Answered

Resolved - Spotify Playlists and Search not working on Sonos - December 6th

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
  • Sonos Staff
  • 3735 replies
Hi everyone,

We're working with Spotify to resolve an outage causing issues with browsing playlists and searching within Sonos. We'll continue to update this thread when we have more information to share.

Please note, there is currently another issue we're working with Spotify on regarding being unable to use the Spotify app on Android devices to control Sonos. That is being tracked here.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 December 2017, 20:53

Hi everyone, the outage with Spotify playlists and searching within the Sonos app should now be resolved.

Please go ahead and try out Spotify again on Sonos and let us know how it goes.

View original

20 replies

Getting fed up with bugs from Sonos every time there is some kind of update. So this afternoon I cant play any personal saved playlists in Spotify as the classic Sonos "Unable to browse music" error appears. Its not Spotify fault as I can find them in that application no problem but via Sonos Nothing!
Is there anything I can do or just wait for Sonos to get their act together yet again?
Same issue here.
Tried to connect spotify to sonos without success
The same problem for me....
Same here.
Same here
I've owned the Sonos Playbar and 2 Play 1's for 2 days, connected my Spotify Account w/ Sonos for Android, using it frequently without a hitch.

However, as of this morning, I get zero results when tapping "Search" and typing in any query, and in any category. Artist, Song, Album, et cetera, all come up with zero results no matter what I try. (I'm trying the most popular artists to test - Beatles, Rolling Stones, Billy Joel). I'm simply instantly getting the message in the title.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sonos App for Android, I've tried removing and reconnecting my Spotify account to the Sonos App, and I've restarted my phone.

Has anybody else encountered this?

Many thanks for your time! :)
Glad its not just me, hope they sort it soon:(
My sonos is working again guys check yours too
Same here it's becoming totally unusable.
I had problems after changing WFI hub. error 701 unable to brows,and intermitent play response.I went into Spotify found he devices available and chose my Sonos Lounge 1.think it has solved the problem.
not sure if its related, but im getting an error saying "unable to connect to spotify account".
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi everyone, the outage with Spotify playlists and searching within the Sonos app should now be resolved.

Please go ahead and try out Spotify again on Sonos and let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
RCameron wrote:

not sure if its related, but im getting an error saying "unable to connect to spotify account".

This sounds unrelated. To start with, try removing your Spotify account and then add it back in.
Working again for me now, hope everyone else is getting their playlists back :D:D
it works again for me too, many thanks Ryan:$
I still have no option to play songs in a queue, I can just play one song at a time, anybody else have this issue?
It's fine now, got it working
cant add spotify account to new sonos....though it plays radio fine. sigh.
Badge +1
Still not seeing my Spotify playlists on “My Sonos”. Can see them when I use “Browse”. Removing and re-adding the account, creating new playlists, updating the library all did not work.

Any more ideas now that the problem should be resolved? Would a diagnostic help, Ryan?
I now have this problem too. Started yesterday - 701 on all Spotify songs. Also can’t get any radio. I’ve been using Sonos for 10 years and it has gone seriously downhill recently.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)