Meet Sonos Five, studio-quality sound

Related products: Hardware News
Meet Sonos Five, studio-quality sound

Available on June 10th, Sonos Five is our most powerful speaker for music and more in high-fidelity sound. Enjoy seamless control with the all-new Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, music service apps, and more.

EWDwlltwmoEKTOV_ptQdVOpgM4F5N_4y4A7IDbNxzmLxDRVNwqt-gNbYN9JaOCVLhtzMGhAZAow7J616WXfidUjF-2NI0a9CggvciiMBgLyVgJ1RdBmeR1YpJUNsSGhcG9E2ohr4

Studio quality sound

Sonos Five delivers the same great sound as the Play:5, with updated internals including increased memory, processing power, and a new wireless radio. Six Class-D digital amplifiers are perfectly tuned for Five’s acoustic architecture to power the three tweeters and three mid-woofers. 

The custom-designed woofers deliver rich bass while the sealed architecture eliminates reverb and echo. This ensures faithful playback of vocal frequencies in addition to rich bass without distortion, even at high volumes.

One center tweeter and two precisely-angled side tweeters create a crisp high-frequency response.

This all creates a wide stereo soundstage that directs sound to the left, right, and center from one compact speaker. You can amplify the experience by adding another Sonos Five as a stereo pair in either vertical or horizontal orientations, or bring it to the next level with a Sonos Sub. 

gaghFsv18CEl1F7I7aWPG5G2DGetQWUZVId6g1ncddd7SlQHQPBW3fTCGiFX7-7F6cPHgO9-u0Eupd9HjJakrRz4jZVzjHH5Wdu_XslskRQwjEzrzOjQWvaZ-xqw_zpdlbI7YPqI

Some more details on Sonos Five:

• Simple to set-up. Plug Five into power and bring your phone up to Five to automatically pair and securely transfer WiFi credentials using near-field communication (NFC).

• Analogue line-in. With 3.5 mm jack for connecting another device, bring sound to Sonos from anything with a standard audio connection. 

• Flexible Orientation. Enjoy great sound with a standalone Sonos Five horizontally, or pair two Fives in the upright position for incredibly detailed stereo separation. A pair of Fives can also be used as surrounds for a Sonos home theater speaker.

• Control your way. Control Sonos Five with your voice when paired with a voice enabled device, the Sonos app, your favorite music service’s app, or AirPlay 2. Capacitive touch controls for play, pause, skip tracks, adjust the volume, and group rooms just by tapping or swiping the top of the speaker. LED indicates status, and mute status.

• Tune with Trueplay. Trueplay puts the speaker-tuning capability of the pros in the palm of your hands, adapting and optimizing the sound of the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room. iOS device required. 

• Dimensions. The dimensions are (H x W x D) 8.03 x 14.33 x 6.06 inches (203 x 364 x 154 mm) and Five weighs 14 lbs (6.36 kg).

Pre-order today on Sonos.com in black with a black grille and, for the first time, white with a white grille for $499 US (€579 EUR).

We’ve announced details for the Sonos Arc and new Sonos Sub. You can also check out our blog for some great stories. 

heeey community , how can I connect two sonos  five in the computer ??

can I use two sonos five in one computer …? the computer only have one out , its the earphone out 

im new on this brand 

I m looking some videos but they're not have tutorials 

thanks !!

can I use two sonos five in one computer …? the computer only have one out , its the earphone out 

im new on this brand 

thanks !!

Hi @rodrigoca,

Connect the computer via the earphone out/line in to one of the Fives (let’s call it speaker 1). In the app under Settings for speaker 1 configure the Line-In settings. You’ll likely want the Audio Delay setting set to Low/75ms and Autoplay to speaker 1.  Then (in the app) set the 2 Fives up as a stereo pair (again in the settings > speaker 1) with speaker 2, or simply group with speaker 2 if for some reason you just want a mono pair.

Hope that helps.

im new on this brand 

thanks !!

Hi @rodrigoca,

Connect the computer via the earphone out/line in to one of the Fives (let’s call it speaker 1). In the app under Settings for speaker 1 configure the Line-In settings. You’ll likely want the Audio Delay setting set to Low/75ms and Autoplay to speaker 1.  Then (in the app) set the 2 Fives up as a stereo pair (again in the settings > speaker 1) with speaker 2, or simply group with speaker 2 if for some reason you just want a mono pair.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a looot!!!!

I have another one ... hahaha , can i conect two sonos five with the sonos Beam , can i do that ? And how...sorry im new on this things..

Have a nice one there GleannanIolair!!!

Thanks a looot!!!!

I have another one ... hahaha , can i conect two sonos five with the sonos Beam , can i do that ? And how...sorry im new on this things..

Have a nice one there GleannanIolair!!!

Hi @rodrigoca

It depends on what kind of setup/layout you have. If you have the Beam set up as a different room/zone then you can group it with the Sonos Five pair.

If the speakers are in the same room you can still group but probably just need to ensure the levels are set properly to get the best out of each speaker. Depending on layout having the Fives as a stereo pair might not work so play about to see which you prefer.

Alternatively, if in the same room, you could set the Fives up as the surrounds for the Beam - you can access this setup within the settings > (zone with beam) > Add Surround Speakers and then follow the instructions to setup the Fives. You may than also want to go into the Surround Audio setting and set Music Playback=Full, as well as increasing the Music Level slider, to get the most out of the Fives. However, it seems this option disables the line in port on the Fives which doesn’t sound like it would work for you. 

es ce que je peux utiliser 2 Five avec la barre de son arc et le sub3? pour home cinema

@UseroftheSonos, the Sonos Five doesn’t have support for WiFi 6 which was released well after the Sonos Five hardware had been fully designed. 

Regarding stereo pairing, the answer is that the computing components are too different for us to support stereo pairing between the old Play:5 gen2 and the new Sonos Five. 

I don’t think that a “premium” product like this should have obsolescence built in. £500 is too expensive to find out it is not an investment.  I’ve had a Play 5 Gen 2 for 18 months and have planned to add another for a stereo pair but have to justify that expense.  I went to install my new Five today only to find out it cannot be paired.  I can’t justify £500 for an “extra” speaker so will return but now have to live with the knowledge that my Play 5 is “redundant”.

You can no longer use the PLAY:5 Gen 2?

Why wouldn't you get a play 5 before they all went. I did with the play 1.