Resolved: Spotify Outage on Sonos- December 31st, 2014

• 31 December 2014
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
We are experiencing connection issues with Spotify on Sonos at the moment. Our development team is working hard to get it back up and working as soon as possible

Thank you for your patience. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Are you proud of your service level?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

Seems like the hardest working person (people?) at SONOS these days is whoever is responding to all the Spotify outage tweets, LOL.
Sonos, can u imagine all the new year parties going quiet because you can't keep your system playing music? Quite unbelievable. How can I get a refund? love the quality when its working but Xmas, boxing day and now new years eve is too much to handle. What should have been the future on how to listen to music is turning into an expensive, embarrassing dead donkey.
Again?!!!
Userlevel 2
Again?!!!
you frickin lame arses, fix it
Userlevel 2
Again?!!!
same for xmas as well... jeysus....
Not great - disappointing.  Given the experience in the last few days, would have thought it would have been fixed.   I'm going to look for a new system…..
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We completely understand and this is unacceptable for us too. We're working quickly to get this resolved for you and we'll update you here as soon as we have more to share.
Why should we have patience when all we're trying to do is the most modest task of listening to music through our expensive sonos speakers. Patience has been lost like our ability to play music for which we are paying a monthly subscription. This set up works or it doesnt. It's not working Sonos, what's going on?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Everyone,

Spotify service should now be restored for all customers.

We apologize for the interruption in our service with Spotify and we're going to continue to monitor our systems closely.

If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Everyone,

Spotify service should now be restored for all customers.

We apologize for the interruption in our service with Spotify and we're going to continue to monitor our systems closely.

If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.
Userlevel 1
Badge
This response is way outside acceptable A ordinary "sonos it works " reply with out a Comment what went wrong. Three major outages in one week. Bloody well done!
Hi Sonos. Can u plse advise if these drop outs are Sonos or Spotify problems? End result is not being able to play music but I am confused as to where the problem lies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I've said it before and I'll say it again - just support Spotify Connect and all will be solved
You got to be kidding!
Please be polite and give your customers a better reply than the usual "We are sorry for the inconvenience..." - service level last week alone is reason to dump Sonos for good. Official "replies" or apologies like this are worse than no reply at all!
This again is totally unacceptable as above three outages in a week, the busiest party week of the year!!! Your loyal customers who have spent their hard earned money on your products need to know what went wrong and what is being done to resolve this major issue in an otherwise faultless piece of technology! Come on Sonos please be brave and at least let us know if it is a sonos issue or a problem with spotify. I truly believe this is a sonos issue as spotify was working well earlier in evening but I thought I would sign up to napster trial just in case, ended up with both causing hissues at peak periods during evening !!!
Your customers need a answer so please provide one rather than the childish " I'm sorry it won't happen again"
Please don't ask me to submit diagnostics as the system has been working perfectly for several months.
Will you publish a report on what went wrong? As this is not a one time occurrence, you owe us that much.