Answered

Outage Spotify Playback Issues and Spotify Connect from Android - December, 2017

Show first post

162 replies

Ryan S wrote:

Good suggestion, eveal! Also, I've seen some people having success by using the Spotify desktop app on their Sonos players to play music, then switching over to the Spotify mobile app.

@Ryan S I Tried that and it worked until I closed the desktop app and then the desktop no longer showed the Sonos speaker at all. :?
Badge
I can't use Connect from either Android or Desktop app.. not a network issue since I can control my phone from the desktop app. Any suggestions ? Sonos shows as available but does not connect, no errors or anything showing. Just silence... :(
diagnostic - 8184301
I can see my speakers but can't connect to them on android.
Badge
According to Spotify the issue is with the Sonos part of Spotify Connect and it's up to Sonos to fix it..

How's the fixing going Sonos???
It's been down for a week now and that's not acceptable.
I've lost all my SONOS playlists twice over the past week from my SONOS lists. The first time I restarted my tablet after a SONOS app update and my lists re-appeared but this time I've done the same again but my lists haven't re-appeared. I'm only showing 3 songs and one radio station. None of which are mine. Can anyone help please?
My guess is this is Sonos once again trying to be an App company when they are a speaker company and using this "outage" as an excuse to force people to use their app rather than interfacing through 1st party ones (Spotify). If all of these comments should tell you anything it is: Your app sucks, we're not going to use it, so integrate better with the ones we are using if you want us to keep buying your expensive speakers (perhaps you could get more apps working as well. It might make sense with this new alexa push to get things that have been around forever like audible to work first). If a $25 Chromecast can make casting like this work across all of the same services and more I'd expect this $1000+ system can too. There are already 3rd party apps on iOS that integrate Sonos better.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
NaB wrote:

My guess is this is Sonos once again trying to be an App company when they are a speaker company and using this "outage" as an excuse to force people to use their app rather than interfacing through 1st party ones (Spotify). If all of these comments should tell you anything it is: Your app sucks, we're not going to use it, so integrate better with the ones we are using if you want us to keep buying your expensive speakers (perhaps you could get more apps working as well. It might make sense with this new alexa push to get things that have been around forever like audible to work first). If a $25 Chromecast can make casting like this work across all of the same services and more I'd expect this $1000+ system can too. There are already 3rd party apps on iOS that integrate Sonos better.

Comparing Chromecast to a Sonos set-up is interesting!
Jeff keeps posting unhelpful recommendations of restarting everything. This is not the problem. The problem is that the Spotify app (on my Android mobile device and on my Windows PC) will no longer play to Sonos speakers even though the speakers show up in the devices available because of an issue between Spotify and Sonos. Is Sonos working with Spotify to correct this problem or do I need to search for a less restrictive speaker option?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
artcpa wrote:

Jeff keeps posting unhelpful recommendations of restarting everything. This is not the problem. The problem is that the Spotify app (on my Android mobile device and on my Windows PC) will no longer play to Sonos speakers even though the speakers show up in the devices available because of an issue between Spotify and Sonos. Is Sonos working with Spotify to correct this problem or do I need to search for a less restrictive speaker option?

We're working with Spotify on it. The fix will be coming to Spotify apps as soon as testing is completed. There have been some suggestions in this thread to try older apps that might work too.
Badge
Ryan S wrote:

We're working with Spotify on it. The fix will be coming to Spotify apps as soon as testing is completed. There have been some suggestions in this thread to try older apps that might work too.

Great, thanks for the info.
When is your test phase done and how soon after will you release a public version?

Downgrading by downloading an app from some third party site doesn't really seem like a wise suggestion as we don't know what else we get apart from the Spotify app.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Thyg0d wrote:

When is your test phase done and how soon after will you release a public version?

I don't have a specific timeline, but it shouldn't take too long.

Thyg0d wrote:

Downgrading by downloading an app from some third party site doesn't really seem like a wise suggestion as we don't know what else we get apart from the Spotify app.

I agree, and we don't officially recommend it in any way, but I've seen some people here willing to make the risk and have success.
Just FYI I am having the same problem using the iOS app.
Badge
I have just spent the whole night trying to solve this problem. My wife is fed up with Sonos and Spotify. She says. Give me a CD anyday. I can't say I blame her. I don't have a leg to stand on. Please fix this problem.
Temp fix posted above to start playing on your computer then control through phone works fairly well.
Had the connect issue and fixed it by installing Spotify beta 8.4.31.723 apk. You can get it here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-31-723-release/ It's been working fine for couple days after the install
Scred33 wrote:

Had the connect issue and fixed it by installing Spotify beta 8.4.31.723 apk. You can get it here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-31-723-release/ It's been working fine for couple days after the install

Having same issues as everyone here. Can't install the apk because it's corrupt for my smartphone so atm I have no way of easily playing music on my Sonos.
same here, i use sonos through spotify connect. Around a week ago that stopped working, although the speaker is still visible. Three people/devices stopped working at the same time. Still works through spotify desktop app. Here is the interesting thing, if i log onto desktop app on my account the android spotify connection starts working. At this point everyone else's use dead. I shut laptop down and the Android connection usec still live. So it appears an initialisation issue? Now, if i restart the laptop and login to spotify on their account their Android app works and mine stops working. The pattern repeats, whoever was last logged on works.

A bit of an issue as a joint Christmas present was a new sonos speaker, but not with a non working system......
Scred33 wrote:

Works for me. Thanks! :D
Re the problem of being unable to use Spotify Connect to control my Sonos Player (from Android device). I still experience this problem. Submitted diagnostics 8198004. Hope it can be resolved soon. Many thanks.
Have this problem also on my S7 Edge. Downloading APK outside play store is not a solution. Been over a week now and this is really not what I expected when I bought my first Sonos one. I guess this is a Spotify issue, but Sonos should be quicker to tell people about this and give more information! Other than that I'm a happy with my Sonos.
Hmmm, seems to be working now for me...wasn't working previously.
Badge
Hey Sonos,

Now it's starting be get pretty ridiculous..
It's now been an additional 3 days and still no update??

Can we please get our act together now and sort this?
It's not exactly the best time with Christmas shopping in full speed and your
stuff doesn't work with one of the largest streaming companies in the world.

It takes years to build a reputation, two weeks down is plenty full to ruin that reputation!
This is very disappointing, it has been a couple of weeks now and I still do not have the ability to play my Sonos from Spotify even though I can see the speaker.
Oh man, Spotify Connect with Sonos has always been, at best, unreliable for me. It's now just totally unusable. It's really poor.
Badge
AndersBerken wrote:

Scred33 wrote:

Works for me. Thanks! :D

Beta did it for me!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P