Resolved: Problems with Spotify on Sonos 8th June 2016

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Earlier today, Sonos controllers started showing errors when playing, browsing and adding new accounts on Spotify. Our engineering team is working with Spotify to fix it as quickly as possible.

If you follow this thread by clicking ‘Add to favorites,’ we’ll notify you when the issue is resolved and Spotify service is fully restored. Thank you for your continued patience and please accept our apologies for this interruption in your daily listening.

Update: We can confirm that the Spotify service is back up and running on Sonos. Let us know if you have any further problems. Once again, our apologies for the interruption.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks Max.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Badge
Thanks for posting this. I had a heart attack this morning when my Sonos said Spotify was lost! NOOOOOoooooooo........ 🙂 Looking forward to hearing it's been corrected.
It's working again!!! 😃
Badge
Indeed it is! Awesome. Thanks for fixing this so quickly!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
We can confirm that the Spotify service is back up and running on Sonos. Let us know if you have any further problems. Once again, our apologies for the interruption.
Hi - I am having the same problem and it has been going on for a few days. My Sonos software is up to date and I have tried deleting and adding back my Spotify service. Radio works fine - it's just Spotify. Please help. Thanks
We have an issue with Spotify and Sonos. We have a family plan with Spotify. My wife and I are each logged into our own accounts on Spotify - all good. When not connected to Sonos - we can both listen to whatever music we want independently. When my wife connects her spotify song to listen on Sonos - I get bumped off Spotify (I might be in the car) and now I am listening to what she is listening to. Need some help svp. Thanks
We have an issue with Spotify and Sonos. We have a family plan with Spotify. My wife and I are each logged into our own accounts on Spotify - all good. When not connected to Sonos - we can both listen to whatever music we want independently. When my wife connects her spotify song to listen on Sonos - I get bumped off Spotify (I might be in the car) and now I am listening to what she is listening to. Need some help svp. Thanks
See this Sonos Support Article and particularly the section about adding/using multiple music service accounts in the Sonos App...

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

Hopefully if you follow those instructions, it should resolve your current issue.
Ken - thanks. Unfortunately that did not work. I downloaded the latest Sonos app. It shows that it is connected to my wifes' Spotify account. When I went to add a second account (mine) I got an Error message " The spotify account is already set up on your sonos. No need to add again. I did not see anywhere where I could add a second Spotify account (mine). Issue still remains. When we are not connected to Sonos we can both listen to spotify independently - when my wife connects her spotify to Sonos I get dropped off my Spotify account (so I end up hearing the music she is listening to). I am unable to attach my spotify account separately to Sonos (so we don't see the name under the spotify logo showing which account is being used
The Just to clarify... you can only add a Spotify account from a mobile device which has the Spotify App setup and logged into the persons premium account. So you need to ...

1. Remove the Spotify account that is setup in sonos,
2. Using your own mobile that has Spotify App installed on it (setup on your account), Add that service to your Sonos App and give it your name.
3. Using your wife’s mobile that has her Spotify App installed on it (setup on her account), Add that service to her Sonos App and give it her name.

So do the Spotify setup, for each account, from each separate mobile, but ensure that each Spotify App is setup first on the different mobiles.

See if that works for you.