Resolved

Resolved: 15 August 2019 TuneIn Radio outage

• 15 August 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Unfortunately, Radio by TuneIn is experiencing temporary issues. All radio service appears to be affected. You may find this to be the case on their own website, too - streams hosted there also appear to be experiencing disruption.

Luckily, Tunein.com is working hard to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

You can view the status of any ongoing outages via our Status page.

As a temporary alternative, you may wish to make use of another one of our radio streaming partners:

• myTuner Radio.
  • Radio.net.
  • Radionomy.
  • RadioPup.
  • Many more.
Some services may require an account to allow you to stream, whilst others will only be playable with a paid "Premium" account.

For a complete list of music services offered on Sonos, please see the following link.

We will update this thread once the outage is resolved. Many thanks for your patience and understanding!

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Would it be possible to push these sorts of announcement directly to the app? Ive spent far to long trying to work out if there's a problem on my home network or internet connection!
half a day searching for this announcement ... Really bad support for all people using standard service provided in all basic Sonos controler's configuration !

@the support, do you really think all people will be able to find such information in their account on Sonos.com ?
I agree with WhassuppDoc, an in App message would be welcome, instead of us going crazy looking for updates, trying various things to play our radio (grouping/un grouping, stream from other media, ...)
thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
half a day searching for this announcement ...

Ridiculous! The announcement on the Sonos Community was up within minutes of the outage. Sonos support on this has been very informative - and staff have replied promptly to enquiries (and in several languages).
What a joke i have spent the last couple of hours re-setting both Amazon dot and My Sonos speakers thinking something major had gone wrong. Finally i found out there is a problem with Tunein. Surely there has to be a way that Alexa can tell you exactly what the problem is instead of me having to re-set everything. Muppets.
Userlevel 2

half a day searching for this announcement ...
Ridiculous! The announcement on the Sonos Community was up within minutes of the outage. Sonos support on this has been very informative - and staff have replied promptly to enquiries (and in several languages).

Hmm, not really. Not everyone does or wants to frequent the Sonos Community page. For those who don't navigation might not be intuitive or obvious.

If you are searching for a problem I think the natural route would be:
  • sonos.com/ whatever your country is
  • then support (not obvious).
  • then community
  • so on https://en.community.sonos.com/ the announcement is 1 page down and the first post on the side bar.
  • and if you go to support pages it's on a black on white text banner in plain text.
Based on the design strength of Sonos, I'd have to agree that this is not the most intuitive or best UI/ UX I'd expect. Perhaps not half a day, but not an insignificant amount of irritation to the use. Just saying.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Tunein is back on Google and Squeezeboxes .... Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I don't have the capability to push notifications through the application myself but will be sure to forward these remarks. As for the issue having been ongoing for hours prior to our announcement post, I can't speak to that. The outage was confirmed by TuneIn moments before my post went up - we acted as quickly as we possibly could. Thank you @castalla for pointing this out.

For future reference, if everything but one service appears to be working fine, it may be worth checking our Status page as also linked above. I understand its placement may take some digging to find (in that it may take some time before you land on the community for answers). We do try to make these issues as visible as possible and I do hope to be able to push these notifications to the app in the future. Of course, I agree this would be helpful.

The outage has not yet been confirmed to be completely resolved just yet. Correct, partial service has returned, but I will post again once it's been properly fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
This now appears to be resolved. If you are still encountering issues, please be sure to let us know. Many thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Thanks for the confirmation.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
As a tip, you guys can subscribe to new threads in the Announcements subforum only. New threads are only created there when there is important news (less than once a month) so you won't get lots of emails
This now appears to be resolved. If you are still encountering issues, please be sure to let us know. Many thanks!

Please, add a subscription option over status.sonos.com ;)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48544211981_897f8ea416_z.jpg
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have found that all the radio stations I listen to are also available on radioplayer so I have that set up as a service as well. That way if one is unavailable my first port of call is the other.
As a general note resetting any service including Sonos should be the last port of call as reset will normally erase any useful information that support staff can use to diagnose problems