Meet Sonos One SL, Brilliant Sound Your Way

Related products: Hardware News
Meet Sonos One SL, Brilliant Sound Your Way
Available on September 12th, Sonos One SL is the essential speaker for music and more. Sonos One SL has the same sound and many of the same great features as Sonos One, only without the built-in microphones, giving you the choice to add voice into your system or not.

Sonos One SL delivers rich, room-filling sound in a compact size. It features two Class-D amplifiers perfectly tuned to its unique acoustic architecture, powering a mid-range woofer and a tweeter.

Control it with the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, and more. You can still control One SL with your voice when you wirelessly connect it to a voice-enabled device, such as a Sonos One, Sonos Beam, Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home Mini. Only where these services are available with Sonos.

The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop or tuck it away on your office bookshelf. Pair two Sonos One SL speakers, or a One SL and a Sonos One, to get stereo sound or for rear surround speakers in a 5.1 set-up.

More details on Sonos One SL:

• Stream music to One SL with the Sonos app or Apple AirPlay 2.
  • Use Trueplay with an iOS device to tune the speaker to sound great no matter where it’s placed.
  • Capacitive touch controls on top let you tap and swipe to play, pause, skip tracks, adjust the volume, and group rooms.

Pre-order today on Sonos.com in stunning all black or all white for $179 US (€199 EUR), available worldwide starting September 12th.

Hmmm... so if I understand correctly, we have a Play:1 a One and a One SL? I have to figure this one out, the 'One' product line is not very clear to me.
Hmmm... so if I understand correctly, we have a Play:1 a One and a One SL? I have to figure this one out, the 'One' product line is not very clear to me.

The SL is replacing the Play:1
So, is the OneSL just a new version of the Play:1? The difference being that it CAN stereo pair with the Sonos One, where the old Play:1 could not?

A feature chart, showing the differences between the Play1, Sonos One, and One SL would certainly be helpful.
So, is the OneSL just a new version of the Play:1? The difference being that it CAN stereo pair with the Sonos One, where the old Play:1 could not?

A feature chart, showing the differences between the Play1, Sonos One, and One SL would certainly be helpful.

Differences between One and One SL:

One SL has no voice control built in.

Differences between Play:1 and One SL:

One SL can be paired with One

One SL supports Airplay 2
I like this product. I have several places where I bought a One, but don't need/want the voice crap. Would have saved me a few bucks.

Then again, I have some Play:1's around and they're fine too. 😎

One and SL has capacity controls, while the play:1 has hard buttons.

One and SL look identical, comes in blackk or white, while the play:1 comes in grey/black, white/grey only

One and SL can be setup with BLE while play:1 cannot.

One and SL look identical, comes in blackk or white, while the play:1 comes in grey/black, white/grey only

Thanks, I knew I missed some.

Thanks, I knew I missed some.

You got the more important ones.
As someone who was looking to add 2 rear speakers for a 5.1 home cinema and preferred the One's aesthetic to the Play 1, these are welcome addition.
I'll buy a pair of these. I've given up on voice assistants from a sonos device anyway. I'd rather connect a dot to the speaker.
As a non voice user, I was very excited to see this product released!
Are there any plans to reintroduce the mount on the back? I have Play:1 and will not introduce microphones into my homes, and I'm excited about the SL; however, I don't see a mounting hole on the new unit. 😞
Are there any plans to reintroduce the mount on the back? I have Play:1 and will not introduce microphones into my homes, and I'm excited about the SL; however, I don't see a mounting hole on the new unit. :(

The mounting bracket threading on the back of the Play:1 wasn't introduced to the Sonos One or the One SL, but there are mounts for them made by Flexson and Sanus which we have available on our website.
When is the international launch for the Sonos One SL?

The Move launched in Singapore this week, but no news on the SL.

You hit the nail on the head with “One and SL can be setup with BLE while play:1 cannot.” That was a big update - but its not complete Bluetooth 4.2 or 5.0, and cannot pair with Bluetooth devices to stream, yet.

I have bought One SL for replacing my Play1, but i found the sound stage and sub bass seem better on Play1. I really upset for it as I believe the sound quality and tone should be identical the same

The play 1 and Sonos One spins near identical to my ears, the SL is just the One without the voice stuff so no reason for it to be different. 
Have you trueplay turned out ?

One and SL have Airplay 2 which I love! Just pick up the phone and play a tune. Voila! C'est bon!

As a non voice user, I was very excited to see this product released!

I second this emotion.

it is unclear to me what SONOS aims at with this product, since you can always opt out to use the voice services - maybe SONOS wants more of the low-end market share

it is unclear to me what SONOS aims at with this product, since you can always opt out to use the voice services - maybe SONOS wants more of the low-end market share

It's giving people the chance to get a quality speaker with the features they want, without paying for something they don't want.  What's not to like?

Ok SL don’t have microphone for direct voice control. My question is if the Sonos One SL is viewed from Alexa environment and I can say to one Amazon Echo to play music on a Sonos One SL or set it as preferred speaker of a same room where there is a Amazon Echo. Thanks

Nice review on What HiFi including some tuning tips.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/sonos-one-sl

I have bought One SL for replacing my Play1, but i found the sound stage and sub bass seem better on Play1. I really upset for it as I believe the sound quality and tone should be identical the same

According to Sonos bass is better on the One’s vs the 1’s because of a slightly bigger magnet.

You may be experiencing break in and also Trueplay and settings make a big difference.

Alexa Drop In feature missing :-(

Won't buy any other Sonos as planned before Alexa Drop In us included...!

Not much Sonos can do about that, it is a decision made by Amazon.