Answered

Resolved: Problems with Sonos Alarms for 12/31/16 - Updates Inside

Show first post

181 replies

By removing Saturday from my alarm it works for me. As soon as I add back Saturday to my alarm it starts playing. So I guess the easiest way of fixing the problem until there is a bug fix is just by removing Saturday from your active alarm. Or deactivate it. Just make sure to set another alarm tomorrow if you need to wake up. 😃
Userlevel 2
Community consensus seems to be that it's connected with the date and possibly a leap year. Changing date manually forward or back a day or more enables you to stop the alarm whilst leaving it active. I've now manually set the date for 6th Jan 2017 (seven days ahead) and await developments. Happy New Year!
Same here with my Sonos 5. Deleted alarms and solved the problem. Hope this is fixed soon.
I didn't need to delete the alarms, only to switch them off. I had no weekend alarms.
Correction: they were weekend alarms.
Userlevel 1
same issue here, since this morning got woken up by alarm i set for saturday 5am (early flight)...

fun that, developers get on with this please 😉
It is Saturday alarm that cause the problem for me. I have to turn off for music to stop playing.
I didn't need to delete the alarms, only to switch them off. I had no weekend alarms.
I suspect the real issue is that that meant a 31 December alarm.
I suspect the real issue is that that meant a 31 December alarm.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I have a daily alarm same issue - a related issue appears to be the queue instantly refills with the alarm data (I use a playlist of music) every time you clear the queue it is instantly repopulate with the same alarm music. Nice testing Sonos...
Not only is the alarm not shutting off but the volume is going up and down every 5 or 10 seconds. At the same time on my Android phone the Sonos logo lights up on the sleep screen under the time bringing it on (logo and time) then it goes black when the volume goes down. So have we all been hacked?
Shutting off the alarms stops the system and when restarted, with no alarm, the volume stays constant. Problem solved until Sonos can advise a fix to get alarms working again.
The alarm in the bedroom won't stop. When I turn it down after 5 Seconds it comes back on at the original volume. I remove the music service and now I get the chime ringing every 5 Seconds. It will not stop. Have Rebooted the Wi-Fi, attributed some of those, have removed all alarms, Nothing Stops it except unplugging it. I'm ready to throw it out the window.
Sonos 5 last night wouldn't change channel. Today it keeps switching on and off every couple of minutes : all on one speaker only and despite deleting alarms and plugging and unplugging the affected speaker.
Changed date and it stopped but restarted as soon as put correct date back.
Time for an update Sonos please?
Disabling the Alarms stopped my problem. Noticed these errors in the error log, which relate to music files stored on my NAS device and no credentials required. I updated all my streaming service login ID's/PW in case that was the problem but still had same bizarre alarm problem as everyone else. I have an OFF alarm for my system that starts at 10:30pm at night and plays the songs displayed in the error log. At 8:30AM I have an ON Alarm to play my local radio station. Before 8:30AM I noticed my system was still playing music from last nights off alarm play list. At 8:30AM my local radio station would start ramp up to volume for 5 seconds then stop and music from last nights off alarm would start again. It was if the two alarms were fight to play at the same time and do this over and over....

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:32 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'Cry' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:33 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'Billy' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Unable to play 'Out Of My Mind' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Unable to play 'So Long, Jimmy' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Unable to play 'So Long, Jimmy' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Unable to play 'High' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:38 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'Goodbye My Lover' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:40 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'Apologize' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:58 AM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'You're Beautiful [Explicit]' - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system.
Userlevel 2
The alarm issue started on 12/29 for me. I'd turn it off and it would start back up. The only one it didn't affect was my Play:3 in the bedroom, so I feel bad for all the people who got woken up. Have deleted all alarms for the time being.
This started with me at midnight last night. Could not stop the music, but was able to by disabling the alarm. Another alarm on a different unit failed to start this morning, but once started, same problem and the midnight alarm started again. Solution here was to disable all alarms. did not have to delete them.
For us, all the same symptoms. Setting ALL the alarms to OFF made the problem stop. No need to DELETE them. I tried pushing the date ahead 7 days but that had no effect.
I have spent the past hour trying to figure out why my Play 1s were restarting my radio station I use for alarms. We use only the Play 1s for our alarms. I restarted the wifi and the SONOS systems in the house and still no change. I tried to give those speakers another queue of music but my SONOS app would indicate that it was playing then the radio station would start again. Damn frustrating.

We just turned off the alarm via the app and then stopped the Play 1s via the button on the unit. Only after doing that did the Play 1s not restart; finally. Now, at least, I have control of my Play 1s again to play other music or to be stopped.

Please let us know when you folks fix the alarm as this is an important feature around our house.
Same problem, but here's the kicker: I never set any alarms. Once I deleted the two alarms I found the problem was solved. I suspect its cross-talk from my neighbors Sonos system.
Community consensus seems to be that it's connected with the date and possibly a leap year. Changing date manually forward or back a day or more enables you to stop the alarm whilst leaving it active. I've now manually set the date for 6th Jan 2017 (seven days ahead) and await developments. Happy New Year!

Rings true, changed the date off of Internet time and set date to one week out and it is gone.
We have an evening alarm that went from 10:15pm - 11:15pm. Last night it seems to have gone off on schedule, but apparently restarted at midnight. Stopping, muting, disabling the alarm all failed. Finally unplugged the PLAY:1, but this morning, upon plugging it back in, the music resumed. After reading the info here, I deleted the alarm and it finally stopped. However, we have one of the old school controllers, and it still shows the music playing for that zone. Have not yet checked if the Android app shows the same.
Same problem.
Can't control speaker after this morning's alarm. Rest of system is fine.
Hi Max, my alarm got stuck, I deleted the alarm and the radio station finally stopped playing, I sent in the diagnosis with number 6940606
Thank you!
Userlevel 2
Since this morning, we’ve been getting reports that some Sonos alarms are not turning off after being stopped on the player.

We’re sorry if this has affected you. Our teams are looking into it as we speak and we'll post updates here as soon as we have more to share.

In the meantime, we recommend deleting any alarms that you have set from your Sonos app.

You dont need to delete them, just unselect the alarm related to weekend days in the app and the alarm can be stopped again.

By the way, I have three play:1s in different rooms, all with the same alarm, and only 1 had the issue...
Well the alarm was the culprit. Now I had the alarm set for Sat, but it started playing today friday. Turning the alarm off stops it coming on automatically, but this means I do not have the alarm set when I want it 😞 Any help Sonos folks - this happened after the update today

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings