts of things are sorted within hours and not days as it’s taking now.
I don’t think Deezer is aware of this issue.https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001089898-Deezer-not-available-on-Sonos-Update-

It could be that something broke as a result of:
https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001087778-Deezer-reauthorization-in-Sonos-app
Hard to believe someone is working on this issue and it isn't resolved after more than 20 hours. It clearly seems Sonos doesn't really care about Deezer users and vice versa.
If you have Deezer installed as an app on your iPhone, you can play music as per normal via the app, and then push it to the Sonos speakers via the audio settings.
Same problem....
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Can you please clarify if this is a Sonos problem or Deezer? I use Deezer a lot on Sonos and as this is a subscription service I expect it to work reliably. Can you provide an estimated fix time? It would also be good to know what caused the problem and what is being done to prevent it happening again. Feedback from Sonos would be useful here.
20 hours is unacceptable in this day and age.

Similarly for the lack of updates.

Ant news Sonos?
Deezer itself works fine, but not on SONOS.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Particularly annoying at the weekend. I have guests, want to play music. Sonos, you should be refunding Deezer monthly subscription here if this is down to you. No official progress update since I totally report is just not good enough.
Particularly annoying at the weekend. I have guests, want to play music. Sonos, you should be refunding Deezer monthly subscription here if this is down to you. No official progress update since I totally report is just not good enough.
You shoud have read the thread, before posting...

I don’t think Deezer is aware of this issue.https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001089898-Deezer-not-available-on-Sonos-Update-

It could be that something broke as a result of:
https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001087778-Deezer-reauthorization-in-Sonos-app
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Not sure hat you are referring to? There is no further update from Sonos and the cause of the outage is unclear. I was asked to reauthorize my Sonos/Deezer account on Friday, did so, and was happily streaming from Deezer.
Userlevel 1
its just not great. there are other options for sure but that’s not the point. the lack of updates is pretty poor - no one working on a Sunday maybe? agree that a gesture is needed e.g a refund of subs.

It's been down less than a day. At $10/month, it will cost more to mail the check than the $0.33 you get refunded.
Not sure hat you are referring to? There is no further update from Sonos and the cause of the outage is unclear. I was asked to reauthorize my Sonos/Deezer account on Friday, did so, and was happily streaming from Deezer.

Deezer's new sign up/sign in method introduced a severe glitch, obviously.

Due to a new sign up/sign in method, customers have contacted us regarding their Sonos system with Deezer not working normally. The two reports we've received are linked to re authorisation and changing the language on their Sonos app

If you are experiencing any of these, please do the following:

-Reinstall your Sonos app

Note: The language is always the one from your phone
THE OUTAGE IS RESOLVED

https://status.sonos.com/
Not in the UK it’s not resolved. Reinstalled Sonos app on iphone went to reauthorize Deezer and just get error Please check your internet connection. Select back and try to authorise your account again. Obliviously no problem with my internet connect other music services work! Also there is no back button only cancel or done. Please advise.

30 minutes later and now working. Thank you to those at Sonos who have been working on fixing this over the weekend.
Download the PC/Mac Controller from here, go to 'Manage --> Service Settings' and re-authorise Deezer. If that does not help, remove Deezer and re-add it from the 'Add Music Service' tab. Hope this will do the trick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi everyone, this Deezer outage should now be resolved. systems will be automatically receiving what's needed and to update quicker, you can force the refresh by checking for updates in the Sonos controller.

You also may be prompted to reauthorize your Deezer account, after which you'll will have full Deezer functionality.

Thanks for your patience.
I just reinstalled Sonos and Deezer on my iPad. All seems to work now but all my Deezer playlists have been lost. More worryingly though, they have been replaced with someone else’s. Frankly it is really concerning that somehow I am logged in to my Deezer account but seeing someone else’s. Apart from the inconvenience I am now more worried from a security perspective. Please explain how this can be and how it will be resolved.
I got straight back in, but my playlists weren't mine, reauthenticated (even though I wasn't prompted to) and my playlist are back. Only odd thing is my history, a mixture of stuff I have played and some French tracks
Also meant to add that when I log into Deezer app directly my playlists are there, so this is definitely a Sonos issue. Gives this and the response I received last week with respect to a reported faulty speaker, my opinion of Sonos and its care for its customers has been severely impacted. It appears that Sonos have sat back on their laurels and need to wake up as there is now massive competition in this market and I for one will no longer be recommending Sonos to anyone. The service I am receiving just now truly stinks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
If you find that you have the wrong playlists you might not have gotten the update yet. Please check for updates in the Sonos app. Then, in the Sonos app reauthorize Deezer and check the playlists.

Reauthorize is under Settings > My Music Services > tap on "Deezer" > select "Re-authorize"

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings