Question

Recent Spam Attacks on the Community

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

337 replies

Time to fire InSided.
The software is so fubared that the spammers are earning badges like "almost famous" not sure to laugh or cry.
Time to fire InSided.
Time to fire the executive who selected InSided.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This has gone beyond irritating and.is now in the realms of not acceptable especially given the supposed help of the forum software providers. If nothing else they have provided sufficient evidence they are not fit for purpose - both the core software AND the subsequent "help".

There have been some good suggestions to help reduce the spam in this thread. I for one suggested new users should be only able to post a new thread every, say, 20 minutes. Why hasn't this been implemented?
They do try to disguise the phone number using different patterns, but a simple regex could easily find them.
A suggested pattern was offered days ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You know what really hacks me off?

If I come onto this thread and drop an F-Bomb it will be removed faster than Usain Bolt chasing Brazilian totty.

There have been some good suggestions to help reduce the spam in this thread. I for one suggested new users should be only able to post a new thread every, say, 20 minutes. Why hasn't this been implemented?

Inability to take decisions, I suspect. A little exaggerated, but I am in the middle of Roman history and Nero fiddling comes to mind.
It should only take a few days to fix this. It will take longer to replace the forum provider. It's been 13 days...
https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/icloud-tech-support-number1855-332-4o42icloud-customer-service-number-phone-for-help-and-customer-6751121

this kind of spamer are using your sites to missguide customer
In your Ask question these spamer - are using to publish there tech support number ... block this this missguide customer and also miss leading your website URL infront of customer name .

when you search gmail tech support / hotmail tech support . your URL is giving wrong information to customer .

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/gmail-support-phone-number1855-888-0376usa-gmail-support-phone-number-gmail-customer-service-can-6751116

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/gmail-help-desk-number1855-888-0376usa-gmail-support-phone-number-gmail-customer-service-canada-6751115

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/gmail-customer-care-number1855-888-0376usa-gmail-support-phone-number-gmail-customer-service-can-6751113

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/hotmail-tech-support-number1855-332-4o42hotmail-customer-service-number-phone-for-help-and-custom-6751119
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They are aware but have been unable to stop so far.
Userlevel 2
Badge
i used to run a forum and like here we used to get a barrage of spam, it got to the level we are seeing here so I implemented moderator approval for the first 5 posts on the board. This stopped the spam dead in its tracks. The spammer cannot be bothered to make useful posts before ambushing the board and move on.
That assumes that this platform is even capable of normal board functions such as automatic moderation. The old vBulletin Sonos forums had an auto-moderation feature. Below a certain post count it would step in and auto-mod the post if it thought there was something fishy about it. Occasionally the net nanny could be unnecessarily strict, but mostly it worked okay and we'd pull false positive detections out of moderation within hours.
They shut down the board for days for the upgrade process. There was no problem doing it then. Shut down new registrations and go back to vBulletin. Insided has been incompetent since day one. I would never let my loyal customers suffer this way, especially when many of them do so much tech support saving tech support tons of time (and overhead).
I would never let my loyal customers suffer this way, especially when many of them do so much tech support saving tech support tons of time (and overhead).
More importantly, Sonos reaps the benefit of so much free customer advocacy that would simply not be credible if it came from Sonos employees or marketers; I now can't help but think that the attitudes exhibited here can't be isolated from those that probably prevail for product development, and I will be a lot more careful with my advocacy in future.

I have to figure out a good way to stop doing any more upgrades for a couple of years - following the "if it ain't broke, why allow Sonos to meddle " philosophy- and then see how things look with Sonos before restarting with these.
Unfortunately our toys pester us to update. I have no problem with the upgrades and appreciate anything they can give us, but this board software needs to go. It was an upgrade with nothing but negative benefits for their users.
Product development and customer services are quite different fiefdoms. If I ever suspected that the quality of software selection and maintenance displayed here was mirrored in the actual audio products I too would share your concerns. Thankfully that's never been the case.
By the way, given the amount of progress on the "Changes we’ve requested - but need to be scoped and assessed, feasibility and timelines not known" features in the last year it would be logical to conclude that nothing is going to change functionally whatsoever.

A positive interpretation could be that someone on high realised the horse was dead and stopped flogging it.
Optimistically. Realistically they're all still high-fiving over the decision and successful conversion.
Oddly... I can tell when they spammers are busy... forum takes longer to load. Usually when that happens the main page is loaded with crap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Seriously is no one from Sonos going to stop these spammers ? Absolute silence so far, are they all on a break?
Oddly... I can tell when they spammers are busy... forum takes longer to load. Usually when that happens the main page is loaded with crap.
It could be that the frequency of writes is such that the 'Active since last visit' request waits to get a lock. Or perhaps the software struggles to display the couple of hundred updated threads.
Seriously is no one from Sonos going to stop these spammers ? Absolute silence so far, are they all on a break?
Check out the 'Recently online' at the bottom of the main page.
Yeah but with this software 'recently' could be last Tuesday.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
6 days ago, Sonos were "...working on a number of options...". I suspect that Sonos is unwilling to invest either time or money in actively pursuing a solution - I doubt its high on their list of priorities.