Answered

Resolved - Losing connection to Sirius XM - Dec 7th

Show first post

86 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
ART in LA wrote:

SiriusXM was recommending a different fix for this problem, but it didn't work.
Changing the STREAMING password (which MAY be different from one's general account password) totally fixed the problem. So happy to have my SiriusXM back on Sonos. Thanks Sonos community for your help!

Yes to be clear it was the streaming password that I changed to fix it, since that's the one you need for your Sonos Sirius service login.
At least initially, changing the streaming IID and PW has worked. We’ll see if that keeps up.
Where do you change the streaming password? I just logged into my Sirius account online and can’t find the streaming password... only the main account password. Tried changing that and it tells me my password is invalid no matter what I change it to so my Sirius online account is probably still messed up.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Heya BCM -- At some point SXM merged the two passwords in at least some accounts. My SXM account login and my streaming password are now one.

I used my password generator to create a new password. The first try was rejected. The second try worked. Both looked like they should satisfy the rules. So give another try or two and it should take your new PW.

I updated yesterday; kept the same login and just changed the PW and all seems good for now.
Thank you. No matter what I try it tells me invalid password. I even accepted the automatic ‘strong password’ option and it fails. Will call them this morning. I had a major problem with my account online a few months back and spent weeks trying to get it sorted with them. Not confident this isn’t related to that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi everyone, there have been some more improvements here and if you are still having trouble, can you please restart your Sonos controller and try SiriusXM again? We're still working with them on this, so I don't have a final all clear just yet, but the restart should help if you're having trouble at the moment. We'll update you again when there's more.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Ryan S wrote:

Hi everyone, there have been some more improvements here and if you are still having trouble, can you please restart your Sonos controller and try SiriusXM again? We're still working with them on this, so I don't have a final all clear just yet, but the restart should help if you're having trouble at the moment. We'll update you again when there's more.

No issue here for 3 days since changing the Sirius login. To be clear are you saying that's not necessary? Restart the app or the speakers? Also the status page has been updated to show it's fixed. https://status.sonos.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
We've gotten enough all clears on this one to call it fixed now. If you have any trouble, the restart may be needed, but that should be all. As of now, we'll make this resolved, but stay on the watch.
I have been following this topic for a while now. Today, SiriusXM user and password was changed, removed Sirius from Sonos, unplugged all Sonos Devices for a few minutes then added the SiriusXM Service back to sonos once reboot was complete. My SiriusXM stream still stops frequently. After the latest stop, I have created a diagnostic report from my system. Confirmation number is: 2043329659. Sonos, please advise.
I can tell you that I've had it streaming all day long without a hitch. Don't know if that helps but just putting it out there...
Still having this issue. Keep getting "Cannot play, connection to Sirius XM was lost". Several repeat attempts and/or switching between the Mac and the iPad usually gets it going. Once it starts streaming, no issues unless I change channels and that failure happens intermittently.
Annoying to gave to try something 7-8 times to get it work

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings