Question

Recent Spam Attacks on the Community

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

337 replies

Ryan,...can you please have another look on the german community? Two more pages of pest!

Many thanx
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ryan,...can you please have another look on the german community? Two more pages of pest!

Many thanx

Done, I've got both refreshing on multiple screens right now. Feel free to PM me if you see anything that sticks around,. Let's hold off from updating everyone following this thread about it.
Yep,

...will be done!
Week four, InSided appears to have done nothing to fix the spam issue. Amazing! Such a simple fix, it's pretty clear that InSided is simply incompetent.
I agree. But that is an irrelevancy.
Have we given up even expressing disappointment on this subject now? Spam continues unabated, a shameful state of affairs. Does Sonos even care anymore?
26 days now, and counting.
It's pretty ridiculous. I supplied some suggested regular expression filters a while back, which would cope with a pretty high degree of obfuscation of phone numbers. The current wave barely disguises the numbers at all, and would be easy pickings.

InSided might be working on things, but any progress is painfully slow and invisible thus far at forum user level. The simple fact that they have to retrofit such a filter underscores the immaturity of this 'home-grown' forum platform.
It's pretty ridiculous. I supplied some suggested regular expression filters a while back.
You can only take the horse to the water...
Monday morning, open Sonos, see 6 hours of spam, close Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Slightly odd this am. The main overall forum view is showing in the "What to get" sub-forum a Spam Question but when I click on that forum I see there is no spam - The last post is 2 days ago (really?).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That's very odd Stuart, I saw the same thing. I've restored and re-deleted that post and it's gone now from the main overview too. I forwarded the notes to InSided too. They'll take a look. Let us know if you see the same thing again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
And still the Spam attacks continue. Is anyone applying any filters or measures at all?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Is anyone applying any filters or measures at all?
People have been asking that for weeks now. So I guess the answer must be: 'No'.
Sonos, please replace InSided with a competent company! After a month of their complete inability to resolve one of the most basic issues that any other forum software can fix in minutes, you surely can't still believe their slick marketing! They are pathetic. I hope you haven't signed a multi year contract with them...
A contract wouldn't matter. Their inability to fix the problem would void that in a second.
A contract wouldn't matter. Their inability to fix the problem would void that in a second.

Depends what the contract says, surely...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
And another day of Spam. How can Sonos allow this to prevail, it tarnishes your brand and will put off new customers.

Our apologies everyone, the Community is currently under attack by a group of very dedicated spammers creating new accounts and posting about technical support.

We’re working with our partners to prevent this in the future and are watching to remove them as quickly as we can.

This is now shown as being one month old.... One month!!!

How much longer is this going to go on? Do you, or your providers, actually have a plan to deal with the problem? Or is the plan simply to keep removing posts in the hope that eventually the spammers will get bored and go away?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I suspect your answer is in your final sentence. The focus seems to be mainly on v7.0 Public Beta.
I suspect your answer is in your final sentence. The focus seems to be mainly on v7.0 Public Beta.

Surely their providers should be sorting it out?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
One would hope so, but a month...?

I'd imagine it's unlikely to be the same people dealing with those two items...
63 spam message before we get to a real message - and that's just in the Announcements section.

Not impressive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We've made a bunch of recent changes to help out here with the spam and some were more effective than others. The most recent addition was an email verification step. This means each account that is going to post here has to go through an email verification step first. It helped slow down the spam, but not stop it.

The team at InSided is working on a few other things as well and we hope to get them in place soon.

The whole team here knows it's frustrating, and we feel it too. But the situation does have a lot of attention internally here and at InSided. We'll continue to clean up the spam as quickly as we can and we'll keep working on roadblocks to put in their way.