New Play Commands with version 6.4

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

161 replies

I'm most certain you will see the big with adding as second item in queue for play now from exhausted queue fixed in next software update.
Queue lock mode - I'm not holding my breath.

On the former: I hope that you are correct.
Thinking positively with regard to the later, maybe someone should start an either|or poll
1. Apple people are party people, (and besides we didn't even get to beta test those changes)
2. Android people are party animals, (and besides we are less precious about handing our devices around to guests)

That way Sonos will know which controller to fix first 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I started a poll on but it was all messed up. I think either / or is bad though. They can really deliver both if hey care to fix this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I just got another app update for Android and it keeps notifying me to update....
???
Also got an update on iOS to 6.4.1, but the update notes appear to be the same as with 6.4.0. Is there any substantive difference in the two, or is it just simple "bug fixing"?

Fortunately, it's not the same loop that camillo777 is in, but I'm not home to test it with any speakers.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I think life has returned to normal in my Sonos world.

Thank you Sonos.

Now - if I can just have "Play Next" option whilst using he queue - I will be complete!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Play next when using queue is under the ... menu on iOS
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Play next when using queue is under the ... menu on iOS

It is there (on Android ) when adding a track to the queue from the Music Library but not when long pressing on a track in the actual queue. I get "Play Now" and "More" but what is needed desparately is " Play Next" as well.

If you have a queue of 200 songs and scroll down, find a track you want to play next you have to "Edit" which entails trying to drag the track back upwards and drop it below the currently playing track which is nye on impossible to spot as it not even highlighted in a prominent manner.

"Play Next" would save all that palaver.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Oh your talking about something we have never had that I'm aware of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Oh your talking about something we have never had that I'm aware of.

He and I talked about it a couple pages back 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes I remember old conversation on.
Badge
I'm a Sonos booster and I'm not here to bitch and complain but with the latest update pretty much everything I do erases my queue without warning. Kinda sucks. I'm still trying to figure out the logic of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Always use the ... menu never click on the song.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I'd like the default of a double click in the Sonos Desktop Controller to be add to the queue and play in stead of clear the queue and play. The same goes for tapping a song on my smart phone: a simple tap shouldn't clear the existing queue.
Always use the ... menu never click on the song.

Or click slow - same effect.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
One unintended awesome accidental bonus feature of the new update is "click track, play from here to end of album". I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ever wanted it (for a "continue iPod commute soundtrack when I get home" use-case). But such a feature should never be the default, always a menu option. And the play button should do consistent things across all screens (preferably "append to queue and play" as before, not "replace queue"). And obviously, that "insert into stopped queue at position 2" bug/feature is rubbish... If I could rollback/refuse this update I would.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Unintended? It was pretty much the whole reason for the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nice to hear someone who wanted the feature chime in that it was want what they intended in asking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14
We had our first use of 'party occasion' Sonos last Saturday. Maybe 'disaster' would be too strong a word but Sonos came out of it very, very badly indeed.
Lost count of how many times songs were interrupted and stopped for new songs - while people were singing and/or dancing. I was guilty just as much as others who I'd tried to 'educate'. Especially as you'd had a few drinks, you just didn't know what was going to happen when you pushed a button. After a few instances of completely losing the queue I went to it and moved a couple of tracks around - but still songs were added immediately when pressed on the phone. Couldn't fathom it out until I realised and had to explain (to no avail) that because the songs had been found (as is often the case at an 'occasion') by a search, that the 'play' behaviour for some reason was different and inconsistent. They no longer knew when adding a song what would be added - or even if the whole queue would be deleted. Not a single person 'got it' and, unlike past occasions where Sonos has gained a few sales, the app was absolutely hated with a passion. Why not keep the 'old' behaviour as the default - and the newer functions within the ... options?
One simple question was, even if you 'liked' the functionality of adding the complete album - or stupid, atmosphere destroying playlist, why did that mean the queue was deleted? Why not just insert it where you have asked? I couldn't answer that one either.
I only used the system again today for the first time since - opposite effect for me and listening far less. Horrible mess of an update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I really like the changes. Much more useful. I'd hate to think what some people will make of iOS10 as things have chnges. No doubt it will a disaster for them. It will force them to RTFM though.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I really like the changes. Much more useful.
Irony? I do hope so. For me it's hard to understand why any operation in the music library should lead to annihilation of the actual playing queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sjw. Your experience is exactly what I have. Even taking about. I can't believe anyone who has said they like the controller has used it with a multiuser environment. I will agree it works fine for a song user. But when multiple users are involved in a group situation it's a mess.

Bored of bedlam - have you used it in a social situation with multiple users
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Multiuser or Single user, the new default is unintuitive to me. If you tap on an item you should not get anything more than that item as a one tap default. There is no reasonable explanation why what you already had in your queue should be deleted. Until someone gives me acceptable logic for that I will hold my view that this is UNINTUITIVE!

Worse is when you have an exhausted queue and you select play now it inserts the song in second position.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
wow my phone made my last post incomprehensible - should say

Sjw. Your experience is exactly what I have. I can't believe anyone who has said they like the controller has used it with a multiuser environment. I will agree it works fine for a single user. But when multiple users are involved in a group situation it's a mess.

Bored of bedlam - have you used it in a social situation with multiple users
Bored of Balham - iOS 10 is a typical Apple incremental upgrade. You need to go searching for the changes but the core functionality is the same. There is a fundamental difference. What Sonos have done is destroy the functionally that made it unique from all the other products out there. If you like the current version then we have to respect that but there are many of us that have invested a lot of money in a product and it has suddenly been updated to work in a completely different way, surely you can understand our frustration. I hope that Sonos realise this and implement a fix to suit both types of user.
Please please make the "tap to..." behaviour user definable. I do not like "tap to play" but appreciate others might. Sonos has always worked the way I want it to. It doesn't now, it's like the iPhone music app. I've spent a lot of money on Sonos devices so please don't ruin the user experience for me. Thank you