Now Playing YouTube Music on Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Community Manager
  • 10887 replies
Starting today, YouTube Music is now available on Sonos. You can explore the world of YouTube Music by adding a paid Premium subscription account to your Sonos system. Listen to original audio content, remixes, live performances, and covers you can only find on YouTube Music.

YouTube Music plays music based on your tastes and serves up community favorites. Discover something new and keep up with what’s trending.

To add YouTube Music just make sure you are connected to your WiFi network and update to the latest version of the Sonos app. Within Sonos, tap the More tab followed by Add Music Services. Then, just add your subscription account.

You can add YouTube Music to your Sonos app in any country where YouTube Music is available. These include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. 

For more details and answers about YouTube Music on Sonos, see our page here

All Google Play Music, YouTube Music Premium, and YouTube Premium subscribers also have access to YouTube Music. For details on YouTube subscriptions and services, please visit https://www.youtube.com/musicpremium.

4 replies

Ryan, Looks great. Any plans to add a thumbs-up/down feature to the integration? The regular YT Music app has this and is very useful with it learning what songs we like and curating our playlists. Thanks for all your work!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
thank you for adding this service looking forward to full google voice control later this year
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Here it says a Premium account is required, but the linked page says "you will need a subscription to YouTube Music or YouTube Premium". I can get neither account type to work (see my post in the Forum).
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
controlav wrote:

Here it says a Premium account is required, but the linked page says "you will need a subscription to YouTube Music or YouTube Premium". I can get neither account type to work (see my post in the Forum).

You also state you're on a trial account.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings