Meet SYMFONISK, IKEA speakers built with Sonos

Related products: Hardware News

Introducing SYMFONISK, brand new speakers designed by IKEA in partnership with Sonos to work flawlessly with Sonos systems. We’re excited to share the SYMFONISK bookshelf and table lamp speakers.

The table lamp with WiFi speaker integrates sound, light, and interior design in a single product, perfect for small spaces or homes that do not wish for technology to be a visible part of the home design.

The versatile bookshelf WiFi speaker opens up the Sonos experience to many new placements and functions that can bring joy and a great sound experience to the home.

With these new additions, you have even more options to choose what will best fit your design and listening needs. Such as adding a table lamp to a room to bring light and sound, or mount the bookshelf speakers into IKEA furniture or on the wall.

All SYMFONISK products will be controlled through the Sonos app along with any other Sonos products. You’ll also be able to use direct control options from select music partners, and AirPlay 2 from iOS devices. They’ll also receive Sonos software updates, some features are tied to specific hardware requirements and might not be available on SYMFONISK.

Two of the same model SYMFONISK speakers can be used together as surround sound speakers for a Sonos home theater setup, or a pair can be used together for stereo playback in a room.

Use the Sonos app for iOS to tune SYMFONISK speakers with Trueplay to customize the sound for your unique living space.

The SYMFONISK WiFi table lamp comes in black and white and features a standard E12/E14 socket for the bulb, capable of supporting a smart bulb if you’d like to add one. It features an on/off switch on the side to control the light.

The bookshelf and table lamp speaker will be available in Europe and North America in August 2019, sold exclusively by IKEA at stores and IKEA.com.

The WiFi table lamp speaker will be available for €179 / $179 and the Wifi bookshelf speaker will be available for €99,95 / $99.

Find out more and sign up to stay informed on our website.
@Geoff Prague, the SYMFONISK Lamp uses a US E12 bulb (7W max), and the power cord that comes with it is the US power cord (If purchased there). If you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. It's an auto switching amplifier and the hardware is the same.
@Geoff Prague, the SYMFONISK Lamp uses a US E12 bulb (7W max), and the power cord that comes with it is the US power cord (If purchased there). If you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. It's an auto switching amplifier and the hardware is the same.

Thank you Ryan! I guess the outstanding question I have (any maybe it's not clearly labeled on the item itself) is whether 220-volt bulbs will work with the lamp. If I bring a Sonos 3 from America and use a plug adapter it works with 220-volt systems. And a typical lamp I buy in America, if use a plug adapter and a 220-volt bulb, it works in Europe. But I'm curious since it's a single cable, is there a split inside where the electricity is routed in one direction to do its magic with the speaker bits (I guess a DC convertor?) and the other route where it stays AC and lights the lamp?
@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.
@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.

Thank you! And did you buy it here in Europe or in America? The reason I'm asking is it's not available yet in Czech and I have family coming from America soon and I'd like to get one if it'll work here! 🙂

@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.Thank you! And did you buy it here in Europe or in America? The reason I'm asking is it's not available yet in Czech and I have family coming from America soon and I'd like to get one if it'll work here! :)

In Europe. But as Ryan stated, if you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. Bulb is not included, you'll need to buy one at a local electronics store in Czech.

Really impressed by the sound.