Answered

RESOLVED - TuneIn Radio: Unable to browse or play on Sonos - 03/23/17

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

84 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
CasterlyRock, Jesus_1, and mxk116, there was an outage for TuneIn on Sonos that has since been resolved. Let us know if you're still having some troubles.
CasterlyRock, Jesus_1, and mxk116, there was an outage for TuneIn on Sonos that has since been resolved. Let us know if you're still having some troubles.
Yes, TuneIn is working. The only thing odd is that TuneIn does not appear in the Sonos "Music Services" section of the Sonos app. Shouldn't it be there?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Yes, TuneIn is working. The only thing odd is that TuneIn does not appear in the Sonos "Music Services" section of the Sonos app. Shouldn't it be there?

Yes, you should still be able to see TuneIn as an available music service. Quit the Sonos app on the device it's currently running on and then relaunch the app to see if the TuneIn returns. Are you also missing TuneIn when looking at the Sonos app on a different device?

You may want to give the router a reboot so it reinitializes all of its services. Just make sure to leave it unplugged from power for thirty seconds prior to plugging it back into power. Let us know if that helps, but if it doesn't, please post a diagnostic here for our review.
Badge
The stations I listen to via Tunein are working but trying to listen to some shows (such as BBC R2 Sounds of the 60s and Tony Blackburns Golden Hour) they're shown as availble but when I attempt to play them they don't, with an acces denied message. Some older BBC shows (such as Jarvis Cockers R4 city shows )work.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Access denied to numerous bbc shows including proms and afternoon on 3. Working okay on Tunein iOS app. V annoying!!!
Hi,

I'm having a Tunein issue, with "More FM Canterbury". I get the following error - "Unable to play 'More FM Canterbury' - unable to connect to TuneIn."

Diagnostics # 7698968.

I've tested some other stations and they'll connect, and the above station I can play on my phone or laptop outside of Sonos.

Thanks.
Is this happening again? When attempting to access any stations I receive the message "Unable to Play the Radio Station". When I attempt to add attempt to access "Radio by TuneIn" in the "Browse" area, I receive the message "Unable to browse Music". I have restarted by Android phone and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos App. I also discovered that the same experience happens in my Windows App. Any word?
Same problem here. Works with other streaming radios but not tunein
Two things. First, try a simple reboot of your router. Second, if you're continuing to have an issue, open up a new thread. This one is from 2017.