Answered

Resolved: Problems with Sonos Alarms for 12/31/16 - Updates Inside

Show first post

181 replies

I deleted all my alarms and was able to get music to play again (instead of the Sonos chime). I am assuming they will correct the software soon. I wish my entire Sonos profile could be saved online so when hiccups like this happen, I don't have to redo so much setup.
For 31 years I have awoken to my beautiful wife beside me, this morning my wife was not. I noticed that I couldn't shut the alarm off when i finally awoke (heavy sleeper). I came downstairs and checked my house alarm to see if my wife had left the house sometime in the morning, she had not. It turns out she had to sleep in another room in our house, as the alarm was keeping her up when she couldn't shut it off. I had purchased several Sonos product for family, encouraging them to use their gift as alarms, for their daily lives. Technology is not an easy sell in this house hold, we just adopted Sonos into our house hold as of, late this year. I deleted the alarms and it seems to have fixed the issue, for now. A huge thanx for the community feedback as i would have never realized how to address the issue. i haven't dropped anything from a second story window in over three decades, although today, it was a consideration.
You don't have to delete the alarms. Just toggle the on/off button in the Sonos app.
Badge
I just experienced this problem. I have alarms every day with different Pandora stations. It was Saturday's alarms that were erroneously triggered today and could not be shut off. Just disabling the 2 Saturday alarms was enough to allow me to turn off the units.
Userlevel 1
I found a small workaround on another one of the forum posts relating to this, which was to disable setting of time from the Internet and set the date a week into the future. So rather than the date being set as Friday 30/12/16 it's set to Friday 06/01/17. This then allows the alarms to still be enabled but to be stopped when needed. Obviously once a proper fix is released by Sonos then set the time back from the Internet again.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same problem here, Sonos getting confused about an alarm on 12/31. Disabled (unchecked in desktop app) the alarm and all is well. Will try re-enabling it later.
Badge
Same problem. Unchecking the alarm worked so far.
I just experienced this problem. I have alarms every day with different Pandora stations. It was Saturday's alarms that were erroneously triggered today and could not be shut off. Just disabling the 2 Saturday alarms was enough to allow me to turn off the units.

Likewise, I had a weekend alarm that was the issue. M-F was fine. Once I deleted it I was finally able to pause my Sonos.
I almost threw the stupid thing out the window. My non-active 9am alarm went off and wouldn't stop. I could get it to stop for a minute by grouping it with another speaker that was working fine, but after a moment of silence, it would ramp back on like the alarm was playing. This happened 10-15 times, before I just deleted all of the alarms and things immediately went back to normal.
Felt the same .. thought I was going nuts . Deleting alarms fixed issue . Any idea when alarms can be reset without problem reoccurring
Userlevel 2
Same problem here. Saturday alarm (radio) turned on at exactly same time today (Friday) and won't turn off. Had to delete the Saturday alarm to manage to turn off Sonos. Looking forward for a fix soon,
It is my player 1 that has taken over my Sonos with my Saturday and Sunday alarm and I can only stop it by taking the power. Diagnostic confirmation number 6941015.:S
Alarm set for tomorrow only on my system: system kept switching on relentlessly. Cured by tabbing off the alarm on the app.
Badge
A Friday alarm gave me a problem. Other posts have suggested that Sonos has a problem recognising the existence of 31 December which may point to a Leap Year origin.
Perhaps some or all 30 December alarms reference the 31 December date somewhere and that is where it falls over? Just speculation but setting Sonos system date to 23 December seems to have worked for me..

I found that if I manually selected the 31st of December 2016 when I set that date Sonos promptly changed the date to the 1st of January 2017. Windows controller.
Deleted alarms and this has solved the issue, have to get out the old radio alarm, would I recommend Sonos to a friend, not if I want to keep that friend!
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have two Play:1's which each have a 7:30 pm alarm of a Spotify playlist (quiet bedtime music for the kids). Last night (Thu 29 Dec) my kids couldn't turn the music off at bedtime. Pausing immediately led to unpausing. I tried everything up to and including a factory reset after which to my amazement (I'm a Sonos dealer and have set up maybe 1000 units) the newly added zone resumed the music!!

Eventually called technical support, heard the announcement of the alarm issue, deleted the alarms and that solved the problems.
Millennium bug has taken a long time to kick in? Lol. Same problem for me except it seemed to also knock out the app on my iPhone and close down its wifi connection before immediately restarting. Coincidence?
Same problem here. Diagnostic submitted (Confirmation number: 6941259).
Millennium bug has taken a long time to kick in? Lol. Same problem for me except it seemed to also knock out the app on my iPhone and close down its wifi connection before immediately restarting. Coincidence?

It happened the same to my iPhone....I cannot use it since yesterday evening - it would stay on for a few seconds before a wifi connection message appears and I do not have wifi problems.
Deleting all of the alarms (18 in my case) worked. First time in over 10 years I've had a Sonos bug, more than I can say for others software i use... Microsoft, Apple, etc...
Since this morning, we’ve been getting reports that some Sonos alarms are not turning off after being stopped on the player.

We’re sorry if this has affected you. Our teams are looking into it as we speak and we'll post updates here as soon as we have more to share.

In the meantime, we recommend deleting any alarms that you have set from your Sonos app.

Thankfully switched of both alarms now silence! But will I wake up on Tuesday after the bank holiday!
Fortunately clearing the alarms also sorted the wifi issue out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I haven't been to the Sonos forum in many years...I've had my Sonos setup for, hm, at least 10 years? This morning my alarm started going nuts, my CR-100 (still used daily) wouldn't turn it off, a reboot didn't help, and I immediately remembered this forum...I used to post here a lot, back in the beta testing days (I think I had a different username back then). I wasn't surprised at all to read that Sonos are working on it. This is one of the best pieces of tech I've ever owned, I think. Certainly the longest lasting. A few hiccups over the years maybe, but Sonos has outlasted even a lot of my household appliances....thanks in advance for catching/fixing the problem!
Userlevel 2
The issue for me started on the 29th with my 5 pm alarm. I unchecked it to stop the alarm. I could use the system like normal. Then the same issue with my 5:30 am alarm this morning. I have since unchecked all alarms and system is working like normal.
Same!!! any update to this problem yet? Cheers