Answered

RESOLVED - TuneIn Radio: Unable to browse or play on Sonos - 03/23/17

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

There is a temporary service outage affecting TuneIn on Sonos. You may have trouble browsing TuneIn radio or playing stations when attempting to use the service. We’re currently working with our partner TuneIn and will update you here once we will have more to share.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 23 March 2017, 18:24

Hi everyone,

The TuneIn outage should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues playing TuneIn on your Sonos systems.

View original

81 replies

OK, then I don't need to try to get it to work...
Yeah I noticed iT. I just installed the software update so I thought that was the problem. " good" to Heat that it is a general problem
Just spent my time trouble shooting..would have been nice to send out mass notice.
Robstang wrote:

would have been nice to send out mass notice.

http://www.sonos.com/support

There is a temporary service outage affecting TuneIn on Sonos and we’re working with them to fix the problem as soon as possible. You’ll find real-time status updates online via our community or on Twitter @SonosSupport.

Come on guys -- get it fixed we need to listen to the news especially with everything going on in London
Frankly, this isn't good enough.
Strange it stopped working for me right after installing the update
If your radio station is already selected it should continue to work so if you have a station selected in another room you can create a group and that station will then play on other speakers/rooms. For example I have Radio 2 selected on my Bedroom speaker but lost Radio 2 on the other speakers when I tried to search for another station through TuneIn. By grouping the speakers that had lost the radio with the Bedroom speaker I now have Radio 2 playing on all speakers.
I'll be waiting😩
Ahh - just spent an hour trying to fix it!
Yes I had the same issue :-(
bfletche wrote:

bfletche wrote:

For others, they updated yesterday, or have been running the beta for weeks, then the outage just happened today. Aside from coincidence, there's no correlation between the update and the outage.
Don't blame TuneIn ... blame the last update :@
This hasn't help my cause trying to persuade my wife for letting me buy more sonos speakers :@
She want her old radio back :(
Yes, I would love to stream the news on my phone now that I've spent $400 on this system.
bgeybels wrote:

Just try visiting http://tunein.com and see how far you get.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Pierre C wrote:

Hello everyone,

There is a temporary service outage affecting TuneIn on Sonos. You may have trouble browsing TuneIn radio or playing stations when attempting to use the service. We’re currently working with our partner TuneIn and will update you here once we will have more to share.

Thanks for the confirmation Pierre.
bgeybels wrote:

You mean the "last update" that I and other beta testers have been using for weeks now without a hiccup on TuneIn? You mean don't blame TuneIn, when you can't even get to their homepage from a browser, never mind from Sonos?

Strange logic.
Same here!
Does this also affect "Sonos Favourites"? Because none of my Radio stations are working!
AdrianH wrote:

Does this also affect "Sonos Favourites"? Because none of my Radio stations are working!

Sonos Favorites and TuneIn stations you put into My Radio Stations will be affected. If you've manually created My Radio Stations entries by specifying the URL then these will work. Any station you already have selected in Now Playing will also continue to work unless/until you select a different source.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It is unacceptable that Sonos has apparently tied the ability to manually add a radio URL to the TuneIn service. It didn't used to be that way. I'd suggest anyone who feels the same way contact Sonos support today and complain about this.
All working for me now - was down for about 90 minutes here (SW England)
Getting into My Radio Stations is glitchy, but once you're there manually entered URLs work.

Manually entered URLs which have a Favourites entry too are directly accessible, without any TuneIn dependency at all.
Still down, Perth, Western Australia.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)