Answered

Resolved - Losing connection to Sirius XM - Dec 7th

• 7 December 2018
  • 86 replies

Submitted diagntic ticket 1774223671
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 13 December 2018, 20:43

We've gotten enough all clears on this one to call it fixed now. If you have any trouble, the restart may be needed, but that should be all. As of now, we'll make this resolved, but stay on the watch.
View original

86 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Seeing the same thing for the past hour, and going back two weeks. Previous call to support I was told it was a known issue with their network connection and was resolved and it appeared to be on my end. Lasted about a week and it was back past few days off and on for up to an hour. Called back to support and they were trying to say it's my network from the diagnostic, seeing packet loss. No issues streaming from any other sources. Nothing new on my end since a new router 8 months ago. Sirius connection has been solid for 3 years? Came back on as I write. I think this is a network issue with Sirius/Sonos and not the end user. It's what I was told last week. Diagnostic 120242497
I
I am unable to access SiriusXM through SONOS. I can stream directly to my mobile device and PC, but not through speakers. I get an error "unable to browse music". I use SiriusXM/SONOS daily and have not had a problem until today.
Badge
Same problem here in So. California. I have dealt with this issue many months back, now for the past 2-3 weeks the problem has returned. Today, I could not get on at all for about two hours. After finally getting on, I successfully played Sirius for about two hours, then it all went dead. I could not get any channel on Sirius to play.

I rebooted my modem and router, updated my Sonos app and all Sonos speakers, removed and reinstalled my Sirius service from Sonos app, and now I can not get Sirius back onto my Sonos App. i keep getting a message of "account not found." Yet, i can get on to my Sirius service via my laptop and my Iphone with the same user ID and Password, WTF....!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi everyone, we're looking into this issue now. You may see an “Unable to Browse” message when selecting SiriusXM on Sonos. We'll let you know in this thread when it's been resolved.

It's a little intermittent at the moment, so it may work for you, but we'll notify you in here when it's confirmed fixed.
Hi everyone, we're looking into this issue now. You may see an “Unable to Browse” message when selecting SiriusXM on Sonos. We'll let you know in this thread when it's been resolved.

It's a little intermittent at the moment, so it may work for you, but we'll notify you in here when it's confirmed fixed.

It's been going on for weeks
Badge
OK, Finally back on to Sirius. I had to go into go to Sirius Login web page and select to reset password. I received the reset email, and reset to the same password, "No Change" of password (Meaning, I typed the same password as it was previous.) I can now get on with SONOS and my other devices continue to log in to Sirius with no problems......Strange..!!
Badge
"Not Resolved" Sirius played for 5-minutes, now its gone again and my Sonos App can not find the service again.....We are back to WTF...!!!
Badge
Sent Diagnostics #: 1672142356
Badge
Came back for 3-min, now gone again.....No service
Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for acknowledging that there is a problem outside of the user. Been plagued with this for couple weeks. Curious is it affecting SiriusUS as well as SiriusCanada?
Hi Ryan, do you have a rough estimate as to when you think this issue will be fixed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
There've been some positive improvements, but it's still intermittent. No specific timeline right now, but I'll be sure to update you as soon as I have more details.
I was told by Sonos support to remove SiriusXM from my music services and then add it back. I tried and now it does not recognize my username and password for Siriusxm even though I know it is correct. I am beginning to hate sonos
Thanks Ryan. I’m an installer of a large electronics retailer and I have several clients who have contacted me about this. One is having an event this evening and plans on listening to SiriusXM channel 4...this will be an issue.
Same exact problem has been happening to me for a few weeks now.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
There've been some positive improvements, but it's still intermittent. No specific timeline right now, but I'll be sure to update you as soon as I have more details.

Any updates on the issue, as it's gotten worse instead of better?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I get the message from the Sonos app that my channel is no longer available on SiriusXM.

The SiriusXM app works just fine.???
Badge +1
I was able to get this to work last night by first going to SiriusXM and updating my password for the account that is tied to Sonos. I then went into Sonos music services and updated my password for SiriusXM for that account. Took about 5 minutes and the SiriusXM was able to play. Been working since.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi everyone, as of now, SiriusXM should be back up and working fine for browsing on Sonos systems, no action should be needed on your part to resolve this. If you have any trouble in the future, please feel free to contact our support team.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi everyone, as of now, SiriusXM should be back up and working fine for browsing on Sonos systems, no action should be needed on your part to resolve this. If you have any trouble in the future, please feel free to contact our support team.

Still not working on SiriusXM Canada. Same behaviour all day, intermittent, works for a while, drops connection. Trying to connect takes multiple attempts with message connection lost. Finally connects then drops later. Used to be solid all day.
Again not fixed.

Still not working on SiriusXM Canada. Same behaviour all day, intermittent, works for a while, drops connection. Trying to connect takes multiple attempts with message connection lost. Finally connects then drops later. Used to be solid all day.
Again not fixed.

Same here. Hasn't worked all afternoon. Canadian user, doesn't matter if I try SiriusXM or SiriusXM Canada.
Ryan S - still having the same issue (in US).

Only workaround I've found is to hit the play button on my soundbar, then use the app to play from a source other than SiriusXM. Once something else is playing on the soundbar, I can use the app to play SiriusXM on the soundbar and any of my other amps.

Might be a short-term fix for others until this gets resolved.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Whatever they say, it still doesn’t work for me. Pretty sad.?

Nope, it was still broken for me. I did get it working by doing this:

1. Remove siriusxm canada from your sonos music services
2. Login to siriusxm canada web site and change streaming password
3. Add siriusxm canada back into sonos music services using new password

Needed and worked on two android tablets.

Peter
Same here. Sonos works with everything except SiriusXM. It gives me the message "station is not available on Sirius XM".Not a good thing at all during the Christmas season.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings