Answered

RESOLVED - TuneIn Radio: Unable to browse or play on Sonos - 03/23/17

Show first post

81 replies

What this should alert all of us to, is that internet radio is not secure in an emergency -- especially if that emergency is caused by cyber attacks which our governments constantly remind us about. I have searched the attic and dug out my old radio plus the battery driven portable. Neither Tunein Radio or Sonos have explained what happened, how it happened and what hey are doing to prevent it in the future.
I am not even sure that they have fixed it. Reception fades in and out. Buffering might not be working as it should. I cannot help wondering why problems like this usually arise after we have all been forced to perform an "upgrade"! Poor software governance in the company and inadequate testing, I fear.
Still the TuneIn does not work, just re-installed SONOS on my PC. Still the message "Unable to browse music. There was a problem connecting to TuneIn". Please make it work !!
Additional Info: In the SONOS app on my PC the "select a Music Source" the icons for : Spotify, RadioPup and Sticher SmartRadio are all Questionsmarks (?)....
Additional info: After trying to connect to internet with InternetExplorer, my PC gave warning that DHCP was NOT turned on at my PC. Just let InternetExplorer Fix this problem automatic. Now tyring to connect to internet work and SONOS works also correct now.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
HI folks,

If you're still unable to play TuneIn please submit a diagnostic report from your system and reply with the confirmation number.
Still down, Singapore
Hi Jeff, my confirmation no. is 7232862 I am in Singapore. Just set up my Sonos play 1. TuneIn doesn't work by indicating "unable to browse music". Please advice.

Thank you
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
flyingfishsg wrote:

Hi Jeff, my confirmation no. is 7232862 I am in Singapore. Just set up my Sonos play 1. TuneIn doesn't work by indicating "unable to browse music". Please advice.

Thank you

Hi flyingfishsg,

It looks like your Sonos speakers are losing connection to your wireless access points from time to time. This may be due to interference from nearby networks. Please try changing your network's wireless channels to 1 and see if that helps. Also, it may help to reboot your router and access points to update network information including DNS.
Hi Jeff, thanks for your prompt reply. I exactly followed what you said but failed. I realized that it might be caused by my wifi extension. Therefore, after disconnecting the extension, I moved both my laptop and sonos play 1 near the router and did a completely new setup. Everything has been reset. I even reinstalled the controller. But unfortunately, I failed miserably. When I click "the radio by turnin" button, it has no sign of connecting. I also set up Radionomy. The radionomy was connecting but failed finally. I also sent you the diagnostics. The confirmation no is 7234977

Please help.

Jason
Hi Jeff, no reply ? What is going on ? :-(
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
flyingfishsg wrote:

Hi Jeff, thanks for your prompt reply. I exactly followed what you said but failed. I realized that it might be caused by my wifi extension. Therefore, after disconnecting the extension, I moved both my laptop and sonos play 1 near the router and did a completely new setup. Everything has been reset. I even reinstalled the controller. But unfortunately, I failed miserably. When I click "the radio by turnin" button, it has no sign of connecting. I also set up Radionomy. The radionomy was connecting but failed finally. I also sent you the diagnostics. The confirmation no is 7234977

Please help.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay. It would be best to troubleshoot this issue live as there's likely some network configuration issues to address. Please give us a call and reference case number: 170412-001433. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
First time since having Sonos not able to connect to tune in or radionomy. Help.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Roger1953 wrote:

First time since having Sonos not able to connect to tune in or radionomy. Help.

Hi Roger1953,

Please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Jeff S wrote:

Roger1953 wrote:

Hi Roger1953,

Please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Roger1953 wrote:

Jeff S wrote:

Roger1953 wrote:

Hi Roger1953,

It looks like some of your Sonos units have the wrong network address stored for your router. This can cause communication issues when the players are trying to connect to servers on the internet, such as TuneIn's. Please try rebooting your router and each of your Sonos units to update the network information. To reboot your Sonos units just remove them from power for ten seconds or so then plug them back in.
Hi. I also can suddenly no longer connect to tune in radio. Diagnostic 7318850. Thx
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Avpavp wrote:

Hi. I also can suddenly no longer connect to tune in radio. Diagnostic 7318850. Thx

Hi Avpavp,

It looks like your Sonos speaker isn't running the same version as your controller. Please check for updates and run them then test out TuneIn again.
There are 6 stations on TuneIn that I listen to and today they all have the same issue. The music starts, plays for 1/2 a second then stops, then starts again, etc.
Stations are:
Sky Radio 80's Hits
Sky Radio 00's Hits
Sky Radio 90's
Sky Radio Hits
Radio Veronica 80's Hits
Radio Veronica 90's Hits

My diagnostic number is 7323984

Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Face wrote:

There are 6 stations on TuneIn that I listen to and today they all have the same issue. The music starts, plays for 1/2 a second then stops, then starts again, etc.
Stations are:
Sky Radio 80's Hits
Sky Radio 00's Hits
Sky Radio 90's
Sky Radio Hits
Radio Veronica 80's Hits
Radio Veronica 90's Hits

Thanks.

Hi Face,

Your Sonos units are losing connection to TuneIn's servers while listening. There doesn't appear to be any interference or communication errors between your Sonos components. If your stations are saved as favorites it may help to delete the favorites and search for the stations again as they may have updated server information.

It may also help to reboot your router and each Sonos unit to update the network information on your system.

Let me know if those steps don't help.
Jeff S wrote:

Face wrote:

Stations are:
Sky Radio 80's Hits
Sky Radio 00's Hits
Sky Radio 90's
Sky Radio Hits
Radio Veronica 80's Hits
Radio Veronica 90's Hits

Thanks.

Hi Face,

Your Sonos units are losing connection to TuneIn's servers while listening. There doesn't appear to be any interference or communication errors between your Sonos components. If your stations are saved as favorites it may help to delete the favorites and search for the stations again as they may have updated server information.

It may also help to reboot your router and each Sonos unit to update the network information on your system.

Let me know if those steps don't help.

Hi Jeff,

I mentioned this issue to the Twitter support team on Saturday and they requested I remove them from favorites which I did, but that didn't help and they later confirmed it was happening for them as well, so I don't think its an issue with my equipment, but I'll reboot everything anyway.

They did say it would be escalated internally but I've not heard anything since.

One thing that I noticed on the TuneIn Android app is these stations show the bitrate as 131072k which is unusual as other streams (which work ok on Sonos) show as 128k.

Regards.
Hi Jeff,

Recently the Annie Mac show on BBC Radio 1 has stopped showing up under recent episodes in my favourites. It is also nowhere to be found in the search function. Confirmation number - 7600041.

Cheers.
Tune in suddenly not working this morning.
9:01 am @Boston, still no working
TuneIn radio unable to browse, not in Music Services

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P