Meet Sonos Roam, the ultra-portable smart speaker

Meet Sonos Roam, the ultra-portable smart speaker

Show first post

364 replies

No, the Roam will not work with S1.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Does it work with any Qi charger?

It says that it will work with any Qi Charger…. pleasantly surprised on that one :relaxed:

Userlevel 7

Will the Move be able to auto Trueplay in BT mode, as the Roam does?

In the presentation, Giles Martin mentioned they will bring it to the Move too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Wanted to pre order Roam however despite PayPal being advertised apparently not for pre orders. You guys sure ain’t making this easy

Badge +2

Will Sound Swap function be available to the Move as a firmware update after the Roam release?

Userlevel 1

Does Roam work with Sonos S1?

So of course, I got questions.

If you long press play/pause on the Roam when it’s not playing music, will it join a group that’s currently playing music in your system?

Will the Roam be able to perform the rear surround duties in a home theatre room ? (pretty sure it’s no, but asking anyway)

What is the voltage/amps of the charger?  Can it be charged with a typical phone or tablet charging setup?

Are there wall mounts or other accessories, besides the charger, coming for the Roam?

Are any of these new features be applied to the Move?  Some seem they could apply.

Will you be able to ‘speaker swap’ from the Move to nearest Sonos speaker? 

Will the Move be able to be in BT and WiFi  concurrently?

Will the Move be able to auto Trueplay in BT mode, as the Roam does?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Looks great. Much smaller than I expected it to be though. Looking forward to hearing one - feature set looks good. 

Impressive!

How’s its power compared to a One/SL/Play1? And its sound?

Does it work with any Qi charger?

I see you can create stereo pair, is that WiFi only or can be done that also be done when Bluetooth away from home?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Pre order page uk not working either

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

FYI - It doesn’t appear the pre-order link is working.

Hi @Mike Ca 

Thanks for your interest in Roam! I’d give it a little time to get online, we’re just now releasing all the appropriate pages for Roam. :relaxed:

Best,

Ditte

Userlevel 2
Badge

If the sound matches the look it will be a winner!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Great looking product.  Would like to pre-order one, but it doesn’t appear the pre-order link is working.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/roam.html